Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Administrator
Elementals and Mythical Creatures

Elementals - Mythical Creatures - Fairies - Mother Earth - Moon and Moon Magicks

An Elemental is methodical being first in the alchemical works of Paracelsus.
The more traditional one’s are :

Gnomes - Earth Elemental - Human like creature but small or smallish in nature. Roots in Renaissance Magicks. Modern view Garden Gnome.

Undines - Water Elemental - Female form creature that is said to be about to take the Soul of a man and marry him then bare his child. Lives in forest ponds and waterfalls. Modern day image is often that of the Sea Mermaid.

Sylph - Air Elemental - Said to be an invisible creature of the clouds in the sky. In the form of clouds that seem to have wings. More modern day image is Angels.

Salamander - Fire Elemental - This is a combination of a lizard like creature and humanoid, with flames all around it. Modern ties take this into the Occult.

Mythical Creatures - Top 10 Mythical Creatures

1) Griffon - Lion head, with wings of an Eagle.

2) Phoenix - Firebird of Ancient Egypt. Dies in fire and is re born in it. Normally with Red or Golden feathers.

3) Unicorn - Horse with a long single horn on its head. Usually White.

4) Satyr - Companion of the Greek God Pan. Usually seen as half man half goat.

5) Minotaur - Greek Mythology, upper body of a Bull lower body of a Man.

6) Cyclops - Member of the primordial Giant, with one single eye in the middle of the forehead.

7) Mermaid - or Merman - Human like creature with a tail instead of legs. Said to lure Sailors with her voice to the rocks and death.

8) Gorgon - Wicked woman with fangs, and living snakes as hair. It is said that if one looks in her face one is turned to stone. ( Medusa)

9) Banshee - From Irish Mythology are usually seen as female Spirits. They are considered to be death omens and are said to come from the “otherworld” to foretell or predict death.

10) Giant - Monster of great size and strength. Human in appearance common reference is in the Bible story of “David and Goliath”. In Mythology seen to be in conflict with the God’s and are associated with Chaos and wild nature.

Mythical Monsters - Creatures

Dragons, Fenrir ( Gigantic Wolf) , Ogopogo, Thunderbird, Nandi Bear (overgrown Hyena - like beast) , Sasquach , Abominable Snowman, Yeti, Grendel ( Troll), Cherubs.

Mother Earth - or Mother Nature

Common metaphysical expression for the Earth’s keeper and sustainer of life.
Mother Earth - Slavic deity

Gaia ( Mythology) Goddess personifying the Earth
Most common is of nature with the focus on life giving and nurturing features of nature.

Moon and Moon Magick

Full Moon

Full Moon represents the peek. The Sun and the Moon at this stage are opposite signs, some feel the energy passing between them. Many feel uplifted on the Full Moon. In the Crafts both Light and Dark this be a time of casting spells.
When one has set in play on the New Moon what one wants to bring into one’s life the Full Moon gives you a chance to release it so Spirit. It is now time for the Universe to work to bring it to reality.

New Moon

The New Moon occurs when the Sun and Moon are aligned in the same sign, and a strong energy portal is opened to the Universe. It is the time to set goals one wants to obtain or things one wants to create. It can be as simple as bringing in the energy with candles or going into rituals.
Moon Magick is the belief that working with rituals at the time of different phases of the Moon.

Lynn

Old 05-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Lightbringer

hello friend Lynn,
I have had several encounters with nature spirits and most of them have been very rewarding.
My first took place in a small Scottish glen which was remote and hidden from view until one actually arrived in it. It was called Bal Haan. I would sit by a waterfall feeding into a small rock pool. One day I became aware of a figure standing in the stream which led from the pool. The figure was female, about five feet high and impossibly slim. I use the word slim rather than thin becasue there was great grace and beauty in her form. She wore a silvery blue dress which seemed almost misty. After a few minutes she simply faded away.
Several weeks later I was at a social gathering and got into a conversation with a professor who's speciality was Scottish folk law and legend. For some reason the conversation got round to remote glens and the professor said and I quote, "Now Bal Haan, that's one place I would never go to. Translated into English the name means place of the water spirit." I had not mentioned my vision and I never did.
Peace.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Leah85

Do you believe in Unicorns? I always felt very connected to them, and use to work with meditation & healing methods about them. Have you ever seen one, or have you had any experiences with one?

