Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
if the primordial vibration is sound are we really cosmic light or energy, or are we at our core composed of sound vibrations?
At the quantum level we are vibrating energy, and scientifically speaking when energy ceases to vibrate it ceases to exist. As there is a relationship between consciousness and energy, what would that mean to consciousness? Would our consciousness 'stagnate' or 'cease'? Would there even be an 'us'?

Science has discovered that DNA emits light at the high end of the spectrum, and they reckon this is the frequency range Kryllian photography records. So we really, scientifically are 'the light'. Nice thought.

The Schuman Resonance was originally calculated at 7.83 Hz and according to Stephen Greer God's frequency is 938Hz, so we have a little way to go yet folks.
Old 29-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
At the quantum level we are vibrating energy, and scientifically speaking when energy ceases to vibrate it ceases to exist. As there is a relationship between consciousness and energy, what would that mean to consciousness? Would our consciousness 'stagnate' or 'cease'? Would there even be an 'us'?

Science has discovered that DNA emits light at the high end of the spectrum, and they reckon this is the frequency range Kryllian photography records. So we really, scientifically are 'the light'. Nice thought.

The Schuman Resonance was originally calculated at 7.83 Hz and according to Stephen Greer God's frequency is 938Hz, so we have a little way to go yet folks.
Thank you very much for that perspective; the thing that jumps out to me in what you've stated is that "scientifically" we are light; which is a narrow qualifier. Going on the premise that light is an extension of sound, we just well may be such. It is an interesting question to ponder; what happens, or what would it be like, if we stopped vibrating?

Christianity: "In the beginning was the word...." This implies sound as "the word" is most often associated with a spoken word.

Yogis: "the primordial sound of the universe is OMmmmm..." This also implies sound.

I wanted to mention that the scientific "big bang theory" also implies sound.

Most esoteric teachings say that sound was the first thing to materialize in the universe, and Sufi's in their dance use whirling dervishes to imitate the precursor of sound in creating the universe.

Now I do understand that science may have a different point of view, or at least a point of view which is progressive and have not completely embraced most precepts of spirituality, nonetheless, they are catching up to them.

Last edited by Starman : 29-10-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 29-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Ascender

Quote:
if the primordial vibration is sound are we really cosmic light or energy, or are we at our core composed of sound vibrations?

In noise everything exists, in silence everything dissolves.

Everything exists in silence, but that silence always relates to everything in a manner where it appears silent, and that noise always relates to everything where it appears to be noise, but that these are the same thing; there is no movement, but there is no stillness; but there are relationships that make each appear to each other as they are-- But that if silence didn't choose to relate the way it did it would not appear still, and if noise did not appear to relate to the way it did, it would not appear noisy-- And if you try to understand us in terms of cause and effect, that one will remain the effect of a cause that does not appear to be their own--

The question to a new a path of thought, is if we can see us as originating in sound; what is being expressed by the choices for it to have ever appeared so? Well now suddenly we have to empathize and know what we are empathizing with, was that angle of origin an effect without a cause? or was it an expression conveying meaning? If there is nothing before, than is the expression of something else or of itself? and that if you look for a cause, this will be insufficient of course; but that is the road of death itself to look for the cause-- But than what if it had intent, what if like my voice it tried to mean something, but that since we didn't know it as intending something; that it had to act in reference to something; and like my voice when heard by ears that understand in reference to something; only to those things you know can it refer, and so something that means something itself, cannot refer to something else, or that something else it refers to is not understood to be looked at--

So that what if it was sound, than is that telling us something; and that we should listen to all of it to know it? or would that be to know the symbol itself, and not the origin of all, but the origin of sound and its intentions to express--

This is why spirituality was well written in terms of anthropomorphic terms, because it expresses a way to understand things; that people do not even remember how to approach others with-- So that we are left with ideas like love, but that we do not think in terms of life; and that love has meant everything, except its own intentions, which appear selfless, but that selfless would have no self to worry whether love should be; so that people do not intend love, but intend everyone to act a certain way when everyone else acts a certain way, so that love is hung upside down like two tears made of one tear down the middle that leaves everyone suffering and heart broken-- And in such, if I were to love; I know unconditionally what I want for people, but that no specific form can be expressed to it; but that I can love conditionally, and that I should only love those things that truly move me; and that I can only ask that of everyone; and that I know there is love for violence as much as there is for peace, so I walk differently knowing that when I see humble people they hide their greatness, and when they show their greatness they hide their humble aspects--

