Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
You pose a question - was God responsible? But you cannot prove He was not. I am not definite that He was responsible. But neither am I sure He was not.

God is not separate. He is part and parcel.

It's all down to perception and I am 100% certain that Humans cause these atrocities but if you think that your God could be responsible then I can see from standing back why you have gotten yourself into a terrible psychological/spiritual mess. ( your words ).
Old 06-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It's all down to perception and I am 100% certain that Humans cause these atrocities but if you think that your God could be responsible then I can see from standing back why you have gotten yourself into a terrible psychological/spiritual mess. ( your words ).

Yes quite. One possible explanation that I give myself is that if there is only God then these bad things happen to Him. He swallows the pain and moves on. It is like He does these things to Himself which is all part His great plan of creation or a plan of His experience.

God hurting God is not so bad if you understand that He can cope with the badness and turn it into something good in the end.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Master

Quote:
I somehow feel that I am accountable for the wrong in the world. That I have to 'pay' for it. Because I am God. It is irrational I know.
You share accountability for the wrong in the world, not because you are God but because you are human. The first humans brought sin and death into the world because they sinned and as a result all their descendants are spiritually dead and incapable of good. We are responsible for the evil in the world but of ourselves we can do nothing to correct it. In Jesus Christ God became a human so he could undo the evil we have committed. By his crucifixion Jesus shed his blood and so became a sacrifice to atone for our sins. If we acknowledge our sins and put our faith in him ours sins are forgiven and we become channels through whom God can work to reverse the effects of sin.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
You share accountability for the wrong in the world, not because you are God but because you are human. The first humans brought sin and death into the world because they sinned and as a result all their descendants are spiritually dead and incapable of good. We are responsible for the evil in the world but of ourselves we can do nothing to correct it. In Jesus Christ God became a human so he could undo the evil we have committed. By his crucifixion Jesus shed his blood and so became a sacrifice to atone for our sins. If we acknowledge our sins and put our faith in him ours sins are forgiven and we become channels through whom God can work to reverse the effects of sin.

Thank you for your reply.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Master
Quote:

' You share accountability for the wrong in the world '

No Theo I do not share accountability for the wrongdoings of all the world, that is nonsense, mybe you feel you do but it's best not to speak for all.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
I am starting to believe that those people who accept that they are God are very wise and brave. It is an act of courage to accept responsibility for your self. I know that because I am scared of responsibility.

Christians hand over their responsibility to Christ and ask that Christ be responsible for them. Is it not wiser and braver to be responsible oneself? Of course one can still love and surrender to Christ. However now it is a case that "I am God too".

I think it is brave and wise to accept that "I Am God".... however much it scares me.

There is one God, and you like the rest of us are the evolved animal/mammal, evolved in illusory space/time.
We are all in the same boat.

While our true origin may be in God, involving Spirit, you haven't thought about a "fall" much, seems.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 06-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
There is one God, and you like the rest of us are the evolved animal/mammal, evolved in illusory space/time.
We are all in the same boat.

While our true origin may be in God, involving Spirit, you haven't thought about a "fall" much, seems.

You obviously have not been following my posts over the years....

Old 07-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Master
When a child plays with matches and burns down the house, it could be said that the child was not responsible because the child was ignorant in regards to the potential dangers.

In this respect it could be said that the responsibility lies at the parents door and using this same analogy it could be said that the dictators that kill the masses are ignorant to the realization of what they are and what God is (Be it the same).

At a point however the parent lets the child loose in order to learn and grow by their actions and endure their consequences. In the same vein God (personalised) allows his children (dictators) to do the same.

Jesus (supposedly) said Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing in a way where they were ignorant.

This is key but whether there is the suggestion for a case for diminished responsibility through some lack of awareness, or simply what appears to be accidental always has someone to be held accountable whatever the weather.

This is because we are personalising God / what we are and by doing so we are attributing responsibility to the personalisation.

There is also God/Self non personalised that is no-one / thing that can be accountable.

As always it's prudent to understand the nature of the question of whose responsible from this point of understanding.

x daz x
Old 07-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' You share accountability for the wrong in the world '

No Theo I do not share accountability for the wrongdoings of all the world, that is nonsense, mybe you feel you do but it's best not to speak for all.
Perhaps you should listen to what God says. Romans 3:23 says, "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." All of us are guilty of wrongdoing and so share responsibility for what is wrong with the world. All of us also lack the ability to do anything to correct the harm we have caused; we must rely on God to do this.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps you should listen to what God says. Romans 3:23 says, "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." All of us are guilty of wrongdoing and so share responsibility for what is wrong with the world. All of us also lack the ability to do anything to correct the harm we have caused; we must rely on God to do this.

' Perhaps you should listen to what God says '

I do listen Theo but not to whoever wrote the bible, that's the difference.