Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 18-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Merlini

read chi flow and body movements as in body, and let chi flow

:-/ make sense?
Old 18-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlini
read chi flow and body movements as in body, and let chi flow

:-/ make sense?

Chi flows even if you don't move your body, what do you mean in your post?
Old 18-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Merlini

awareness of it changes something into practise,.. get a clue
Old 18-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlini
awareness of it changes something into practise,.. get a clue

Sorry I don't understand what you are talking about, not to worry though
Old 13-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Sorry I don't understand what you are talking about, not to worry though

Yes Chi is constantly moving in your body, but when you are doing the exercises you have more awareness of the chi flow because of the concentration you put into breathing, formation of your body, as well as visualizing. Like multi tasking with different body senses, but lucid. You have to focus during the exercises so you become more awakened to your body feeling the chi energy in time you gain more control of your chi. Chi is basically your spiritual energy.
Old 13-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakeningnow
Hello I was wondering if tai chi could have any negative effects for people suffering from mental disorders and whose energy might be wacky. as for me i often have periods of uncontrolled energy spurts and schizoid thinking, paranoia etc. when i do tai chi i feel the chi very good and it really brings me present although i feel it might be on an unrealistic plane of reality. Is tai chi still good to practice with unrealistic thinking and uncontrolled energy levels? I ask because i have read before in this chakra book that those with mental disorders should be careful when they do tai chi, qi gong and yoga etc... anyone experienced and have any advice? please and thank you...

it does energise the system doing these excercises, but it not only energises you....it energises and amplifys any negative energy in your system as well, so you could say it has announced to you whats been hidden in your body and mind, so you need to look at how you de-energise whats been brought forth, it can take the form of having sudden bursts of anger or sadness and the paranoia you mentioned in your post or it could be something more sinister, that can be done by analysis and meditation...so it's more work for you! someone mentioned recalibration in one of the posts which I would go along with, so if your struggling with things internally going on already then there could be more problems for you down the line.
just my view on this.
Old 15-12-2016, 05:04 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakeningnow
Hello I was wondering if tai chi could have any negative effects for people suffering from mental disorders and whose energy might be wacky. as for me i often have periods of uncontrolled energy spurts and schizoid thinking, paranoia etc. when i do tai chi i feel the chi very good and it really brings me present although i feel it might be on an unrealistic plane of reality. Is tai chi still good to practice with unrealistic thinking and uncontrolled energy levels? I ask because i have read before in this chakra book that those with mental disorders should be careful when they do tai chi, qi gong and yoga etc... anyone experienced and have any advice? please and thank you...
It all depends on whether the practice is done using a western mindset or an eastern one.
In the extreme, the first views it as physical practice devoid of anything else. If done in that way there is little harm. If done as a spiritual practice there is the possibility of energies surfacing in ways which are unfamiliar to us. This means that we have difficulty managing and directing them.
Irrespective of the practice the boundaries may blur, even if only done as physical exercise the celestial realm may occasionally intrude.
Anyone with mental disorders should make sure that they have good support from people who can pull them back out of troubling states.