Love and fear are the same, but that we think they are different, and the thought alone relates to love as fear, because it does not recognize the meanings of its own dream; so that he who walks on earth and finds the 4 directions to describe his relationship to everything, has not moved beyond those references that govern him-- How can you know what you are, if you are everything else and it changes every time you move--

You see, I am still; that north is always ahead of me; and south is behind me; and that east and west stay tucked on the sides; and that with the fifth nail on the cross, I hang my voice upon the center, and speak my name repeatedly--

If you are looking for the truth, wake up; but that you are not asleep, but that you are not all yourself to appear awake, so if one tries to realize they are in a dream; and has related to themselves as a dream; that they would never wake up because they thought the dream unreal, rather than thinking deception is real and intends something that likes you to know it is being deceptive-- So that people think they have found a lie, when they have found the truth; and that people suspect the motivations for lying, instead of the motivations for being so blatantly apparent when no one trusts anyone much anymore--
Old 29-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
Everything exists in silence, but that silence always relates to everything in a manner where it appears silent, and that noise always relates to everything where it appears to be noise, but that these are the same thing; there is no movement, but there is no stillness; but there are relationships that make each appear to each other as they are-- But that if silence didn't choose to relate the way it did it would not appear still, and if noise did not appear to relate to the way it did, it would not appear noisy-- And if you try to understand us in terms of cause and effect, that one will remain the effect of a cause that does not appear to be their own--

The question to a new a path of thought, is if we can see us as originating in sound; what is being expressed by the choices for it to have ever appeared so? Well now suddenly we have to empathize and know what we are empathizing with, was that angle of origin an effect without a cause? or was it an expression conveying meaning? If there is nothing before, than is the expression of something else or of itself? and that if you look for a cause, this will be insufficient of course; but that is the road of death itself to look for the cause-- But than what if it had intent, what if like my voice it tried to mean something, but that since we didn't know it as intending something; that it had to act in reference to something; and like my voice when heard by ears that understand in reference to something; only to those things you know can it refer, and so something that means something itself, cannot refer to something else, or that something else it refers to is not understood to be looked at--

So that what if it was sound, than is that telling us something; and that we should listen to all of it to know it? or would that be to know the symbol itself, and not the origin of all, but the origin of sound and its intentions to express--

This is why spirituality was well written in terms of anthropomorphic terms, because it expresses a way to understand things; that people do not even remember how to approach others with-- So that we are left with ideas like love, but that we do not think in terms of life; and that love has meant everything, except its own intentions, which appear selfless, but that selfless would have no self to worry whether love should be; so that people do not intend love, but intend everyone to act a certain way when everyone else acts a certain way, so that love is hung upside down like two tears made of one tear down the middle that leaves everyone suffering and heart broken-- And in such, if I were to love; I know unconditionally what I want for people, but that no specific form can be expressed to it; but that I can love conditionally, and that I should only love those things that truly move me; and that I can only ask that of everyone; and that I know there is love for violence as much as there is for peace, so I walk differently knowing that when I see humble people they hide their greatness, and when they show their greatness they hide their humble aspects--

Love and fear are the same, but that we think they are different, and the thought alone relates to love as fear, because it does not recognize the meanings of its own dream; so that he who walks on earth and finds the 4 directions to describe his relationship to everything, has not moved beyond those references that govern him-- How can you know what you are, if you are everything else and it changes every time you move--

You see, I am still; that north is always ahead of me; and south is behind me; and that east and west stay tucked on the sides; and that with the fifth nail on the cross, I hang my voice upon the center, and speak my name repeatedly--

If you are looking for the truth, wake up; but that you are not asleep, but that you are not all yourself to appear awake, so if one tries to realize they are in a dream; and has related to themselves as a dream; that they would never wake up because they thought the dream unreal, rather than thinking deception is real and intends something that likes you to know it is being deceptive-- So that people think they have found a lie, when they have found the truth; and that people suspect the motivations for lying, instead of the motivations for being so blatantly apparent when no one trusts anyone much anymore--

