Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
So again, sin is more than an act, or acts. Human nature is something which is fallen, in contrast to the angelic and divine.
The Holiness of God, Who is Spirit.

But, again? The daily news evidences the sinfulness of humanity, alone, regarding acts and behavior.

If you prefer subjectivity to objectivity, your choice.

Human nature hasn't changed that much considering the violence committed in biblical times, the OT full of violence, rape, slavery, murder etc:.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Human nature hasn't changed that much considering the violence committed in biblical times, the OT full of violence, rape, slavery, murder etc:.

The trouble is, when you believe human nature is fallen you accept the evil in the world as natural and there is no motivation to try and improve it. Since when do we hear Christians saying that being Christian stands for peace, doing good and simple living which is all the world needs to make it a better place
Old 13-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Exactly sky. Evidencing the truth of what scripture tells us!
All of our modern technology and "progress", hasn't changed our essential dilemna!

Human nature.

Jesus Christ - "You need to be born again".
Which involves acknowledgement of sin, and repentance.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-03-2019, 04:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Exactly sky. Evidencing the truth of what scripture tells us!
All of our modern technology and "progress", hasn't changed our essential dilemna!

Human nature.

Jesus Christ - "You need to be born again".
Which involves acknowledgement of sin, and repentance.

I don't sin so no need for repentance
Old 13-03-2019, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
The trouble is, when you believe human nature is fallen you accept the evil in the world as natural and there is no motivation to try and improve it. Since when do we hear Christians saying that being Christian stands for peace, doing good and simple living which is all the world needs to make it a better place

Improve the world? It is what it is, D.M.

Jesus spoke about being "Light" in the world. In the darkness.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Yes?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-03-2019, 11:17 PM
Master

If the mission of Jesus was to end the world's darkness, then since you say the world continues to be darkness and can't improve - then he can't succeed in his mission
If it is true the world is truly dark and Jesus dropped down into it, the moment he left it would swallow up any trace of his presence if it could. So how do we even know the church is on his side or not, since it ended up the state religion of Rome. Something is fishy here
I do believe in Jesus but i dont trust the official version of the story that much. I think he really wanted to transform the world into a good place
Old 13-03-2019, 11:22 PM
Gracey

Those whose hearts hold no guilt would see the face of God???

When my eldest son was a little one, I prayed for him after looking at a photograph of him and sensed something. The next day, he said that God came to him, announced himself as God and told him not to be afraid and gave him a personal message. He said God looked like a child, he saw his face. I suppose he saw God that way because he was a child. He didn't know I prayed for him. I never told him either. So, innocence would see the face of God????
Old 14-03-2019, 07:00 AM
Master
D.M., we have the prophesies, which don't have "the world" end up transformed.

But think about what believers have done in the world.
Think about the hymns which have been written, the hope communicated.
What Christians have inspired and accomplished because of faith.

Old 14-03-2019, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Those whose hearts hold no guilt would see the face of God???

When my eldest son was a little one, I prayed for him after looking at a photograph of him and sensed something. The next day, he said that God came to him, announced himself as God and told him not to be afraid and gave him a personal message. He said God looked like a child, he saw his face. I suppose he saw God that way because he was a child. He didn't know I prayed for him. I never told him either. So, innocence would see the face of God????

Wow! Cool story Gracey! Thank you.

Old 14-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Master

Quote:
D.M., we have the prophesies, which don't have "the world" end up transformed.

But think about what believers have done in the world.
Think about the hymns which have been written, the hope communicated.
What Christians have inspired and accomplished because of faith.

Yes I'm glad to agree on your 2nd point. The good things done from having a faith are rarely heard of only the bad things. I know people who's lives been saved from drugs and death by this faith.

But the 1st point is debatable. There's some prophecies that put it one way some another