Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 24-12-2010, 07:48 PM
themaster

You do recognize that guides are often in our thoughts.. meaning they "give us some thoughts"?

Most of us don't have a clue where are thoughts come from.. I would certainly agree

When a guide is doing its job properly.. it's really just directing from the background.. have a speaking conscious relationship with your guide is not required.. and if the guide gets you on your path.. it may actually no longer serve you.. not cause it doesn't want too.. but because it wants to take the "training wheels off" and let you ride that bike on your own.. because that's what you wanted in this process from a higher perspective..
Old 24-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
You do recognize that guides are often in our thoughts.. meaning they "give us some thoughts"?

Most of us don't have a clue where are thoughts come from.. I would certainly agree

When a guide is doing its job properly.. it's really just directing from the background.. have a speaking conscious relationship with your guide is not required.. and if the guide gets you on your path.. it may actually no longer serve you.. not cause it doesn't want too.. but because it wants to take the "training wheels off" and let you ride that bike on your own.. because that's what you wanted in this process from a higher perspective..

Oh, of course! That's one of the first things we learn about Guides, isn't it? :)
It's just a bit difficult (as it is for most people) to be able to identify these thoughts most of the time - especially since I'm a writer. Many of my thoughts have to do with the stories I work on.. so it's come off as natural to accept the "random thoughts" as just inspiration.
But now that I'm trying to become more aware, I recognize that my Guides have probably been the "muse" behind most of my stories. That little voice that offers wonderful ideas... So as a result, I simply credit them for all the inspiration I get.

I will, say, though, that it often saddens me to know that they may no longer serve you. I suppose if you were like most people (as in completely unaware of the existence of Guides), this wouldn't matter. But if you actually become close with your Guides, and they depart - well, it's the same as watching a close friend leave, right? Are you even able to contact them again after their departure?

Old 24-12-2010, 08:43 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
I will, say, though, that it often saddens me to know that they may no longer serve you. I suppose if you were like most people (as in completely unaware of the existence of Guides), this wouldn't matter. But if you actually become close with your Guides, and they depart - well, it's the same as watching a close friend leave, right? Are you even able to contact them again after their departure?
We all have some temporary guides.. all guides are approved by the "inner self" that's my understanding

But the game of it being "sad" is a human/judgment game.. your guides never stop loving or supporting you.. but they love and support you again by letting you "ride that bike" on your own.. because that was the goal of the game after all..

I have to say it sucks though not to feel that energy.. I've went to 4 conferences with my teacher.. at each one I felt good.. at the last one.. I didn't..

Why?

Because he said later the angels stayed out of the room.. because they wanted us to run on our own energy.. but I missed that feeling and so I thought it sucked.. still kind of do..
Old 24-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster

That's an interesting thought and I'm sure it can be true in some cases but... I'm a little surprised by it because I see it in the exact opposite way. Guides are far from training wheels, rather they change your regular bike into a motorbike . Achieving communication with spirit is a massive step up spiritually and each new level of communication is another rung up the ladder of development. Spirit communication does not restrict our growth but rather opens up incredible new avenues in all sorts of ways.

Certainly clear communication with guides could be used wrongly - that is, people asking for guidance on every little thing instead of making their own decisions - but I don't know of anyone who speaks to guides who does this. Guides are too smart to actually speak clearly to anyone who has not moved past this kind of dependence and I think if anyone did their guide would simply cease to answer those particular enquiries until the person was able to function on their own. I'm speaking from experience here - I actually started doing that when I first began speaking to my guides and they stopped answering the questions until I learned that that was not what they were there for! I've never heard of anyone who could speak to guides suddenly having their guides cease communication. They would never do something like that. Once they've decided the time is appropriate for communication, they are there for the duration whenever we need them.

One of my guides has told me that he is "temporary" and here only until the next stage of my development, which made me sad at first because I love him dearly. But he assured me I would still be able to speak to him whenever I like - he just won't be the one actively guiding me at that time because I will have other guides with more appropriate skills to be applied to that period of my life. I feel a little better knowing I can still speak to him.
Old 24-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
But the game of it being "sad" is a human/judgment game.. your guides never stop loving or supporting you.. but they love and support you again by letting you "ride that bike" on your own.. because that was the goal of the game after all..

True, but goodness... I'm just wondering whether we'll see them back at "home." I hear that main Guides are usually ones who've been with you in other lifetimes, so it's only natural we'd see them again in the spirit world. But what about the others who come and go? If you were close with them, you would see them again, eh?

Old 24-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Certainly clear communication with guides could be used wrongly - that is, people asking for guidance on every little thing instead of making their own decisions - but I don't know of anyone who speaks to guides who does this. Guides are too smart to actually speak clearly to anyone who has not moved past this kind of dependence and I think if anyone did their guide would simply cease to answer those particular enquiries until the person was able to function on their own. I'm speaking from experience here - I actually started doing that when I first began speaking to my guides and they stopped answering the questions until I learned that that was not what they were there for! I've never heard of anyone who could speak to guides suddenly having their guides cease communication. They would never do something like that.

I was thinking the same thing (or, at least, hoping).. that doesn't fit my view of Guides. The whole "training wheels" concept, I mean. I'd be tempted to ask for guidance on the most trivial of things, as well, but after reading further (and making some realizations), I know to avoid this when I begin making contact.

