Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Master
Angels and Intervention

I have read somewhere or been told before that Angels won't intervene unless asked - is that right? If it is what sort of intervention can they provide?

I ask the angels for helping fairly frequently and they answer I'm sure in ways that aren't always obvious. But can they assist in way that are really obvious and seen?

thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Master
I don't think that's necessarily true. After all, if our lives are threatened, most people won't think to ask their angels for help. And if it's not time for us to leave Earth, I would assume the angels would intervene.

So I feel they only intervene when our lives are threatened. But when it comes to making decisions about life (career paths, etc.) they - along with Guides - can only give us nudges and signs.

I hope this helps.
~Evaah

Old 05-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Gracey

different types of angels will not intervine unless god tells them to. others do respond to us.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:26 PM
star-child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
I have read somewhere or been told before that Angels won't intervene unless asked - is that right? If it is what sort of intervention can they provide?

I ask the angels for helping fairly frequently and they answer I'm sure in ways that aren't always obvious. But can they assist in way that are really obvious and seen?

thanks

Hello,

I have read this too. I often send healing angels to people but then I wonder if they are actually receiving healing; because they haven't asked for it maybe they aren't receiving it.

Star
Old 05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
papadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
I had some sort of visitation over 20 years ago. If it was an 'Angel' I do not know, but I had not asked for help.
I had been in a bad situation in Houston and was traveling I10 west toward Tallahassee. Alone.
It started to sprinkle rain; I saw a well dressed, young, man walking and despite I had never picked up a hitch-hiker I found myself pulling over and stopping. He got in, said thanks, and I proceeded on my way west.

We small-talked for a while and I found myself telling him all my problems of which he listened quietly. He then told me to not worry everything would be fine, just have patience and I would see for myself.

We soon got to my off-ramp in Tallahassee, so I could head north.
I stopped for gas and I told him to stand at the on-ramp and he probably get a ride on to Jacksonville that he had told me was his destination.

I reached into my shirt pocket and got out a 5 dollar bill, from previous gas purchase change and offered it to him for some breakfast. He politely told me he did not expect money, but I stuck it in his white shirt pocked and told him thanks for the company.

We exited my car at the same time and he disappeared. I even went to the other side of the car thinking he had slipped and fell. Nothing. He was gone.
This would not register with my logical thinking, I quickly checked my shirt pocket, thinking I had imagined the whole thing, and the 5 dollar bill I had given him was truly gone.

I share this story very seldom. Most would not believe this could happen.
I merely share it here to say that we never know who is around us. Asked or not.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Master
Papadan's story actually reminded me of an experience I had when I was in second grade.
We had recently moved, and so I was a new kid at my elementary school..
Anyway, my family and I were out getting exercise; my brother and I were riding our bikes and my parents were power-walking behind us. The road that led to my school was very steep, and as I raced down it on my bike, I glanced to the side for a split second - and the next thing I knew, I was on the ground, lying next to the street. My mom said if I had fallen any farther to the left, I would've been in the road and might have been hit. Well.. the right side of my face was entirely bloody, as was my shoulder and left thumb. My brother had seen me crash, and as I approached him, I asked him to help. But he was only a year older than I was, and therefore was scared of the sight of me.

My parents had rushed down to us and were figuring out how to get me home since it was about a fifteen minute walk back to our apartment. Just then, a car drove up beside us; inside were three young men. They offered to help us out, and so one of them went with my mom and brother to get the bikes back home while my dad accompanied me in the car with the other two. These two men drove us back home. The young man in the passenger's seat turned around and said to my dad: "You have a beautiful daughter."
Strangely enough, that's the only thing I remember them saying.

But whether they were actually angels... who knows? I like to believe they were.

Last edited by Evaah : 05-12-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Moon Willow

Hi ces,
My understanding is that our angels won't intervene unless we ask, with the only exception being that if it's a life-threating situation.

And yes, their response to our requests can come in some very creative ways (that's why it's great to encourage our own creativeness and be much more open-minded) but also in some more obvious ways. For me the more obvious experiences are like.....

I woke up one morning and heard the words 'hatha yoga' whispered in my ear, and the feeling that I needed to start this came with it. Sure enough within the next couple of days I received an e-mail saying that there will be hatha yoga classes in my local hall! Of course I joined up and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

At the start of this year I was thinking that I needed to join a meditation group but couldn't find anywhere local to do this. Sure enough, a lady just walked into my shop asking if we could put up her flyer in our window...and yes....she was a meditation teacher. She is absolutely amazing and has changed my life.

And one of the most obvious was when i was very upset and was talking to the angels and saying that I don't want to be sad and just couldn't take it any more...sure enough I was surrounded by the most love I have ever felt. It felt like I was embraced by huge wings and a divine love that is hard to put into words...and my heart-ache was just lifted.

Thanks angels
Old 05-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Enya

Direct intervention on a personal level can only be given if asked for. After all, it's not their job to figure out what you want. In the end, it is your life and choices... but that doesn't mean you can't ask for an additional 'boost' when required.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:39 PM
MYFIGO

Asking Angels for help ...

I have one angel experience that is recent and I'm very fond of. About 6 months ago, a man came into my life. I've been very lonely but had made up my mind not to look for relationships as my judgment had turned out not so well.

I'd been praying for God to send the right person to me and nothing had been happening so finally after two years, when it did happen, I was filled with tremendous doubt. One Sunday afternoon as my head was filled with all of the self doubt and fears, I announced to myself, "All right Angels, if he's the one and he's the good guy he says he is, please send me a sign."

I was headed out to the front yard to clean up some tree damage from a storm. It was barely 2 minutes later when a pretty little girl of about 8 came along on her bicycle. "May I help you?" she asked.

"No thank you, but you could come up and say hello."

She came into the yard and laid her bike down. "What is your name?" I asked.

"Destiny" and just as quickly, "I have to go home now."
Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
I have one angel experience that is recent and I'm very fond of. About 6 months ago, a man came into my life. I've been very lonely but had made up my mind not to look for relationships as my judgment had turned out not so well.

I'd been praying for God to send the right person to me and nothing had been happening so finally after two years, when it did happen, I was filled with tremendous doubt. One Sunday afternoon as my head was filled with all of the self doubt and fears, I announced to myself, "All right Angels, if he's the one and he's the good guy he says he is, please send me a sign."

I was headed out to the front yard to clean up some tree damage from a storm. It was barely 2 minutes later when a pretty little girl of about 8 came along on her bicycle. "May I help you?" she asked.

"No thank you, but you could come up and say hello."

She came into the yard and laid her bike down. "What is your name?" I asked.

"Destiny" and just as quickly, "I have to go home now."

Oh, wow. That gave me goosebumps.