Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-10-2016, 12:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Jealousy

Is jealousy pointing us to our true potential?
Old 30-10-2016, 12:55 AM
Master
Exploring the feelings contained within jealousy will lead you to open to let go of what holds this issue in place. When released I found myself no longer attached to the external, (with need to have, missing out feelings) but more aware of what I was already in this way of seeking externally.

So I would say yes to your question.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-10-2016, 01:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Exploring the feelings contained within jealousy will lead you to open to let go of what holds this issue in place. When released I found myself no longer attached to the external, (with need to have, missing out feelings) but more aware of what I was already in this way of seeking externally.

So I would say yes to your question.
Thank you for your insightful response. :) I like your signature, by the way.
Old 30-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeautifulsacred
Thank you for your insightful response. :) I like your signature, by the way.

Thankyou.

I wanted to share a little more on this topic as I became aware walking through this issue, how hard it was for me to acknowledge it in myself. I suppose the word itself has so many *external* conditioned connotations and judgements upon it, that to enter into the feelings, I had to let go of both my own and the external judgement on myself in this issue. I found it one of the more difficult issues to accept, so naturally I resisted it in myself for a long time.

I think in this awareness, I just wanted to bring to light that it is ok to feel whatever one feels, it is the only way to let go and not be tied to right and wrong feelings. But to be aware of all feelings as important to acknowledge and release more complete.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-10-2016, 03:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Thankyou.

I wanted to share a little more on this topic as I became aware walking through this issue, how hard it was for me to acknowledge it in myself. I suppose the word itself has so many *external* conditioned connotations and judgements upon it, that to enter into the feelings, I had to let go of both my own and the external judgement on myself in this issue. I found it one of the more difficult issues to accept, so naturally I resisted it in myself for a long time.

I think in this awareness, I just wanted to bring to light that it is ok to feel whatever one feels, it is the only way to let go and not be tied to right and wrong feelings. But to be aware of all feelings as important to acknowledge and release more complete.

I absolutely agree. I remember suffering a knee injury years back and feeling very jealous of those i saw running or training. I was unsure if i'll be able to run or pursue martial arts to my full capacity again as i had no medical insurance, and couldn't afford medical service. I did not resist or deny this feeling within myself but rather accepted it. That feeling of jealousy motivated me to do whatever i can to get better. And i did.

Unfortunately jealous can put an end to many relationships fast. But if their love can not overlook their own insecurity issues then perhaps their love was never strong enough to begin with. In this case the relationship is better off ending before things get really out of hand. Funny the timing these threads show up.
Old 30-10-2016, 05:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeautifulsacred
Inspiration does that. Jealousy comes from a different place. I guess you can say jealousy is "of the flesh" and inspiration is spiritual.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I absolutely agree. I remember suffering a knee injury years back and feeling very jealous of those i saw running or training. I was unsure if i'll be able to run or pursue martial arts to my full capacity again as i had no medical insurance, and couldn't afford medical service. I did not resist or deny this feeling within myself but rather accepted it. That feeling of jealousy motivated me to do whatever i can to get better. And i did.

Unfortunately jealous can put an end to many relationships fast. But if their love can not overlook their own insecurity issues then perhaps their love was never strong enough to begin with. In this case the relationship is better off ending before things get really out of hand. Funny the timing these threads show up.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. That's awesome that you motivated yourself and got better.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Suspended
Knower

No, jealousy comes when we start comparing our-self with others. Everyone has their own journey and interests and they have their own destiny. So we should focus on our hard work and efforts without worrying about others than we don't feel jealous with anyone.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Master
I can't see anything good that comes out of jealousy.

And excellent post Govind.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Master

Hi thebeautifulandsacred,

Quote:
No - just the opposite.

For a spiritual seeker, jealousy represents confusion, weakness, wrong focus.

It is reactive, regressive, and anti-spiritual - an implicit and actual disparagement of self and others - always a negative objective comparison based on a fundamental insecurity and intrinsically false perception in which jealousy is only one virulent form of insecurity among others - all based in false, ignorant, separative cognition.

Spiritual practice means the conscious deliberate transformation of ego-based life purpose (which can only lead to dissatisfaction). Spirituality does not mean the rationalized continuance, indulgence, and enhancement of ego and ignorance .

Be wise - don’t be flattered and fooled by ego and its cleverly perpetuated debilities! To be clear, jealousy isn't the cause or origin of discrimination, even if discrimination and self-examination is the first step in transforming or removing these false and destructive intentions and behaviours.

Increase (rather than decrease) available inspiration which is self and world transforming by appreciating in oneness, others' good qualities and achievements - not detracting from them, which is what jealousy is and does.

~ J

Last edited by Jyotir : 04-11-2016 at 06:43 PM.