Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 08-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Hidden in plain view is not a bad way way to put it. Sort of like a 3d stereogram. The harder you look for the 3d image, the less likely you are to see it, all you see is what appears to be a random pattern. But relax the eyes and the 3d image pops out at you. Now, try to tell someone else how to see it and they just get frustrated trying, they must see it for themselves. And then once you have seen the pattern in becomes much easier to see again, whether you see the pattern in that particular stereogram or somewhere else. It pops out at you sometimes where you didn't expect to see in, making a connection you never suspected was there.

Ketzer:

Some things I have written if you are interested.

thethreeandtheone.com the about page is a summary with links
Old 08-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos_Tone
That quote is very similar to what I have found in my own thoughts.

"The Tao that can be spoken is not the Eternal Tao."

It sounds like they mean, if you can say something about the Tao, it is actually not true everywhere.

I deduce there must be universes where you do not die, and universes where you only die.

Very nice

I always took it to mean words will always fall short of the actual experience. I think and I paraphrase, but Laozi says something to the effect, but we must try anyway.

Thanks.

Brian
Old 13-12-2018, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MChang
I always took it to mean words will always fall short of the actual experience. I think and I paraphrase, but Laozi says something to the effect, but we must try anyway.

Thanks.

Brian
My interpretation of "The Tao that can be spoken is not the Eternal Tao" is the same as yours.
Old 13-12-2018, 09:57 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MChang
Ketzer:

Some things I have written if you are interested.

thethreeandtheone.com the about page is a summary with links

Thanks, I thought it was interesting stuff.

A thought occurred to me when I was reading it. The word balance is often understood to mean staying in the center, not too much of one thing or another. Not to much joy lest there be too much sorrow to follow. But balance can also be understood to mean equal and opposite forces. A scale with one pound in the right basket and one pound in the left is balanced, but so is a scale with 1000 pounds in the left and 1000 lbs in the right. And then there is the leverage we can give one side or the other. 10 lbs in a basket 10 feet away from the fulcrum will balance out a basket with 100 lbs 1 foot away. Is it important to go through life even keeled in all things, or is it OK to seek out great joys as long as we understand that we will experience great sorrows as well? Perhaps the scale will balance itself. As long as we understand that, we can seek to add to one side, but we must accept the consequences on the other side.