Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 17-10-2017, 11:39 PM
Master
We tend to thing of "computers", in a hardware setting. But in an age in a future?

Also, in the Bible, predestination and the Elect are valid issues. Which alone seem indicative that a "Program" is running, of sorts.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 17-10-2017, 11:39 PM
Master
Double post.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-10-2017, 12:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
If anything is bizarre then it is this.
Not for those of us for who the Universe actually works that way. In fact it is a vaguely disturbing that not everyone realizes it.
Old 28-12-2017, 03:33 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Double post.

"I believe there are two sides to the phenomena known as death. This side where we live, and the other side, where we shall continue to live.
Eternity does not start with death.
We are in eternity now." - Norman Vincent Peale

Physical reality only arises from the quantum field when observed, until then it exists as information in a probability distribution described by Schrodinger and Dirac. If it is consciousness that creates the physical universe that it then perceives, then perhaps science is just telling us where our created realities overlap. Whether physical reality actually arises for all, or merely appears to arise in the consciousness of the observer is the question. Einstein was bothered by the idea that the moon may not be there when we are not looking, yet if the moon behaves like the particles of matter that make it up, then that may indeed be the case. Molecules of 60 carbon atoms have already been proven to behave in this way, why should there be a cutoff point between a Bucky ball and the moon where the two behave differently.

Perhaps each of us live in one of Everett’s many worlds, each created by how and when we select which information we choose to bring into our awareness. Information chosen from a set Akashic records of infinite size and scope, existing beyond space-time, bound only by and in our perception and for reasons of our own choosing. If we live out our lives in a physical reality created by our own consciousness, from information that has existed for eternity, then perhaps life is merely the focusing of our awareness on one part of an infinity of information available, time merely the pace at which we read that information, and death merely the refocusing of our awareness.
Old 18-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Master
Is our world a simulation? Why some scientists say it's more likely than not

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Physical reality only arises from the quantum field when observed, until then it exists as information in a probability distribution described by Schrodinger and Dirac. If it is consciousness that creates the physical universe that it then perceives, then perhaps science is just telling us where our created realities overlap. Whether physical reality actually arises for all, or merely appears to arise in the consciousness of the observer is the question. Einstein was bothered by the idea that the moon may not be there when we are not looking, yet if the moon behaves like the particles of matter that make it up, then that may indeed be the case. Molecules of 60 carbon atoms have already been proven to behave in this way, why should there be a cutoff point between a Bucky ball and the moon where the two behave differently.

Perhaps each of us live in one of Everett’s many worlds, each created by how and when we select which information we choose to bring into our awareness. Information chosen from a set Akashic records of infinite size and scope, existing beyond space-time, bound only by and in our perception and for reasons of our own choosing. If we live out our lives in a physical reality created by our own consciousness, from information that has existed for eternity, then perhaps life is merely the focusing of our awareness on one part of an infinity of information available, time merely the pace at which we read that information, and death merely the refocusing of our awareness.

Ketzer,

This is one of the most interesting threads I've encountered since becoming a member of this forum. Much thanks to Burntfruit for initiating it.

I decided to jump in when I saw the following in your most recent post: Einstein was bothered by the idea that the moon may not be there when we are not looking, yet if the moon behaves like the particles of matter that make it up, then that may indeed be the case."

I have to assume our "unseen" moon would not have bothered Einstein in the slightest, considering that the calculations by which he mathematically and precisely proved that the "lens effect" of our Sun's gravitational presence would bend the light coming from an "unseen" star behind it.....

....years before it was validated .

For me, the phrases, "Perfection does not come from projecting our own ideas but from awakening to the knowledge that it is already the established order of things."....and...."Truth is not a thing to be discovered, but a reality to be uncovered." form a worldview that I call "Scientific Spirituality", which encompasses the kinds of perspective that I find most valuable. Why?

The truth about the "reach" of our very understanding of REALITY is that each and every advancement has come about after we discovered what has ALWAYS BEEN TRUE, and waiting for us to discover it....our progress is based on SELF-DISCOVERY of what ALREADY IS....TRUE !!

...even when the tightly held ideas WE THOUGHT WERE TRUE were REALLY based on false information and dogma, WHICH virtually everyone believed, transmitted, and acted upon AS IF TRUE .....that is, until others, who had quantifiable, repeatable, verifiable evidence based on a DIFFERENT set of ideas, turned the paradigm of established scientific or religious consensus on its head !!

The Principles of Life uncovered by scientists that govern the relationship between mass, gravity, time, and the curvature of space to produce Stephen Hawking's (RIP) discovery of radiation from black holes, have been in perfect operation just as eternally before his discovery of those principles as is the frequency upon which you enjoy listening to your favorite music; indeed, existent ever since the Universe cooled it into resonance along with the infinite gradations of frequency radiating beside it. These principles HAD to have been in operation just as perfectly BEFORE we discovered how to harness them into technology as they presently operate now. Or we would not be able to continue to utilize them for our technology today, much less build them into technological improvements tomorrow! To me, this perfection has to include Spiritual principles, too. "What"-ever those are, we are, as well...perfectly and scientifically, as indicated in the 1st reference.

As to scientists wondering whether our world is a simulation, consider that the more interesting question that scientists should be asking is...."simulation of what"? I think the 2nd reference will provide a useful tool of inquiry to ascertain "What is perceived, and Who is perceiving it"?

Moreover, there may be a perspective too often overlooked in these discussions which is: US. If Reality is an illusion, then what, or Who....ARE WE? Hopefully my attempts to address this question in the final three references, can help.

I hope this, and the excellent perspectives espoused herein, help us ALL uncover the "unseen" light waiting to be seen, through the "lens" of Truth, at last. Toward that end, I look forward to exploring any Truth that I, with others, can uncover and apply, to ascertain the Illusive Reality beyond the Simulation.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...8&postcount=22

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...4&postcount=46

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...68&postcount=1 "Is Reality an Illusion?"

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...6&postcount=29 (my answer to Ref 3).

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...67&postcount=8
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 19-03-2018 at 12:51 AM.