Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 08-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Experiencer

Found in Vedas

I have been googling everyday for info on a Hindu God named Taraswati. I found this today:

l, 7 - 8 Rig. Veda Samhita.

7* I am minded to adore you two sages, the minis*
trants at sacrifices of men, from whom wealth is de-
rived : when the worship is being celebrated, convey
our offspring aloft, and acquire (for our use) the pre-
cious (treasures preserved) amongst the gods.

8 Mav BhArati, associated with the Bhftralis ; Hi
with gods and men ; and Agni* and 'taraswati with

This is all I can find on Taraswati a mere mention of a God standing next to Agni. I have the book "The Vedas the Samhitas of the Rig, Yajur (White and Black), Sama, and Atharva Vedas" But I do not know how to locate this passage the organization is weird.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:52 AM
Experiencer

In case you didnt know beforehand I had a dream that I was an obscure Hindu God. I've been looking to see any evidence of there being a God named Taraswati or Teraswati
Old 10-02-2019, 02:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
In case you didnt know beforehand I had a dream that I was an obscure Hindu God. I've been looking to see any evidence of there being a God named Taraswati or Teraswati
Namaste.

I do remember you mentioning something about it before, but I have never heard anything about it and don't recall reading about it before you mentioned it.

It is nice that you found a reference to it, but I am not familiar with this reference.

Maybe somebody who knows more than I do will be able to help you with it.

Aum Namah Shivaya.
Old 28-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Knower
It's a mis-transliteration of Sarasvati. I can't yet post images or links, but if you Google I am minded to adore you two sages exactly as is, it will bring up a Google Books page with the verses.

This is Sarasvatī in devanagari रस्वती
This is Taraswatī रस्वती

Edit to add:

If I read it correctly, this is RV 7.2.7, Mandala (book) 7, Hymn 2, Verse 7.