I feel a deep connection to Phoenix too, and I turned to find out that my present life is about regeneration, so that might make sense.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah85
Do you believe in Unicorns? I always felt very connected to them, and use to work with meditation & healing methods about them. Have you ever seen one, or have you had any experiences with one?

I feel a deep connection to Phoenix too, and I turned to find out that my present life is about regeneration, so that might make sense.

I have some information on Unicorns in the Book Animal Magicks there is a Meditaion for RIDING the Unicorn. I can scan it into me computer and PM it here....if one wishes.

The Unicorn YES I feel they are real. From the book Animal Magick By D.J. Conway

Magickal Attributes are :Good will, fame, prosperity, genltless,purity,strength of mind. Individual power that is unlimited. For wisdom with success. Developing personal power.

There too is a chant

A child of the unicorn, that would I be.
Your goodness and wisdom reflected in me.
Let me seek for the good things that brighten my name,
For gentleness, purity, abundance, and fame,
Let me know that my power is forever unbound,
that what's given in LOVe circles right back around.

For the Pheonix

Magickal Attributes are :

Rebirth, renewal, spiritual growth. Call upon the phonenix for strength an renewed energy when facing or undergoing trials of life.

Chant :

Out of ashes, new beginnings,
Out of fire comes new power,
Out of darkness, new day dawning,
Phoenix, help me in this trying hour.

I so highly recomment the BOOK "Animal Magick" by D.J. Conway
The art of recognizing and working with familars.

It covers so very much. I am always going to this book.

Lynn
Old 12-10-2010, 12:28 PM
star-child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah85

Hello A few months ago I was reading Angel Answers by Diana Cooper which had a really interesting section on Unicorns, I had never given them much thought before but it convinced me they were real.

This link might be of interest to you - http://www.dianacooper.com/angelsorb.../unicorns.html

Sophie x
Old 18-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Knower
I recently ordered Coopers Unicorn Mediation CD. She also has a book The wonder of Unicorns which I hope to eventually read.
Old 18-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Moon Willow

I have had alot of people coming into my shop recently saying that Unicorn energy is coming in very strongly at the moment - part of the shift in consciousness that we are all going through at the moment.
Old 14-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Indigo.Wolf.Warrior89

i consider myself a blue lycan hybrid
Old 14-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Trieah

I have dragon spirits all over my home. And I've seen them in various other places as well. There is one park about an hour away from where I live, that's full of dragons. While I'm sure there are other mythical being there as well, I just haven't seen them yet. And I'm pretty darn sure there are at least three portals there, one negative, one positive and one neutral, but I don't know how to open them yet.
Old 14-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
I have dragon spirits all over my home. And I've seen them in various other places as well. There is one park about an hour away from where I live, that's full of dragons. While I'm sure there are other mythical being there as well, I just haven't seen them yet. And I'm pretty darn sure there are at least three portals there, one negative, one positive and one neutral, but I don't know how to open them yet.

Hello

Do be wary of opening doors that one might not want open. What one person percieves as possitive and negative and nuetrual the other might well see very different. The Universe I so feel is in a time of energy flux and in that there are more and more things open to us to explore.

When it comes to opening to anything new make sure that ye are grounded and have the intentions on only what is BEST for one's higest and best good. Be ready for what one might find.....and have an open mind. How to open them it is an indivial thing as I so feel that doors open to us WHEN we are ready for them to do so and are closed from us for reasons. That said I am one of great "needing to know" things and I have ventured to open to places one maybe should not but its all learning.

When it comes to Dragon's I have heard many say they are possitive and many say they are not possitive. I have yet to venture to get close to one.....but I have seen them in the sky. I have an friend that flies with them in Astral. Might come down to what one is drawn to in Spirit or in past life connections. For me I am connected more to Pegasus and I will use that beast in Guided Astral Journeys with other's.

Again done with great respects for the person I am working with and much monitoring on them.

Lynn