Quote:
One of my guides has told me that he is "temporary" and here only until the next stage of my development, which made me sad at first because I love him dearly. But he assured me I would still be able to speak to him whenever I like - he just won't be the one actively guiding me at that time because I will have other guides with more appropriate skills to be applied to that period of my life. I feel a little better knowing I can still speak to him.

Ah, precisely. Would that mean he would simply be a companion in spirit? I would imagine it would be the same as communicating with a loved one who has passed on.

Old 24-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing (or, at least, hoping).. that doesn't fit my view of Guides. The whole "training wheels" concept, I mean. I'd be tempted to ask for guidance on the most trivial of things, as well, but after reading further (and making some realizations), I know to avoid this when I begin making contact.

Ah, precisely. Would that mean he would simply be a companion in spirit? I would imagine it would be the same as communicating with a loved one who has passed on.

I think it's a natural temptation for most of us to try doing that - your guides wouldn't mind, they would just make clear to you gently that you are here to make your own decisions and mistakes and learn from them. I often ask, "what do you think?" and I am always told, "do what feels right to you." The advice they give is about how to manage my own emotions, perception, healing and spiritual growth, never what I should be doing in a given situation.

And yes, I think that's correct. If you can speak to guides you can speak to anyone in spirit (provided they are willing to speak to you!). We never really lose anyone.
Old 24-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
I think it's a natural temptation for most of us to try doing that - your guides wouldn't mind, they would just make clear to you gently that you are here to make your own decisions and mistakes and learn from them. I often ask, "what do you think?" and I am always told, "do what feels right to you." The advice they give is about how to manage my own emotions, perception, healing and spiritual growth, never what I should be doing in a given situation.

And yes, I think that's correct. If you can speak to guides you can speak to anyone in spirit (provided they are willing to speak to you!). We never really lose anyone.

Wow. You remind me of Xan - your posts are always so kind and wise. You and the others are like spiritual parents to me, haha.

But I resonate with what you said. It was a little feeling that said, "Ah, yes. This makes sense." :)
Thank you for that.

~Ev

Old 24-12-2010, 11:19 PM
themaster

Quote:
True, but goodness... I'm just wondering whether we'll see them back at "home." I hear that main Guides are usually ones who've been with you in other lifetimes, so it's only natural we'd see them again in the spirit world. But what about the others who come and go? If you were close with them, you would see them again, eh?
Were close to everything that is us.. all guides are us.. we are the guides.. to put it more succinctly..

Bashar's rules for all realities #2

The one are all, the all are one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
That's an interesting thought and I'm sure it can be true in some cases but... I'm a little surprised by it because I see it in the exact opposite way. Guides are far from training wheels, rather they change your regular bike into a motorbike . Achieving communication with spirit is a massive step up spiritually and each new level of communication is another rung up the ladder of development. Spirit communication does not restrict our growth but rather opens up incredible new avenues in all sorts of ways.
I never said it restricted :)

You need to remember that the reason were having a "physical" experience is to enjoy physical..

Ask a guide.. "what’s better for me “talk to you” or go ride a bike" and be surprised by the answer

There seems to be a real world irony.. where many of us come to physical happily.. get here.. then insist "we don't belong here" want to go back..

That to me is not a healthy viewpoint.. it is not accepting; not happy for what you have :)

So I say guides should "enhance" your experience.. they are not the end goal to the game.. I've heard many as they get more into "oneness" they let go or dissolve those guides communication..

Personally, that I'm aware I've never had a conscious relationship with my guides.. they work in the background and that's fine for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Certainly clear communication with guides could be used wrongly
No, it can't.. not unless you play the "duality" game.. or that's wrong/bad game..

Interestingly, enough.. even though let's say higher perspectives know that's just a game and that "nothing you can ever do is wrong"

If you believe in the judgment/wrong/bad game.. you will attract guides who will feed you that information through that "filter" :)
Old 24-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
I never said it restricted :)

You need to remember that the reason were having a "physical" experience is to enjoy physical..

Ask a guide.. "what’s better for me “talk to you” or go ride a bike" and be surprised by the answer

There seems to be a real world irony.. where many of us come to physical happily.. get here.. then insist "we don't belong here" want to go back..

That to me is not a healthy viewpoint.. it is not accepting; not happy for what you have :)

So I say guides should "enhance" your experience.. they are not the end goal to the game.. I've heard many as they get more into "oneness" they let go or dissolve those guides communication..

Personally, that I'm aware I've never had a conscious relationship with my guides.. they work in the background and that's fine for me

Well, we weren't saying that we don't appreciate the fact that we're here. I think many of us are well aware of why we're here, and we respect that. It's just... if the Guides are there, "working in the background" (if I may quote you) I feel that we should give them consideration and credit and welcome them into our lives as we would with anyone else, you know?
Even when I achieve that state of "oneness," I'd still be willing to communicate with these entities because they played a role in getting me there in the first place.
To me, it's not a matter of "we need to ride the bike." It's more of a... "we need to ride the tandem bike." Because we're together... at least that's what I feel. We all come from the same place.