Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 08-03-2019, 11:26 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
But why is that necessarily so? Are those options just another statement of the same duality? Why would God necessarily be subject to those limits? God may be responsible for all that is, but that does not make IT limited to merely being everything either. My reason for saying that is that that too is a limitation. Why is there not a reality that is deeper?

I assume your reffering to this part.
Quote:
I like to think God either IS or He isn't or God is either everything or He is nothing.
So I believe God IS everything.
This is just a quote I picked up back in the 80s. But your right it is limiting.

My mind don't comprehend all that God is.And I don't try to limit God.
Words however are limiting for myself,when trying to explain my opinions of God.

God IS that God IS.

That's the best I can do with words but it sound like I'm trying to be extra spiritual.

^^

Peace shabda
Old 08-03-2019, 11:57 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
It might be hard to say since that is your own experience, but it is likely that it is a higher aspect of yourself. Not necessarily the Soul, but perhaps a higher level than you are used to using. Obviously we all use our emotions and mental aspects regularly, but it may not occur to many that these are in and of themselves, NON-physical, indicating existence on higher planes simultaneously.

The various aspects of mind also have planes or levels. The way that I personally break up the plane structure, I divide the mental realms into 2 separate planes, one is basically memory, the lowest area of mind, then the Mental Plane which has at the higher areas of it the subconscious which is the deepest area of the mind and mental action. It is also the final step before accessing the actual Soul which is non-dual.

I say all of this not so much to tell you what that was, but more to give you ideas to consider about it so that perhaps you can look at it yourself and determine what that was. It could just as easily be the Soul, the real you peeking down to make Itself known to you, your lower awareness. Because the way that spirituality works overall, seems to be that it is absolutely necessary that the Soul which is divine and eternal already, do the work to experience everything from the worm's eye view (meaning the lowest state possible) all the way up to the point where It becomes aware again of what It truly is.

It makes no difference which religious path or spiritual system one chooses and uses, because they all have the same goal. Being that the individual Soul is truly the utmost of an individual possible, no two are exactly alike. They ARE alike in that they are made of the same ingredient so to speak, but they are also very individual. No two have the exact same likes and dislikes, or preferences. That means that each Soul will take Its own individual way to gaining the experience of self realization.

I tend towards Omnism personally, the ides that all religions are right, or at least partially right, which is to say that NONE are actually 100% correct, simply because they exist in the lower planes where nothing remains pure and unadulterated. Religious folks still war against other religions because they mistakenly believe that theirs is the only correct way, but mystics throughout the ages have proven that wrong. If one way were "right," then all Saints would use only that, yet they exist in every religion.

My point is that everyone ought to take the way that works for them, and even if that way is different than that of another, that is fine. Not a reason to argue and fight because those that achieve any of the various states of "Heaven" ALL say the exact same things about it. I think that that point is one of the most telling concerning the various religions etc.

It is hard for everyone to do it, otherwise Saints would be so numerous that no one would care to be one because the idea would be boring lol. I know that I am sort of all over the place in this response, but it is just meant to hopefully give you some assistance in deciphering who or what you noticed looking. I suspect that it was you, but it could just as easily be someone or thing else too.

Perhaps you could write down everything that you remember about the experience to see if any of those things suggest anything further. If not, that is fine, but you could perhaps contemplate on it by which I mean meditate with the intent of learning more about that specific experience. You might see, hear or feel any number of things. If you do, write those down and add them to the developing list. That is the best suggestion that I have to enable you to find out more about it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I've seen description of Krishna and i think He describes Himself in Gita (for Gita I am not sure) , that He is "the silent witness, situated in the hearts of all living beings". It fits that description. But I am just an ordinary sinner, so to say, I don't think at that time God would reveal somehow to me. Just doesn't feel real to be.
Old 13-04-2019, 01:07 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
First of all, I do believe in God, but why is he letting us down by letting evil things happen? I just don't get it?

God is not a person like you and me with human failings. God is perfect, complete, and whole. God lacks nothing and desires nothing. God did not create the Universe out of some desire or need. God created the Universe out of an overflowing abundance of energy.

However, since the Universe is not God and you and I are not God the Universe and all the people in it are created with imperfections. These imperfections in our characters and the imperfections in the way nature is chaotic are the causes for all the evil in the world.

God is ultimately responsible for everything in His creation. However, in order to be able to appreciate all of God's numerous blessings flowing all around us we must first not judge God, nature, other people, and ourselves because of our imperfections. It's only when we have absolute reverence for God, nature, other people, and ourselves then we become open to being able to appreciate all of God's blessings flowing all around us.

When you blame God for your own imperfections, or the evil coming from other people because of their imperfections, then you are really judging God. In order to achieve the greatest possible faith in God you have to be able to accept all the imperfections exactly the way they exist.

Ultimately, to get what you want you have to want what you have.
Old 13-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
First of all, I do believe in God, but why is he letting us down by letting evil things happen? I just don't get it?

BlakeGood88,

I am late to this topic and in going back over the responses I was surprised to see little emphasis on free will. Anyone should ask themselves if they have ever done anything that was wrong or that they regretted in any way. What made this errant course of action possible? It was because they exercised their free will and made that choice. Why then does God give man free will if it leads to so much evil and so many problems? Perhaps it is because it is said that 'Ye are gods'. One cannot be a god if he/she does not have the attributes of God. Therefore mankind has been given free will so that they can realize their godhood. People complain about God yet God has given us freedom via free will.
Old 13-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Suspended
mmmmm stuff to think about:

OSHO: My God! There Is No God!
OSHO: God Is Not a Solution - but a Problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pp5mWs8k5I

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...osho+about+god

Blessings.
Old 13-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Suspended
Does God Exist? - Sadhguru
What is God? - Sadhguru

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...guru+about+god

Peace
Old 06-06-2019, 12:06 AM
Master
Go watch "The Matrix" again. If you've seen it at all.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 06-06-2019, 08:47 AM
Pathfinder
I think this is is often repetitive question, why GOD allows all the horrors that are going on, have going on,..From my point of view, because we have distorted view of the world. In the sense that we do not feel responsible for the world as it is, but often projecting blame on something or someone else, when it comes to understand the world as a whole, and GOD is usually the final destination to blame. I think it's in the core of our problems and development as a human race, that we start to realize that there gives no isolated existence and actions. Unlike like our current popular belief, where we are just irrelevant small figures in the giant wheel, in my opinion is exact the opposite true, that every soul is invaluable, each of our thoughts, all our feelings, wishes, desires, fears,..everything is priceless and extremely important, since at the end of the day,..they are creating our world in which we live in as culture, society,...and instead of this insanity of me, myself and I we should shift to a much bigger perspective.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
I think this is is often repetitive question, why GOD allows all the horrors that are going on, have going on,..From my point of view, because we have distorted view of the world. In the sense that we do not feel responsible for the world as it is, but often projecting blame on something or someone else, when it comes to understand the world as a whole, and GOD is usually the final destination to blame. I think it's in the core of our problems and development as a human race, that we start to realize that there gives no isolated existence and actions. Unlike like our current popular belief, where we are just irrelevant small figures in the giant wheel, in my opinion is exact the opposite true, that every soul is invaluable, each of our thoughts, all our feelings, wishes, desires, fears,..everything is priceless and extremely important, since at the end of the day,..they are creating our world in which we live in as culture, society,...and instead of this insanity of me, myself and I we should shift to a much bigger perspective.
Good post...welcome here, btw.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Good post...welcome here, btw.

Thank you :)