I respect that you have your truth and I have mine, and that each of us feel; like most people, that our truth is THE TRUTH.
Old 29-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Lorelyen, thank you for your very interesting insights; you supplement gaps in my knowledge on this subject. Yes, my medical background has given me some perspective on the body electric but I do not have the electrical engineering background which you seem to have.
I suppose I should blush.
With embarrassment I confess my electrical engineering background is zero. That school project fired an interest that kind-of lingered into an eventual interest in what's called "music technology" now but the interest in psychobiology remains, hence still messing around with it. In fact, someone mentioned that DNA gives off light. Well, I can't get down to one strand of DNA obviously but collectively a bulk should give off more light which does pose an interesting prospect for a dark winter evening. If I can get my hands on a sensor better than 120nm wavelength it should be detectable. Interesting but it would have to wait until after I've finished a work project.

It seems possible...the concentration of DNA can be determined using various light and electro- techniques. Well,I don't want to overload this topic so I'll leave it there!

About colour and sound... Synaesthesia sometimes kicks in which can be a nuisance and a blessing depends what's going on. I associate (musical) keys with colours (which would seem to be based on the keynote itself. I first noticed it while accompanying someone in a venue where the piano was old, fallen out of tune so the tuner had set it a half-tone lower than concert pitch. Because the clarinetist couldn't transpose on-the-fly (easier for pianist) I had to play a half-tone higher. Anything in C went up to D flat. B-flat up to B. Point is, I noticed then that C was a cherry red but D-flat/C# had a deep plum-colour verging on deep blue. Interestingly E major has always been yellow, according with your table.

Quote:
Colors can influence our development and when coupled with a corresponding sound that development is even more enhanced. Violet for instance has a majestic ambiance, green is that of growth, etc., if a person looks at a certain color and intones the musical note associated with that color they can change their vibration to the influence of that color. So for example if I look at the color green and intone the musical note F-Sharp, either humming that note, using a pitch pipe, piano, etc., over a period the influence of green, which is growth, in my life will be enhanced. It is best to use a combination of colors and their corresponding sounds. This is a practical application of transmuting vibrations. A persons favorite color says a lot about the vibrations which they embrace.

Here is the musical note and corresponding color scale:
Yellow E
Blue G #
Green F #
Red C
Red-Orange C #
Orange D
Orange-Yellow D #
Yellow-Green F
Blue-Green G
Blue-Violet A
Violet A #
Violet-Red B
A large subject but I'm in complete agreement. In fact, tones are important to some in invocation. The human voice and particularly humming gets the closest to pure tones/sine waves of any instrument, short of producing them electronically. There are many interesting aspects to this.

Old 29-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
You're very welcome.

Actually we don't need to raise our vibrations to affect others, it happens anyway. If anything we should be thinking about how we 'infect' others, everything is already in place and happening so all that's needed is to be more aware of what we send out. Just think of when you've looked at a smiling face and thought 'They're not happy.'

Here's a little party trick for you to try. Sit down with someone, straight backs, feet on the floor and no crossed limbs. Ask them to hold their palm upwards, you hold yours about (may take some adjustment because of energy levels) an inch above theirs. What you're looking for is a sensation in your palm, and it can vary from person-to-person.

What do you mean about a "lower level of consciousness?" For instance, someone who isn't Spiritual doesn't necessarily have a lower level of consciousness just the same as someone who is Spiritual doesn't necessarily have a higher one. Just because someone isn't Spiritual it doesn't mean they aren't conscious of things that you're not conscious of. Struggling to keep your vibration high is what keeps your vibration low, ironic isn't it? If you're struggling to keep it high then you resonate at a lower frequency, if you're struggling to keep your vibrations high it means you're perceiving a lack. If you want to keep your vibrations high, don't resonate with low vibrations. Use them as a meter, if you feel as though your vibrations are lowering then there's a reason for that so focus on the reason and work on that. When you struggle against low vibrations you create an energy system, the more you struggle the more there is to struggle against.

Kids are often more in touch with themselves than adults in some ways and generally do tend to sense energies more than adults. Adults have learned to 'lock out' certain things like sensing energies, intuition and the like. And, unfortunately, the simple joy of playing in puddles. Adults react to vibrations too though, but sometimes it takes a little more intention for them to receive them. The next time someone kicks off in the supermarket queue, send them some good vibes. Or just notice how people react being around you.

