Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Newbie ;)

What to make of dreams about my recently deceased Mum??

Hello all, I hope you are all very well.

My name is Otto and this is my 1st post as a member here. I was very eager to get on the forum as I have a million and 1 things to ask but for today I will save the million things and just ask the 1.

I wonder if someone can shed some light on a few dreams I have had since my Mum died suddenly in March. I apologise if it is a little long but I will give a little info before I describe the dreams briefly, but all have a very similar tone.

Ok, my Mum died in March and although we knew she would go this way, we did not expect it so suddenly.
The week leading up to her passing, she had a bug, a bit of a cold but nothing serious in any shape or form. Then on the Friday I visited her, she was in a horrific state, seemed very drunk and she could hardly move, she could not stand up. My mum for over 40 yrs was a chronic alcoholic but not once would she ever admit it and flatly denied it.
I couldn't get in and a neighbour had to get through a window, I got in and offered her every assistance and she refused I thought she was having another drunken episode like the many she had before and slept it off. She sat down and I left and agreed to come back to see her Monday.

The Monday, peeked through the window, she hadn't moved, Police smashed the door to let paramedics in but she had died, probably shortly after I left on Friday.
Cause of death was a liver failure due to alcohol poisoning.

Anyway, on the Friday after she died I had a dream about her, his was the first of around 5 I have had since.
The dream was, I was in the house sorting things out and I was talking to her in another room, I asked her something about finding something out for me and her reply was "yes, but last Saturday I was sleeping" she said t in a somber tone and I replied "oh yes" and then she came into the doorway, much taller than she was, hair done, make up, looked slim and 30 yrs younger with a glowing golden light around her and she said to me "But what do you think about my face now?" (Due to many drunken falls my mum in real life had some terrible scarring on her face and this upset her a lot) I told her she looked really good and said to her as she disappeared " keep in touch" and as she disappeared her voice in the distance said "I will"
Following that dream I was a little shaken but I felt this was a sign she was happy now and at peace.

A month or so later I had a dream, only a short one, in the dream she had survived and been in the hospital and was returning home, she was very unwell, in pain and breathing heavily, she seemed very drunk.

The next dream, I visited her home and found 4 other people slumped on the floor, passed out and drunk with bottles and cans of booze everywhere, in the corner was my mum, absolutely hammered, slurring her words, I shouted at her and walked out. (In real life mum didn't drink with anyone it was always in her own)

Next one, she was lying in bed, again looked in a lot of pain, breathing very heavily, I asked her if she had met anyone famous and she replied no, I asked if she had met anyone and she said, Grandad only Grandad. That is when I started to get concerned.

Next, I helped a woman being attacked and spoke to her, she then looked away from me and started talking to someone else saying "do you want to come in and read catalogues with me" I thought, who is she talking to? I didn't know my mum was next to me, she nodded her head and walked in the house with the woman I helped.

Most recent one from Monday, my phone was ringing and I picked up and it was mum, I was a little surprised but not scared, I asked how she was and she was ok, however she sounded drunk and was slurring her words, she then in her drunken angry tone ranted "do you know what the doctor said would happen if I have another drink?" "I'll get Tonsilitis!!" I laughed and said "Tonsilitiis! Do you know what happened?" And she ranted back "what do you mean!" It then went quiet!

I'm getting a little worried she may not have gone to another place or she is not at peace even concerned my grandfather won't allow her to join her relatives in wherever. Every dream I have of her she seems drunk or in a bad way, a lot different from the lady in the gold light. I do in my head and said out loud after she died in her home to go to the light and don't wait around.

I'm sorry it has been a terribly long post, thank you for reading and any suggestions would be more than welcome.
Old 31-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Ascender

My condolences to you as I had the same loss early last year so I know how youll be feeling and just how far you still have to go

Ive had dreams with both parents (but never together) but they are nearly always nonsensical

