Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Nonsense! He is a great director. I love the films he has made. He is not an emotional film maker. His style is quite dry. But his films are excellent in my opinion.
Well that explains why his movies don't move me.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Alternate Carpark- Are there others like me?

NO WAY.

Quote:

I have seen Forgiven, Mystic River, Million dollar baby, and last night I watched Hereafter.
Of all of these movies, all revolving around harsh, tragic emotive themes, I simply don't rez with any of them.

I feel no, or very little emotion while watching. Can't connect or immerse myself into them, even though I am a deeply emotional person and can cry, or feel anguish or pain at the drop of a hat while watching movies,
I feel nothing or just a smidgen in any of his directed movies.
Example. I've been watching the tv show House, I cry nearly every episode, and half of House is superb idiotic humor.
Some episodes affect me into the next day

I know it's not him as a director because he's won awards and tons of people praise him etc.

Just because Hollywood likes him doesn't mean they know what they are talking about.

Quote:
Does anyone else have trouble connecting emotionally to his movies?

I Do. We've got this in common, AC. Regardless as to why, his movies don't move me at all. I don't even think he was a good actor. When he was young- eye candy. I'll give him that.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
I don't even think he was a good actor.

He is the only actor who could play "the man with no name" and Dirty Harry with such conviction. He may not have been acting very much in those films, but he was mesmerising.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 PM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
He is the only actor who could play "the man with no name" and Dirty Harry with such conviction. He may not have been acting very much in those films, but he was mesmerising.
I agree totally there Honza,he has charisma and huge stage presence.

In 'A Fist Full of Dollars',I just LOVE the way he tells those bad guys to apologise to his mule.'Now if you just go and apologise,like I know you're going to'.Only Clint Eastwood could deliver that line
Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Master
He is a sort of John Wayne type of actor. He always plays himself whatever role he is in. In Unforgiven he was totally convincing as the retired gunman out to do one last job. But he was still himself.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
NO WAY.
~laughs~ snap!

Quote:
Just because Hollywood likes him doesn't mean they know what they are talking about.
Yeah but by that same logic, those that don't like his directing don't know what they are talking about.

Quote:
I Do. We've got this in common, AC. Regardless as to why, his movies don't move me at all. I don't even think he was a good actor. When he was young- eye candy. I'll give him that.
High Plains Drifter is one of my all time favs, and I did like a couple of Dirty Harry's.

But it's re assuring to know I'm not the only one who can't connect emotionally to his directing.
Old 13-01-2012, 04:49 PM
LateBloomer

Quote:
Nonsense! He is a great director. I love the films he has made. He is not an emotional film maker. His style is quite dry. But his films are excellent in my opinion.

What a coincidence !
I just joined the forum and I stumbled upon this thread. I say that because last night I watched Bridges of Madison County and again I was crying my eyes out.
I love this movie so much (even if it’s not my favorite Eastwood movie)maybe because I’m a girl but in this case, this is a very emotional film
Old 13-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Master
Shucks. I didn't even know he directed Bridges. Now I'll have to go see what everybody's talking about!

Old 14-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Lisa

Quote:
He is a sort of John Wayne type of actor. He always plays himself whatever role he is in.

I agree with this, Honza. He either plays himself or that basic character. And he is good as that particular character.

One movie he was in that I did like and thought he did a good job in as a sort of different character was "Play Misty For Me." I enjoyed that movie. Jessica Walters was just too good!!!!
Old 14-01-2012, 09:17 PM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
I agree with this, Honza. He either plays himself or that basic character. And he is good as that particular character.

One movie he was in that I did like and thought he did a good job in as a sort of different character was "Play Misty For Me." I enjoyed that movie. Jessica Walters was just too good!!!!
Oh yes great film,the inspiration for the later 'Fatal Attraction'.