Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-03-2019, 04:05 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello invalan.

I think a fear of loving may at times seek refuge behind the assumption of knowing.

petex

Do you think we are scared to love, petex, and if so why?

the alternative to knowing, in your mind, would that be not knowing?

Love

JL
Old 02-03-2019, 12:10 PM
Ascender

Hello janielee, and thanks☺.

I think that being fearful of expressing love is one cause among others which may hold any of us back from doing so.

Some of these causes, not all, I think share what could be seen as a common base. For want of better words something like "a perception of personal vulnerability". That vulnerability could itself be experienced as the result of a number of different causes, different circumstances, in the presence of different people with different ground rules etc.

Painting an authentic picture of what some of these causes are could be best achieved by asking we who read here to contribute brush strokes from our own and varying life stories--if we wish to.

If none of us feel comfortable doing so then I will certainly try to become second substitute and offer what thoughts I am able.

As for "knowing"--I have also pondered on this subject particularly in the last few days.

I was struck by this thought which seems to me to possibly offer a perception of value.

That though connected, thinking is quite different to knowing. The difference came to mind as a picture of "thinking" constantly writing in a book, which "knowing" wants to close and possess.

I realise that this does not go far toward answering your question janielee, but perhaps it is a step--and perhaps sideways as well as forward.

petex

Last edited by weareunity : 02-03-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

The asking if first preceded by directly exploring & seeking has worth ... else idle curiosity, idle mirth.

Hi Unseeking Seeker,

Was going through the thread here and came back to this.

What thoughts it brings to me is that there is desire or feeling drawn to explore and then there is just musing with the possibility without a need or desire to go further.

Which bring the question when is it knowing and when is just pondering/musing?
I suppose may depend upon what one experiences.

For me see it at present that without some sort of believing in it, there may be no interest or understanding.

There is the pointing at "letting go" of what is thought to be. That what is thought is not the complete picture. Then again what is being experienced right before ones observance?

This to me creates a couriosity within to further explore and hopefully gain further understanding.

But, the interest and awareness of what is being sought has to be present. May not know exactly what it is, but can gain further insight and understanding through being open to what life may bring, IMO.

Besides I am, at times, a courious fellow. Life can bring so much in its subtle ways. Yes, sometimes it is just " idle mirth". The trick is to know the difference.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:30 PM
janielee

Quote:
Hello janielee, and thanks☺.

I think that being fearful of expressing love is one cause among others which may hold any of us back from doing so.

Some of these causes, not all, I think share what could be seen as a common base. For want of better words something like "a perception of personal vulnerability". That vulnerability could itself be experienced as the result of a number of different causes, different circumstances, in the presence of different people with different ground rules etc.

Painting an authentic picture of what some of these causes are could be best achieved by asking we who read here to contribute brush strokes from our own and varying life stories--if we wish to.

Yes true.

Quote:

As for "knowing"--I have also pondered on this subject particularly in the last few days.

I was struck by this thought which seems to me to possibly offer a perception of value.

That though connected, thinking is quite different to knowing. The difference came to mind as a picture of "thinking" constantly writing in a book, which "knowing" wants to close and possess.

I realise that this does not go far toward answering your question janielee, but perhaps it is a step--and perhaps sideways as well as forward.

petex

Not far enough? Wow! It's wonderful. Thank you so much petex!

Not knowing - and yet using thinking... Hm

I had never seen it that way but had in a roundabout manner, considered this recently.

But this hits the nail on the head, on a question I had not properly formed.

Knowing is not the same as thinking.

And not knowing does not exempt the use of thoughts.

I may have misread it all but just want to say thanks very much anyway.

Love your presence here on this forum - you, iamthat, Bartholomew, and on and on, so many amazing participants.

JL
Old 02-03-2019, 07:30 PM
janielee

PS To my mind - knowing has already closed the chapter.