Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 10-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Actual Results Thread

I have been studying this subject for a while and there seems to be tons of information about the theory of it but I despair at finding any actual results.

I wonder if there are any books written with actual real life experiments on this subject ,if not then someone needs to write such a book.

This would serve as inspiration to the rest of us when we don't see immediate results.

I kept a notebook with actual results for many years on Law of Attraction results but many of these things were accidental manifestations.
There were maybe 50 things I wrote down over time ,things that I would have forgotton about had I not kept notes.
This is a vital,very important subject and a big part of our spiritual growth so why not do a proper scientific evaluation of it?

Actual results would include ...........

1. How many days did you do the affirmation for?

2. How much time total did you spend saying it?

3. How much time elapsed until you got the result?

4. How close was it to what you originally planned?

5. How much did you feel it rather than just think it?

It's good to talk to others that are on this journey : )

Mark
Old 10-04-2019, 05:18 PM
Lorelyen

Crikey! It isn't a bureaucratic procedure. People get results if they affirm properly. Affirmations must be practical and anything negative or denying has to be avoided - including going around looking for results. Just note them when they happened.

You don't need a book to understand and perform affirmations. The requirements can be written on a single sheet of paper. The fact that a lot of people have made a lot of money selling books promising everything under the sun - and in the process obscured the simplicity doesn't guarantee any result. Be practical, keep affirmations simple - a single objective - repeat it often. Don't attach anything negative or from the past, the situation you're trying to escape.

I have many success stories. I never expect differently. Affirmations in themselves are not a spiritual journey, just a technique to improve your lot.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:36 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by markinsydney
I have been studying this subject
Mark
Your list was good. I'm sorry I don't have time ....and
I have spoken so so much about my methods, the results...
even how long things can take...or not time at all....search my posts if you'd like ...

it's hard to always repeat and repeat, ya know?
Gee, I have been using the power within to create since '75, really got more into it in '85...and continued on...
way way too many stories.
Good luck

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Ascender
Properly? All you have to is like or dislike something...all attention to it will attract it period!
Old 12-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Ascender
Properly? All you have to is like or dislike something...all attention to it will attract it period!
Old 13-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit

Now, that IS a key..along with being happy, cuz it's on it's way, so feel the feeling, the confidence of having it come about.
I was happy and smiling every day for 2 years because I Knew God (that is how I personally think),
my Father, was going to completely take care of my mortgage that was so high
and, I, being self employed, was so effected by the down turn for years in the economy...but I never wavered in my confidence;

I never complained or worried ...and Voila, one day a friend that got an overwhelmingly unexpected inheritance
just up and gave me $100,000 to pay it off, no strings.

The thing is this, tho, was I even surprised? Nope. I did laugh a bit...
"What took you so long, Lord? But, thanks."
I was very grateful.

(Btw, my many friends thought I was nuts not to figure out a way to refinance and one offered me to live in a duplex of theirs
and manage it for free...giving them just what I got from selling my place...building me a fence for my doggies...
might have been only $30k at that time, living rent free forever...I said, 'Nope...it's all gonna work out.'

They knew my biz had dropped....but I never complained.)
If I sold today I'd get over $200,000 clear.)

Another funny thing is that is not the most wonderful thing LOA or God,
the Universe, the Power of the Mind has made come about...!...
WAY more incredible things than that...seemingly i-m-p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e...magical things have happened ...
when I flash on them it is staggeringly awesome.

So you have focus, no doubt, being happy in the feeling of 'the thing'...a little patience...and consistency of all those;
no wavering in confidence and faith.

For those that are open to something John said in his first letter 5:14, ha! I have it memorized:
This is the confidence we have when approaching God:
that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us -
whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him.

Period.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-04-2019, 02:49 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by markinsydney
I have been studying this subject for a while and there seems to be tons of information about the theory of it but I despair at finding any actual results.

I wonder if there are any books written with actual real life experiments on this subject ,if not then someone needs to write such a book.

This would serve as inspiration to the rest of us when we don't see immediate results.

I kept a notebook with actual results for many years on Law of Attraction results but many of these things were accidental manifestations.
There were maybe 50 things I wrote down over time ,things that I would have forgotton about had I not kept notes.
This is a vital,very important subject and a big part of our spiritual growth so why not do a proper scientific evaluation of it?

Actual results would include ...........

1. How many days did you do the affirmation for?

2. How much time total did you spend saying it?

3. How much time elapsed until you got the result?

4. How close was it to what you originally planned?

5. How much did you feel it rather than just think it?

It's good to talk to others that are on this journey : )

Mark

I can only give you my experience.

1. I wrote a letter to god telling it what I needed to be comfortable, it included my job and my salary. I signed it with love and gratitude (Thank you, I love you), put it in a sealed envelope and wrote the date on the outside. I then put it in a drawer and went on with my life. I actually forgot about it.
2. It took me about 30 minutes to compose the letter
3. less than a year elapsed, not sure exactly as I had forgotten about it as things changed in my life while I worked on changing my negative thoughts to positive thoughts.
4. It was exactly on the nose, the only requirement from me was that I had to move to a town 700 miles away where I knew only one person.
5. It was all about feeling to the point of knowing. The feeling was that I was supported, the thinking was that I did not have to think about it. Also, I never told anyone about that letter until years later when I found it and realized how spot on everything had been for me.

My understanding of how affirmations work is that you say them once KNOWING they are true and then you go on with your life acting on that knowing. It doesn't me you affirm you are a millionaire and start spending money you do not have, it means you affirm that you are supported and have access to the abundance you need when you need it. Then you quit worrying and obsessing about money and just live your life in the current financial reality you are in at the moment. If you chant the affirmation over and over and over as in the attitude that you are doing it to change something you will never change anything. The universe is literal minded and does not understand the difference between have and have not, it understands the feelings.

Those "accidental" things that came to pass from your notes, were the ones you did not obsess over.
Old 13-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Guide
P.S. I read a lot of books and the description of what I did came from a very old book. It was a strange book written by a woman who believed our bodies could over come a virus in a very short time if we honored our body and stayed in bed when we felt like it. That was very helpful to me as well, as I caught every virus anyone I was near had and they lingered because I was so busy and stressed that I would not call in to work sick. My sick days were for the days my kids were sick, not me. So, after I got the new job I alluded to above I decided to try her advice about feeling ill and did stay in bed when I felt sick. After a year I rarely got sick and became an employee that or rarely used her sick days. The other thing that helped with was me realizing I was chronically exhausted and moving to a new city allowed me weekends to just stay home and rest, for about 6 weeks I spent all day Sunday in bed and that is what it took for me to get my life back. The kids were old enough to take care of themselves with the ability to come to me if they needed to.

The biggest obstruction in affirmations is that people want something magic that they did not have to put the effort into to get what they want. Usually they don't even know what they really want. For example, you want more money, why, what do you need and what do you desire? Start with what you need, that is how it works. And the phrase, "in order to be comfortable I need" doe not include a Mazarati and a mansion, it is basic needs. You have to start with the basics.
Old 13-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
1. I wrote a letter to god

5. It was all about feeling to the point of knowing.
My understanding of how affirmations work is that you say
them once KNOWING they are true

Exactly! Just shortened it...loved the rest, also.

Old 13-04-2019, 03:05 PM
Guide
Thanks, Miss Hepburn. I have other stories about how that works but that was the first that I have concretely in my mind.