Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 04-05-2019, 11:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little.nation
Science is another word for knowledge.

See, here's the problem: we're not even talking about the same thing. You're talking about a particular usage of the word science, and I'm talking about the enterprise of science. You're talking about "knowledge", and I'm talking about a "systematic way of gaining and organizing knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions". You know, empiricism.

Quote:
Certainly, there is plenty to be known and tested and measured if you had two people, one with a holy cross and one with an upside down cross, as subjects in a study.

I would hope that you use more than two people, because there is very little you can conclude from an experiment with a sample size of two.

What's stopping you or anyone else from testing this, if it is so easy? Oh wait, people have doing things like this for ages and it hasn't really amounted to anything. You can claim these things are testable, but until you can go out and measure it in a repeatable manner, you can't claim that there is any empirical evidence to support your claims.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:22 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Hi ketzer,
Thanks for the reply.

I mostly agree with you except the part of life being an illusion, it's not like I came here I procreate have a child and he or she is an illusion, or someone blowing up the Planet with nukes, I referred to death as an illusion because it might be so, if life doesen't stop, only if there is for sure a non-material/non-physical medium out there, and consciousness does not depend just on the brain. Can we be sure of that?

I think I didn't made myself understood sorry for that. What I meant was: Will grandma really be grandma and not grandma just created by me in my own reality? I know this is a bit puzzling as now I perceive grandma by my own consciousness but I mean grandma being grandma with her free will not an imaginary one created just by my mind, because my current mind is perceiving grandma in a way, but she is alive and has her free will of her own. She is not created just by me, as being my puppet or as a creation in a dream.

If the Universe is just physical/material and life depends just on the brain as it would be the creator of consciousness, we might end up in void, "like before being born" I guess, despite whatever we believe and think, what do you say?

Will grandma after death really be herself as she is now and recognize me? Not just my entire creation as a puppet in my reality?
Yes she is perceived by me in a way so I create my reality but we coexist, our realities intersect, does this continue after death or it's just our own reality created just by us? It's not like I created her now as a puppet, I interpret her actions at the moment

Does this coexistence of realities survive death? How can we meet other people after death? Just thinking of them? Will we have memories of them as well?

I don’t use the word illusion to imply that life is not real, only that it is more than what it appears to be. Our physical experience of life (including spacetime and matter) emerges within our own consciousness as we interpret/render information from a non-physical medium (the unified quantum field..which is not a “physical” field). The physical universe does not exist as something “physical” until it is “observed”, up until then it only exists as a mathematical potentiality, a probability distribution of what might be. It is you who decides which of the infinite potentialities of experiences contained in the information of the field that you will experience as your present moment reality. Life is a process of reading that information, extracting what you wish, and creating a virtual reality, something like an advanced online video game. The characters (egos) live and die in the simulation, but the players (souls) go on to become new characters or play other games. Although I suppose we can’t be “sure” of that or anything else either. Uncertainty is a principal build into the very foundations of the game.

I believe that our coexistence is a universal reality that is eternally present, it is only a question of whether or not our awareness is expanded enough to realize this, or contracted to focus on the experience at hand (life as a human individual in this case). Everything that exists in our experience arises within our consciousness, but we are also focal points of individualized awareness in a greater universal consciousness from which we are never truly separated. All is one. You and grandma are never truly separated, you are currently limiting what you are aware of, and focusing your consciousness to have the direct and personal experience of life as an individual in this shared co-created reality. When you are finished with this experience, you can expand your awareness to realize you are much more. Whether you and grandma interact as grandma and grandchild beyond the limitations of this life experience, or in some other way, is up to the both of you. Regardless, you, grandma, and me, and everything else are all eternally united in a larger unlimited universal consciousness that encompasses everything that is, was, or ever will be. What of this we hold in our awareness at any given moment (as a present reality or as a memory) is up to us.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:32 PM
Master

after life meeting

Quote:
I agree that memories from past lifetimes are supressed for the individual in order to focus on the current life.

I mean, both individuals being dead, and wanting to meet as spirits prior reincarnating, isn't that possible?

Within the spiritual realm of God with infinite possibility any thing can happen and what u said may also happen . But frankly i have not experienced anything of that sort.

I believe spirituality has more to do with present life also rather than after life (like connect with others , visualize patterns out of seemingly meaningless stuff , empathise with others , understand your strength / weakness , trying to improve the performance of others in the team , cultivate hopeful , positive and yet very active ethical life (even materially) .I can go on and list may be endless . Scriptures say if turn all the water of sea as ink in ink pen and write the possibilities and praise of God , the water of all sea also may not be sufficient. I personally feel extremely materialist person just can not do all this on a long term sustainable basis all of these.
Old 23-05-2019, 07:41 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I agree that memories from past lifetimes are supressed for the individual in order to focus on the current life.

I mean, both individuals being dead, and wanting to meet as spirits prior reincarnating, isn't that possible?

Suppressed? Who is doing the suppressing and how do they do this?
Is it just memories of past lives or also memories from the past of this life that we suppress... or if not suppress, then rewrite?

Science points our that what we call memories are not "records" of past events, but rather present recreations, re-imaginations of what happened. Each time we re-imagine them, the way we create them changes a bit more, becoming less fact and more fiction. Like a picture that has faded with time, we have to improvise and draw in the illegible parts. It is the newly created story that becomes the slowly fading basis for the next time we have to re-imagine those events. Heck, with the right techniques, we can even trick people into adopting entirely made up events into memories of their own past. We may suppress some memories, but we may also spin others out of whole cloth. Is that really my grandma, or did I just convince myself it is, as a have really been wanting to see here again. At first I was not sure, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like grandma.