"Like attracts like" as they say so what you'll find is that you attract people with compatible frequencies to yourself. It's best to forget the 'high' and 'low' vibration thinking because that is 'low' vibration, and even 'low' vibrational people can 'teach' you something about your own. When you gain from the interaction you set up an energy system that spirals, the more you gain the more there is to gain. Much better than setting one up where you struggle.

Don't worry too much about your frequencies being 'lower' than they were before, remember that at the quantum level you are energy and your vibrations are sine waves. Your frequencies are affected by many things, including your mood in the moment and what you're going through in your Life at the time. Just go with the flow, and again, if you want some awareness then be aware of your vibrations at the time.

Going back to my example of a relative with low consciousness. I don't mean it in a negative sense nor am I criticizing her but I know her well.

It's true that we are all spiritual (that is, spirits in a human body) but the distinction I want to make is that a person who is always worried, expects bad motives in every one, is unhappy with people and situations most of the time has a lower level of consciousness/vibration (I use these terms interchangeably because I consider them to be synonymous) than a person like Eckhart Tolle. I would view spiritual masters as being more spiritual than the common person who has no interest in spiritual matters or his spiritual evolution. Again, I find nothing wrong with a person who falls into the latter category; he is where he needs to be to learn lessons that will help him in his own evolution whatever direction that may be in.

I think it's just a difference in perspectives.

About my relative's vibration. I can feel her constant state of anxiety when I'm in the same room as her. Since I feel it, it lowers my vibration but I don't think it points to anything wrong with me. I would probably still feel it if I increased my own vibration or lowered my vibration to match hers.

Since, as Starman pointed out, vibrations are sent out like waves I think what happens is wave interference as in physics where two waves out of harmony with each other cause destructive interference and 'cancel' each other out. Like a sine wave meeting a cosine wave and producing a flat line. I don't mind this. I'm just making an observation and am not trying to change my relative in any way. But the discomfort I feel means I cannot stay too long in her presence.

I can sense very strong emotions in my relatives if they are near me even when they don't express the emotion. It can feel overpowering at times; I don't consider myself to have psychic abilities any more than the normal person. It's just evidence of what you and Starman have said about how people can be affected by other people's vibration.
Old 29-10-2016, 03:28 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thank you very much for that perspective; the thing that jumps out to me in what you've stated is that "scientifically" we are light; which is a narrow qualifier. Going on the premise that light is an extension of sound, we just well may be such. It is an interesting question to ponder; what happens, or what would it be like, if we stopped vibrating?
You're very welcome. I've always thought that there's more of a relationship between the physical and the Spiritual than is often expressed. Nassim Haramein says that Spirituality is the science we don't understand yet and I can see so many parallels between the two.

Us being the light isn't so much of a qualifier for me so much as an example of how science and Spirituality is coming together. Nassim Haramein said the "Science is the science we don't understand yet" and when you begin to understand the science a little you begin to understand Spirituality a lot better, certainly in terms of vibration.

Quote:
Christianity: "In the beginning was the word...." This implies sound as "the word" is most often associated with a spoken word.
Most often associated with the spoken word, yes, but.... The spoken word is sound/vibration. I was watching a YouTube on Cymatics and this is how they interpreted the meaning, that God created the Universe with sound/vibration.

Quote:
Yogis: "the primordial sound of the universe is OMmmmm..." This also implies sound.
Years ago I read a book by Lobsang Rampa who said that the word or what he called the Sacred Syllable is "AUM." If you say the word it starts deep within ourselves and vibrates the lips, which is supposed to be the vibrational expression of ourselves into this dimension.

Quote:
I wanted to mention that the scientific "big bang theory" also implies sound.
The just is still out on that one, while sceibce can tell what happened a sillieth of a second after the Big Bang nobody knows what caused it. Maybe God said "Aum."

Quote:
Most esoteric teachings say that sound was the first thing to materialize in the universe, and Sufi's in their dance use whirling dervishes to imitate the precursor of sound in creating the universe.
To make the parallels here between science and Spirituality there are torsion fields that are created when energy systems coalesce, which explains why atoms don't encroach on each other's space. The planets have a torsion field or spin that was created when all that matter came together, as do atoms.

