Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 27-01-2011, 02:43 PM
lanbee

glad it's working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenphina
I've definately been there, but it's worked out for me. Matter of fact, my husband still thinks I'm a bit loony, but says he likes that about me. And that's ok with me that he's not always on the same page as me... it makes life interesting that we have our differences.

Little by little, I can see I've influenced him too. Not that I've set out to do that, but he has really surprised me sometimes now. Not that he's a believer in the things I believe, but he's grown much more interested. He's even read some of my books on spiritual topics and things like that.

You have to decide if this difference between you is really going to bother you in the future, or whether it's something you can live with. Is he worth it? Only you can know if you are willing to have such different beliefs as a partner does. For me it works, but I know that's not everybody. Plus, to be quite honest, a distancing will probably always exist because you are not both on the same page. For instance, I love my hubby dearly, but there are things which I decide not to discuss with him. That can be a difficult thing because it's such a huge part of my life.

The thing is, if the timing were different, I'm not sure what I would have done about this. I didn't begin travelling my spiritual path until long after we were married and had a child together.

And I'm so glad we were already so committed to each other because he really is just the best partner, father, and husband. Slowly now we are comming together on beliefs just a little bit. And he's supportive, even if he thinks I'm crazy. He likes that about me. But I don't push my stuff on him... you can't do that. So I just don't talk with him much on this stuff unless he brings it up. and he doesn't too often so thank goodness for this forum - It's a good place for me to express and nuture my beliefs.
I don't thimk my husband will ever even try to understand these things. I've already been on the crazy path. Seems he thinks I'll always be crazy so he just does whatever satisfies himself. (perverse ways no less)
Old 27-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_layla16
I am very spiritual, i don't hold any particular belief pattern or religion, but i have had experiences, i like to meditate and am going to learn to practise Reiki soon, but my partner is an atheist and i find it hard to talk to him about some of these weird things that happen to me; synchronism and dreams which are i know signs for me and part of my journey, he finds it funny and i don't feel he respects my spirituality.

I love him a lot and he loves me but i'm worried in the future that we will clash on these issues, has anyone else had problems with this? Sometimes i think he feels im a bit looney, which i know i am not.

Thanks

It seems as if Shepard has the most true response for you and Selephina the most hopeful.
Spiritual beliefs are important in a relationship, very important. You certainly don't have to have the exact same beliefs, but you at least need to have some sort of meeting ground.
The Reiki will bring about a great many changes in your life; it always has for anyone that I have known who is a Reiki practioner. Reiki seems to flush out relationships that are not working. It changes your outlook on life. The best factor about Reiki is that it WILL give you the inner strength to deal with these painful changes.
Old 27-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Firecracker

My husband does not hold the same beliefs as I do. But he respects my opinions and if he doesn't agree we just agree to disagree :)

I tend to talk mostly about my experiences on forums like this and my own as there are other like minded people who can relate to what I say.

It doesn't really give me and my husband any issues.
Old 27-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecracker
My husband does not hold the same beliefs as I do. But he respects my opinions and if he doesn't agree we just agree to disagree :)

I tend to talk mostly about my experiences on forums like this and my own as there are other like minded people who can relate to what I say.

It doesn't really give me and my husband any issues.

The big difference is that you and your husband respect each others belief system and do not mock or ridicule the other.