Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 01-01-2020, 10:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
If anyone has Netflix there is an Indian tv show from 2014-2015 called Dharmakshetra. It is a fantasy; it’s not canon inasmuch as this court never happened. It’s about all the characters facing Lord Chitragupta in his court (his dharmakshetra assembly) to accuse, defend, exonerate, account for, all their deeds before, during and after the war. Lots of finger pointing. Obviously they’re all dead and in the afterlife. But they are recounting the real war. I’m almost finished with it, 24-26 episodes I’ve been binge watching.
I don't have Netflix, it sounds like a great series to watch anyway. Last Indian series I saw was Devon ke Dev Mahadev and I have seen the shorts for Dharmakshetra...it does look interesting..

Such a tangled web of tales running through the Mahabharata...that is what makes it so readable.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 01-01-2020, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
If anyone has Netflix there is an Indian tv show from 2014-2015 called Dharmakshetra. It is a fantasy; it’s not canon inasmuch as this court never happened. It’s about all the characters facing Lord Chitragupta in his court (his dharmakshetra assembly) to accuse, defend, exonerate, account for, all their deeds before, during and after the war. Lots of finger pointing. Obviously they’re all dead and in the afterlife. But they are recounting the real war. I’m almost finished with it, 24-26 episodes I’ve been binge watching.
Also, I was just recalling where I learned all this....after considering the fact I am not doing too badly for a Shaiva recounting Vaishnava doctrine.

When I was growing up, we did not have Netflix or even TV for that matter...I mean, rich people had TV, but this was way before any devotional offerings from Bollywood made it onto the small screen.

I remember I saw the film Sanyasi when it first came out in Malaysia..I loved the soundtrack...Lata Mangeshkar is awesome...but I am digressing.

Where I learned the whole thing was from watching shadow puppet plays in the villages of Bali, Indonesia....I also used to go and binge watch these...known as the Wayang Kulit.

Traditional storytelling at its finest.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:16 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I don't have Netflix, it sounds like a great series to watch anyway. Last Indian series I saw was Devon ke Dev Mahadev and I have seen the shorts for Dharmakshetra...it does look interesting..

Such a tangled web of tales running through the Mahabharata...that is what makes it so readable.

Aum Namah Shivaya

I just started Ramayan on Netflix. I'd like to see Devon Ke Dev Mahadev too.
Old 14-01-2020, 07:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The first English translation of the Bhagavad Gita by Charles Wilkins spelled it as

BHӐGVӐT - GĒĒTᾹ

with a solid line above the two E's.

My question is what is the proper spelling of the name for this document?

The first chapter and verse reads in Sanskrit as:

धृतराष्ट्र उवाच |
धर्मक्षेत्रे कुरुक्षेत्रे समवेता युयुत्सवः |
मामकाः पाण्डवाश्चैव किमकुर्वत सञ्जय ||1||

Why are there different translations of this verse?

In the next few days, I will becoming out with more information on this subject.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 25-02-2020, 11:14 AM
Master
It is a good thing I decided not to hold my breath isn't it?

I cannot take it anymore.

There is a lot of evil and darkness on this whole forum...it has been compromised and infiltrated by negative energy parasites looking to get their hooks into me...I am really understanding what is going on now and I pray for the Light and ask for protection against this and also send up a prayer for those poor lost and trapped souls caught in the middle.
Old 25-02-2020, 11:31 AM
Master

Quote:
It is a good thing I decided not to hold my breath isn't it?

I cannot take it anymore.

There is a lot of evil and darkness on this whole forum...it has been compromised and infiltrated by negative energy parasites looking to get their hooks into me...I am really understanding what is going on now and I pray for the Light and ask for protection against this and also send up a prayer for those poor lost and trapped souls caught in the middle.

Hmmm???

What makes you say that?

I haven't really noticed it, though to be fair, my participation these days is minimal. There are rarely any topics or discussions that hold my interest any more.
Old 25-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Hmmm???

What makes you say that?

I haven't really noticed it, though to be fair, my participation these days is minimal. There are rarely any topics or discussions that hold my interest any more.

Oh you know, just more of the usual "belief bashing" and changing the subject whenever "God" is mentioned and pretending not to understand anything just to avoid discussion on a forum designed for that purpose and promising to reveal sources to give further information which never happens and suspending the only member who could lift my spirits through showing kindness...and those who want me to teach them Hinduism without using any Indian words (even if a translation is given) because they say they are "Western and not Indian" but for others, they say that calling another "Western" is being racist, but it isn't racist if people refer to themselves as being "Western"....and then we have those who type during periods of "blackout" and when I quote them directly, they go "I didn't write that...you must be seeing things" even if the quote is taken directly from a post they made which has their name on it.. they will swear they didn't write it.

All of this leads me to believe that there are demonic entities involved and I should be petitioning the the Archangels and surrounding myself with white light before I log on now.

