Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 12-03-2019, 10:51 AM
Experiencer

HINDUISM in NUTSHELL

HINDUISM is misconceived as religion of worship of numerous gods and goddesses, castes and creeds, customs and rituals and superstitions. These are only some of the practices of Hinduism.

In NUTSHELL HINDUISM is i. TRUTH and ii. REINCARNATION.

The main object of Hinduism is to attain immortality or godhood by practicing Truth fullness and becoming virtuous ( like Rama ). In order to do so we have been provided several lifetimes (200 -400) so that we can shed our negative propensities ( like falsehood, lust greed etc.) and get purified.

WE are expected to do GOOD KARMA so that we make our next life/Reincarnation better (less suffering) and all conducive for progress towards our final goal of attaining godhood or immortality. If we fail to do so we perish.

The purpose of worshiping various gods and goddesses is just to imbibe their virtues and remove the obstacle in our progress. Castes and creeds are part of Hindu social order, created for living in peace and harmony. Similarly various customs and rituals are meant to bring auspiciousness, and prosperity so that we can achieve our goal early.

In order to understand the above important fundamental principle we need knowledge that is provided through our vast India Scriptures.

So if you are a Hindu pl do not give confusing answer ( like Shaivat, Lingayat. Vaishana Hindus ) about Hinduism to the inquisitive.
Old 16-03-2019, 10:40 PM
Seems simple.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-03-2019, 02:42 AM
Master
Namaste.

There isn't a one size fits all "Hindu nut" to be able to fit inside the standard "nutshell".

Two years ago, I suffered from a total nervous breakdown after witnessing a stabbing and wound up in a psych ward for 2 months getting "deprogrammed from a violent society" (now I don't care if people kill each other, I will eat popcorn sitting and cheering from the sidelines).

While I was in the "nuthouse", I was visited by a Christian Minister from the Pentecostal Church....I tried that once, but attributed "speaking in tongues" to a phenonenon called glossolalia induced by auto hypnosis.

I was quick to tell the priest that while I believed in God, I was not of his Faith...to wit and which he replied "we accomodate ALL Faiths here....if you like, I can arrange for a Rabbi or an Imam, or even a Buddhist priest to visit you instead of myself...God is all one anyway".

I became slightly chuffed and said " I am Hindu...can you please arrange for a Hindu priest to come visit me?" then, the Christian priest said "I am very sorry, but there are just so many schools of doctrine and philosophy that we just "don't do" Hinduism. It is much easier for us to exclude Hinduism, than it is to offend a Hindu".

This is the general attitude of the West towards Hinduism...and I don't really blame them...not one iota.

So, I look at what links each school of Hindu philosophy together...all SIX schools of Hindu philosophy and there is nothing...absolutely nothing!

Some may say it is the Vedas, so why aren't we worshipping the Devas like Indra, Surya, Agni etc? Why say "my God is higher than a Demi God?" when compared to Brahman, even the CONCEPT of Krishna, Shiva, Durga etc are all STILL Demigods/Demiurges?

So then, I go AHA, it is Brahman...a formless nothing composed of nothing, imperceptible to nobody...how can a priest speak of that beyond parroting the Mahavakyas from the Upanishads? "nobody is stabbing, nobody is getting stabbed, nobody is watching, nobody is in a psych ward and nobody is telling you all this"....if that is the case, why are things happening when nothing is happening? maybe I should go and see a doctor who isn't there to take psych meds which don't exist either to stop me from seeing (hallucinating) acts which are not occurring, perpetuated by non existent people...I can totally see why psych wards don't include Hindu priests on their payroll....Buddhists can get away with it because MINDFULNESS is a big thing now...society has adopted it and there are statues of Buddha EVERYWHERE. Buddhism still has a "figurehead" - Gautama Siddhartha...so if you are a Buddhist, you are cool...if you are a Hindu, people look at you like you just arrived from outer space.

It is difficult to place Hinduism under an umbrella...fit it all neatly into a "nutshell". I still do things like ancestor worship, worshiping physically inanimate objects as aspects of divinity, feeding birds, fish etc ritualistically...there are a lot of practices that have now gone by the wayside...and in the process of "following Dharma" it's like "I'll take whatever applies to me and my ego, but leave the rest for more devout Hindus to follow".

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 26-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Master

Hinduism is not merely a religion. It is a collection and integration of various faiths, cults, religious and even atheistic philosophies, going back to ancient times, even antedeluvian periods. It has prevailed because it is the only remaining religion that has a direct, unbroken link with the spiritually much more advanced pre-Kali-Yuga societies.

The Vedas are valuable not just because of their spiritual content, but because they have preserved the true gods and religion of the Indo-Aryan people who now dominate most continents, especially Europe, the Americas, Australia and South Asia.

But, the big problem I see with most „Western” societies is that they have lost touch with their, true, original spirituality and only the Vedas and whatever is preserved in other texts, such as the Puranas, can lead them back to the true path. I see that most people in the West are spiritually lost and confused and it is precisely because they feel no affinity to the strange and foreign gods and religious concepts that have cut them off from their ancestral spirituality.