Im not as quick to jump to the conclusion they are really visits from the other side. Im not ruling it out but if its in the context of a jumbled narrative then I tend to think they are just the mind working it all out
Old 31-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Master
hugs and love for your loss xx i hope you are finding comfort.
my idea about these dreams is quite simple to explain. i believe your first experience was a visit from your dear mum. the other dreams could be more dreams processing your feelibgs and thoughts surrounding events with your mum.
i have visits from my mum, but i also had alot of processing dreams inbetween. the difference is usually always about the type of energy you observed in the first experience, our loved ones tend to visit us looking very well! and often we can see there light to.
might be an idea to consider looking into the other dreams and letting them guide towards your emotions and potential areas that may require your awareness to heal through ir just accept or whatever it is they need!
its beautiful your mum came through to let you know shes ok and in a loving state :

much healing to you x
loooy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 31-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
My condolences to you as I had the same loss early last year so I know how youll be feeling and just how far you still have to go

Ive had dreams with both parents (but never together) but they are nearly always nonsensical

Im not as quick to jump to the conclusion they are really visits from the other side. Im not ruling it out but if its in the context of a jumbled narrative then I tend to think they are just the mind working it all out

Hi metal68 thank you very much for your reply and likewise, my condolences for your loss I think strange dreams with a parent in are possibly the subconscious way of dealing with things and putting things into perspective.
Old 31-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
hugs and love for your loss xx i hope you are finding comfort.
my idea about these dreams is quite simple to explain. i believe your first experience was a visit from your dear mum. the other dreams could be more dreams processing your feelibgs and thoughts surrounding events with your mum.
i have visits from my mum, but i also had alot of processing dreams inbetween. the difference is usually always about the type of energy you observed in the first experience, our loved ones tend to visit us looking very well! and often we can see there light to.
might be an idea to consider looking into the other dreams and letting them guide towards your emotions and potential areas that may require your awareness to heal through ir just accept or whatever it is they need!
its beautiful your mum came through to let you know shes ok and in a loving state :

much healing to you x
loooy

Thank you loopylucid for your very kind words and message, I do agree I believe the 1st dream may have been some sort of visit as during the week a few strange things happened. The day after it all happened I went back to the house, and went upstairs, in my head I kept hearing a playful voice saying "Boo" and asi stood in the bathroom felt a poke in my back. Later I knocked a bag of photos and the phot that fell out was a photo of her as a young girl with her dad. Next day I'm standing by the car and a white feather spun down out of no where, no trees near by or bird and it landed by a daffodil flower, her favourite. Quite a few coincidental signs for want of a better word in the few days after she went.

The other dreams I think are the brain subconsciously processing everything.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoSkorz
Thank you loopylucid for your very kind words and message, I do agree I believe the 1st dream may have been some sort of visit as during the week a few strange things happened. The day after it all happened I went back to the house, and went upstairs, in my head I kept hearing a playful voice saying "Boo" and asi stood in the bathroom felt a poke in my back. Later I knocked a bag of photos and the phot that fell out was a photo of her as a young girl with her dad. Next day I'm standing by the car and a white feather spun down out of no where, no trees near by or bird and it landed by a daffodil flower, her favourite. Quite a few coincidental signs for want of a better word in the few days after she went.

The other dreams I think are the brain subconsciously processing everything.

Sounds beautiful otto :) Ive always said, our loved ones continue to keep in contact with us, and will try some wonderful things to get our attention! Untill we finally truly know in our hearts without doubt its them. This can for some take a long time, some remain never sure until the meet again, for some its very quick, I know my biggest problem wasn't that the communication wasn't there, but id always think, aww that's jus a coincidence or dismiss it as a desire of imagination.
But now im certain, and dreams are a first class way of getting through that seems to work well for both energys.
I don't know if you've ever tried lucid dreaming, but you can do a few things if you wanted to aid this communication, if you use seeing your mum in a dream as a trigger point, ie fill your brain with the idea that if you see your mum at sleep, you must be dreaming, keep at it for a while, then what can happen is when one occurs, your mind kicks in like a 'hold on...' moment, where you realise in the dream, your dreaming... from there things can have more specific directions to go in, ie I did this as a prelude to meeting as I got to ask questions, we got to speak about things I needed to, but most importantly I got hugs and love, I felt amazing forever after that hehehe!
Not sure if that would be something you would want, but thought id pop it out there anyway :)
Thanks for sharing here, you have bought back many good memories for myself also in doing so. I wish you and your mums relationship on this new energy level much love and happiness, your whole life long.
Its a loss we cant ever comprehend, I hope your heart heals gently, be kind to yourself :)

Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~