Yeah, there aren't any topics I am interested in replying to either and I am also aware that even if I were to contribute, it would just fly over everyone's head like it usually does. People just ask questions they don't want to get any answers to..."cannot understand one word I use in reply, so therefore you cannot understand anything I have to say forevermore?"

https://lmgtfy.com/

Yep, it's like that.
Old 25-02-2020, 12:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Oh you know, just more of the usual "belief bashing" and changing the subject whenever "God" is mentioned and pretending not to understand anything to avoid discussion on a forum created for that purpose and promising to reveal sources of to give further information which never happens and suspending the only member who would lift my spirits through showing kindness to those who want me to teach them Hinduism without using any Indian words (even if a translation is given) because they say they are "Western not Indian" but for others, saying that calling another "Western" is being racist, but it isn't racist if people refer to themselves as being "Western"..and then we have those who type during periods of "blackout" and when I quote them directly, they go "I didn't write that...you are seeing things" even if the quote is taken directly from a post they made which has their name on it.. they will swear they didn't write it...

All of this leads me to believe that there are demonic entities involved and I should be petitioning the the Archangels and surrounding myself with white light before I log on now.

Well yes, it's the Kali Yuga, most people are demonic and enveloped in spiritual darkness, but then you already knew that, so why act so surprised?

As for the person you are referring to, he made some pretty pointed comments, even attacked people on the Coronavirus thread, that is probably why he was suspended. I guess it is possible he will be re-suspended eventually, but better ask the mods about that.

I share your pain about people's general inability or unwillingness to share or even see the theistic perspective, God has pretty much become a swearword in our Atheistic society, and when it is mentioned, it is in the context of some sort of fundamentalistic belief system.

Also, some people might be possessed or may be suffering from some variation of dissociation (DID) or Psychosis, so the phenomena you describe above is not terribly surprising. Like I said, it is pretty clear to me that some people, especially here, are either demonically possessed or mentally ill in some way.

Spirituality seems to attract people like that in general. Unfortunately that is simply the hallmark of the dark age we live in, but I see signs that this may be coming to an end and in the meanwhile, those of us who can, must provide light and guidance to those that are suffering in darkness. Even a few simple, soothing words and just showing kindness and compassion can provide relief and in some cases, help lift them from the mud and into the light.
Old 25-02-2020, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Well yes, it's the Kali Yuga, most people are demonic and enveloped in spiritual darkness, but then you already knew that, so why act so surprised?

As for the person you are referring to, he made some pretty pointed comments, even attacked people on the Coronavirus thread, that is probably why he was suspended. I guess it is possible he will be re-suspended eventually, but better ask the mods about that.

I share your pain about people's general inability or unwillingness to share or even see the theistic perspective, God has pretty much become a swearword in our Atheistic society, and when it is mentioned, it is in the context of some sort of fundamentalistic belief system.

Also, some people might be possessed or may be suffering from some variation of dissociation (DID) or Psychosis, so the phenomena you describe above is not terribly surprising. Like I said, it is pretty clear to me that some people, especially here, are either demonically possessed or mentally ill in some way.

Spirituality seems to attract people like that in general. Unfortunately that is simply the hallmark of the dark age we live in, but I see signs that this may be coming to an end and in the meanwhile, those of us who can, must provide light and guidance to those that are suffering in darkness. Even a few simple, soothing words and just showing kindness and compassion can provide relief and in some cases, help lift them from the mud and into the light.
I just don't have the strength to provide Light and Guidance anymore...I am spiritually "burnt out" having to battle the forces of darkness day in and day out...if God wants it done, why doesn't God do it himself and give the poor Messengers a break? I just feel like I didn't sign up for this when I signed up..even knowing it is Kali Yuga and all that...but I am in full agreement with you, Spirituality tends to attract these types of mentally unstable people which is why it is ridiculed by the mainstream...and whatever baby is in the bathwater just gets tossed out as well...I need to do Vipassana and learn to be the embodiment of "eff the world" for those times when patience and compassion for the idiocy and lunacy is in short supply.

I still miss Janielee...she was so loving and kind to me...I wish her well and thank her for being a positive influence in my life...only underdogs can appreciate underdogs..
Old 25-02-2020, 01:48 PM
Master

Quote:
I just don't have the strength to provide Light and Guidance anymore...I am spiritually "burnt out" having to battle the forces of darkness day in and day out...if God wants it done, why doesn't God do it himself and give the poor Messengers a break? I just feel like I didn't sign up for this when I signed up..even knowing it is Kali Yuga and all that...but I am in full agreement with you, Spirituality tends to attract these types of mentally unstable people which is why it is ridiculed by the mainstream...and whatever baby is in the bathwater just gets tossed out as well...I need to do Vipassana and learn to be the embodiment of "eff the world" for those times when patience and compassion for the idiocy and lunacy is in short supply.

It is an interesting question, but it seems to me that God doesn't necessarily have the ability to directly intervene in the lower realms. Puts a damper on any talk of omnipotence, but I believe it to be true. That is why God(s) need intermediaries or in extreme cases, avatars. Why would they need to incarnate in a human(oid) body, if they could intervene directly?

There are probably natural laws (physical ones) that stop higher dimensional beings from directly intervening in lower dimensions.

Quote:
I still miss Janielee...she was so loving and kind to me...I wish her well and thank her for being a positive influence in my life...only underdogs can appreciate underdogs..

I thought she was a he? These forum pseudonyms are confusing...