Hinduism, and to a lesser extent, Buddhism are the best ways to reconnect with the true spirituality and religion that existed in the worldwide, common civilisation before the Kali Yuga came into effect. That is why they call it Sanatana Dharma, because it is truly timeless and eternal. Hinduism existed thousands of years ago and it will exist thousands of years from now, I’m sure of that. You can’t really say that about any other religions. The three monotheistic faiths are really just pale imitations of the real stuff that existed in the Middle East prior to them taking over.
Old 27-03-2019, 10:14 AM
Experiencer

The Walnut of HINDUISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

There isn't a one size fits all "Hindu nut" to be able to fit inside the standard "nutshell".

Two years ago, I suffered from a total nervous breakdown after witnessing a stabbing and wound up in a psych ward for 2 months getting "deprogrammed from a violent society" (now I don't care if people kill each other, I will eat popcorn sitting and cheering from the sidelines).

While I was in the "nuthouse", I was visited by a Christian Minister from the Pentecostal Church....I tried that once, but attributed "speaking in tongues" to a phenonenon called glossolalia induced by auto hypnosis.

I was quick to tell the priest that while I believed in God, I was not of his Faith...to wit and which he replied "we accomodate ALL Faiths here....if you like, I can arrange for a Rabbi or an Imam, or even a Buddhist priest to visit you instead of myself...God is all one anyway".

I became slightly chuffed and said " I am Hindu...can you please arrange for a Hindu priest to come visit me?" then, the Christian priest said "I am very sorry, but there are just so many schools of doctrine and philosophy that we just "don't do" Hinduism. It is much easier for us to exclude Hinduism, than it is to offend a Hindu".

This is the general attitude of the West towards Hinduism...and I don't really blame them...not one iota.

So, I look at what links each school of Hindu philosophy together...all SIX schools of Hindu philosophy and there is nothing...absolutely nothing!

Some may say it is the Vedas, so why aren't we worshipping the Devas like Indra, Surya, Agni etc? Why say "my God is higher than a Demi God?" when compared to Brahman, even the CONCEPT of Krishna, Shiva, Durga etc are all STILL Demigods/Demiurges?

So then, I go AHA, it is Brahman...a formless nothing composed of nothing, imperceptible to nobody...how can a priest speak of that beyond parroting the Mahavakyas from the Upanishads? "nobody is stabbing, nobody is getting stabbed, nobody is watching, nobody is in a psych ward and nobody is telling you all this"....if that is the case, why are things happening when nothing is happening? maybe I should go and see a doctor who isn't there to take psych meds which don't exist either to stop me from seeing (hallucinating) acts which are not occurring, perpetuated by non existent people...I can totally see why psych wards don't include Hindu priests on their payroll....Buddhists can get away with it because MINDFULNESS is a big thing now...society has adopted it and there are statues of Buddha EVERYWHERE. Buddhism still has a "figurehead" - Gautama Siddhartha...so if you are a Buddhist, you are cool...if you are a Hindu, people look at you like you just arrived from outer space.

It is difficult to place Hinduism under an umbrella...fit it all neatly into a "nutshell". I still do things like ancestor worship, worshiping physically inanimate objects as aspects of divinity, feeding birds, fish etc ritualistically...there are a lot of practices that have now gone by the wayside...and in the process of "following Dharma" it's like "I'll take whatever applies to me and my ego, but leave the rest for more devout Hindus to follow".

Aum Namah Shivaya

Let us fit The six so called schools of orthodox Indian Hindu philosophy—Nyaya, Vaisheshika, Samkhya, Yoga, Mīmāṃsā and Vedanta, into a Scientific Hindu NUT.

Until the advent of Nuclear Era, Hindus were unable to understand Purans that describe the scientifically valid origins of life , matter and universe, God and spirituality etc. The learned Pundits who received patronage from Royals had to debate and explain all these in a literary language. So their explanation differed. Without providing any evidence or example their rhetoric was just a Bla Bla Bla... that confused Hindus.

But this Sat Darshan or Shell has been busted and has no relevance now. Now WE know the Fundamental Principle of Hinduism ( Truth and Reincarnation ) that is real meat of the walnut.

Like Shivani I too was destined to witness a cold blooded murder on a deserted street. However Nature staggered this Karmic event of mine into three different places and time line. While I saw the event taking place in a crowded Place in 2007 at Puri , I faced Police Investigation in 1989 at Delhi and saw the pool of blood in 1979 at Assam. The Karma passed without causing any harm.

Thus I was benefited by the Scientific Knowledge of Hinduism.
Old 17-04-2019, 03:58 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

So then, I go AHA, it is Brahman...a formless nothing composed of nothing, imperceptible to nobody...
"nobody is stabbing, nobody is getting stabbed, nobody is watching, nobody is in a psych ward and
nobody is telling you all this"....if that is the case, why are things happening when nothing is happening?
maybe I should go and see a doctor who isn't there to take psych meds which don't exist either to stop me
from seeing (hallucinating) acts which are not occurring, perpetuated by non existent people...
I can totally see why psych wards don't include Hindu priests on their payroll....
OMG! This is the funniest paragraph you have ever written!!!!!! LOL..

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-04-2019, 04:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
OMG! This is the funniest paragraph you have ever written!!!!!! LOL..
Yeah..with hindsight, I can see the humorously sad irony of an Advaita Vedantin suffering a psychotic break.

A similar thing happened when I read Hamlet's soliloqy.