Quote:
Now I do understand that science may have a different point of view, or at least a point of view which is progressive and have not completely embraced most precepts of spirituality, nonetheless, they are catching up to them.
There's a surprising amount of science in Spirituality, or it it the other way around? Same difference really, it's all about understanding our Universe in different ways. Perhaps it would be a different Spirituality if we understood vibration, torsion fields and Sacred Geometry. Those esoteric writings pretty much nailed it considering what they knew of the physical Universe, which brings me to another question. Where did the writers find the information? How did the Christians, the Sufis, the Yogis etc know?
Old 29-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
Gotta say, that's a real doozy of a post.
Old 29-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerAK
Going back to my example of a relative with low consciousness. I don't mean it in a negative sense nor am I criticizing her but I know her well.

It's true that we are all spiritual (that is, spirits in a human body) but the distinction I want to make is that a person who is always worried, expects bad motives in every one, is unhappy with people and situations most of the time has a lower level of consciousness/vibration (I use these terms interchangeably because I consider them to be synonymous) than a person like Eckhart Tolle. I would view spiritual masters as being more spiritual than the common person who has no interest in spiritual matters or his spiritual evolution. Again, I find nothing wrong with a person who falls into the latter category; he is where he needs to be to learn lessons that will help him in his own evolution whatever direction that may be in.

I think it's just a difference in perspectives.

About my relative's vibration. I can feel her constant state of anxiety when I'm in the same room as her. Since I feel it, it lowers my vibration but I don't think it points to anything wrong with me. I would probably still feel it if I increased my own vibration or lowered my vibration to match hers.

Since, as Starman pointed out, vibrations are sent out like waves I think what happens is wave interference as in physics where two waves out of harmony with each other cause destructive interference and 'cancel' each other out. Like a sine wave meeting a cosine wave and producing a flat line. I don't mind this. I'm just making an observation and am not trying to change my relative in any way. But the discomfort I feel means I cannot stay too long in her presence.

I can sense very strong emotions in my relatives if they are near me even when they don't express the emotion. It can feel overpowering at times; I don't consider myself to have psychic abilities any more than the normal person. It's just evidence of what you and Starman have said about how people can be affected by other people's vibration.
I think this is where the allusion to vibration starts. I've questioned it often on the forum and concluded it was metaphorical as nothing in regard to the relationship between lifestyle sentiments actions/reactions and actual vibration can be measured - and if it could, what (of the myriad vibrations given off) are we talking about - certainly not cortical, I suppose because these are responsive to different stimuli and mental action. Is it the heartbeat? The effects of hormones? What?

Hence I've had to equate low-vibration to bad; high vibration to a good sense of well-being. I suppose it's far easier to say "raise your vibration" like some author/gurus do rather than "do something about your wellbeing, your optimism." On this scale what does sadness equate to? And...naivety? Astuteness? Motivated? The latterday authors seem to avoid getting into this discussion.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 29-10-2016 at 04:44 PM. Reason: closing parenthesis
Old 29-10-2016, 04:00 PM
Master
I think the issue is that a lot of religious and spiritually oriented peoples only look at things one way;
when in my opinion all matter is spirit vibrating at a frequency other than what we humans may call “spirit.”
We call a frequency of energy “physical” and another frequency of energy “spiritual.” I do not want to view
this creation in fragments which discard parts as being non-spiritual; that is not my truth.

There is a surprising amount of science in spirituality or a surprising amount of spirituality in science.
I desire to see the holistic nature of being and not fragment existence according to how we humans
have labeled it. The question arises how did Christians, yogis, and Sufi’s know, and I think the answer
is that they experienced it for themselves.

I have often felt that truth is not something which we should agree upon rather truth is something
which we should experience for ourselves; truth in this world is dependant on how many people
agree it is true; but quantity is not a reliable validation of quality. Still there is the saying “millions
of people can’t be wrong” for which I say yes millions of people can be wrong; not withstanding
that ‘right” and “wrong” are relative concepts. An I am open to the very real prospect that I can be wrong.

We hold on to our truth until something else speaks loudly to us to replace that truth; and that
something else has to be life changing. Experience is our greatest teacher but the interpretation
of our experiences is subject to change. What we once believed about a certain experience may
prove to not be correct, or true. In truth we are looking for an unshakable foundation; I personally
have found such at the core of my being but I respect that others may have found such in another
way. I apologize for the lecture; I used to teach college classes and still gravitate towards that
type of presentation.

Peace and thank you to all for this discussion.