Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Master

Thank you iamthat for your contribution. I've learned something I didn't know. But the waters are still muddy.
Old 25-09-2018, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Rah nam, I must admit the amount of knowledge I have of angels could fit on the head of a pin. I know there are different kinds of angels and each has their own specialty. I know some serve in the heavenly realms and some serve on planets all over space and some are liaisons between the two realms.

Moonglow, I like that you reminded me that they are celestial beings. I need to research that word. What does celestial really mean? And what/who can be included in the celestial group?

Well I looked it up and it merely means out there (in the sky). There are celestial beings and celestial planets.

The word celestial is primarily used to describe things that have to do with the heavens such as angels, spirits, stars and planets. It does not come from words meaning God or soul though, but from the Latin word for sky caelestis, which also gave rise to the word ceiling.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/celestial

I guess I always associated the word celestial with holy or related to the Creator/God but it isn't. This is getting more confusing as you stated. I know in the angel books I am reading, Lorna, the author has permission to reveal certain things but not others. So the angels are shrouding themselves in mystery.

I always assumed angels were created by the Creator/God. What if they weren't? What if they work in conjunction with the Creator? An alliance. What if, one day, eons ago, they met the Creator and joined forces?

Thank you for clarifying celestial. Perhaps Angels are associated with being celestial because in atleast the Christian belief Angel are associated with Heaven and this has been said to be above us and/or this plane.

Maybe cosmic beings or natures being, may work better. I usually associate them with being purely divine and powerful.

Yes, it does come as mystery to me as well. Maybe at this point in human development, not all are open or ready to receive the complete story/truth. Just a thought on this. So at times get courious about it and at other times just do my best to pay attention to what may come.

Suppose as far as Angels being in alliance with the creator, I would think whatever gave birth to the creative forces, gave birth to Angels as well. Could be they are very ancient and may have been formed/manifested long before human. To me not so far fetched that there may be some agreement made along the way.

Of course may depend upon how one may view creation and the/a creator.

It could also be what has been passed down with in the various faiths, practices, and religions. Don't know how much may have been known and lost in translation or surpressed. Just my thinking on this.

It is interesting and suppose if our Spirit/Soul be our connection to the divine nature and continuance, then a little help from friends in high places would be a plus to bring about further learning and development.

Just sharing my thoughts on this.

I basically figure what is needed to be brought to my attention and focus will be presented in some form. Whether through Angels, guides, or through someone passing by. It is all connected in some way and each has a part in the flow of life. Whether here or elsewhere in the vast Universe.

Sometimes it is obvious and the source is revealed, other times seem a bit shrouded in its mystery.

Maybe it is the message sent more so then the messenger at times at times that is the focus. Another topic perhaps?

Thank you
Old 25-09-2018, 11:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The Ancient Wisdom teaches that there are two streams of evolution, one expressing the purpose of Spirit and one expressing the intelligence of Matter.

Human beings are on the line of evolution of Spirit. The Deva Kingdom is on the line of evolution of Matter.

The Deva Kingdom is composed of myriads of lives, from the smallest elementals (which are units of intelligence which make up all substance) to the fairies, nature spirits, etc, to the greater Devas and up to the Angelic beings.

So we could say that guides are those on the human line of evolution who are more advanced than us and help us as part of their spiritual purpose, while angels are on the devic line of evolution. Angels have their own functions within Creation, but may sometimes intervene in human affairs in response to a need.

Peace.
Interesting - not being familiar with this line of thinking, I did a google search and came up with this:

https://iasos.com/articles/3_kingdoms/
Old 26-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Master

Hi David

Thanks for the reference - an interesting article. There are undoubtedly higher orders of Beings beyond the human and the deva kingdoms, but I would question to what extent these Beings concern themselves with the affairs of individual humans. I suspect that they serve a grander purpose. After all, in the greater scheme of things we humans are relatively insignificant.

It raises the question of where do we draw the line between the angelic devas and the higher celestial Angels, who are expressions of great Lives.

Peace.
Old 26-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Hi David

Thanks for the reference - an interesting article. There are undoubtedly higher orders of Beings beyond the human and the deva kingdoms, but I would question to what extent these Beings concern themselves with the affairs of individual humans. I suspect that they serve a grander purpose. After all, in the greater scheme of things we humans are relatively insignificant.

It raises the question of where do we draw the line between the angelic devas and the higher celestial Angels, who are expressions of great Lives.

Peace.
Yes, BUT ... I don't go along with the notion of relative 'insignificance'.

And no lines need be drawn between other 'parts' if one is focused on playing his or her own part.

That being said, it's fun to speculate (if it's just for fun, that is ).
Old 26-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Master
There is a devic energy and there is an engelic energy.
The devic energy has their function within creation, namely to transmit the intent of the creator or creative force, or as some call it, the godhead.
The angelic energy on the other hand has a completely different function, in it's primary state it is the link between creation and manifestation, as it evolves into more complex forms, the angelic assist all entities and beings on their path from source and back.
Old 26-09-2018, 11:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
... the link between creation and manifestation, as it evolves into more complex forms, the angelic assist all entities and beings on their path from source and back.
I agree with a lot of what you speculate, 'Rah' (LOL), but I, logically NOW, question and challenge your (implicit) assertion about the 'path' being 'back', as opposed to, 'forward'.
Old 26-09-2018, 11:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I agree with a lot of what you speculate, 'Rah' (LOL), but I, logically NOW, question and challenge your (implicit) assertion about the 'path' being 'back', as opposed to, 'forward'.

You can call it as you see it, fact is, you come from source and you will return at some point. Whether you move forward toward it, or you return there, like going home as some call it, is not important to me.
Old 27-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
You can call it as you see it, fact is, you come from source and you will return at some point. Whether you move forward toward it, or you return there, like going home as some call it, is not important to me.
I am in agreement with you on that.

What is important (IMO) is the 'nature', or 'character', of one's 'own' process, or intent, I think.

In my view, many people are wishing/aiming to go 'back' 'into' the WOMB from which they came, which indicates a regressive 'nature', 'character', intent', or 'process' to me. This is an 'infantile', withdrawing from the difficulty/challenge of figuring out and doing what will really augment Life, yearning for and seeking of 'being cradled' in 'comfort' and 'ease' , IMO.

Others are wishing/aiming to move 'forward', to go 'towards', the OCEAN from which the 'rain drop' of their now unique Life-'soul' e-merged, and contribute their 'individually' acquired 'richness' to IT.

How one 'frames' one's 'journey' (i.e. purpose) makes a BIG difference, in terms of actual con-sequences (both for others and oneself - i.e. for other souls and one's 'own' soul), I think!