Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 09-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
Well, I see ghosts where I work (at a nursing home) which is understandable. They are gray beings that come when I work alone, because I am into my own reverie, when getting ready to serve in the main dining room. I have also seen family members, appearing just like a snapshot. And then they are gone just as quick. You can't help but know for sure if it is real or not. Trust your instincts.

Me too I work part time nights in a very old nursing home. There are certain rooms more haunted. I see spirits all the time peripheral vision. I also see golden angels and lights while a person is dying. One time i went to my station to chart after checking on a man who was in the process of dying and BOOM I saw a huge flash of light coming from his room and I was like oh he's gone, yep he surely was. One night I actually saw a nurse at the nursing station. One night I was in a very haunted room and a radio was on static and while me and my CNA was in there a voice came through on the radio, a man saying "please help me" well we ran out the room scared as you know what.
I've had bad experiences too that I won't go into.
But I take it all with a grain of salt and don't let it affect me.
Spiritlite.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:26 AM
Summerland

I saw a ghost two nights ago at work, spiritlight. I was in a conference room cleaning the table and saw someone very tall race past the room and then around the corner. I ran out in the hall and there was no one anywhere. Our doors are mag locks, very heavy and very loud. No doors closed and no patients were up and no other staff were anywhere at that end of the hall. I went down to the nurse station and asked the nurse if anyone had walked down the hall and she said no. I said, "Well, then I just saw another ghost " and told her about it. She asked if that happened often and I told her that it happens every few months . So no big deal, I guess.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
A true psychic will always be labeled schizophrenic, psychotic or suffering from some type of neurosis if they share their experiences with a mental health professional.
Nonsence. I'm under a Neuro-psychologist who knows absolutely everything there is to know about me. Have I been labelled? Not one iota. Please take those thoughts out of your head as in this day and age MOST country's will not label psychics with any labels. Jue x
Old 09-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
What an absolute load of twaddle!

Jules, most mental health DOCTORS would label the person as
1: magical thinking
2: schizophrenic
3: Bipolar with a psychotic episode
4:delusional

However if you talk to the nurses, they have a different viewpoint, tending to believe that more is possible than in the DSMV
Old 09-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Nam3lessOne

Interesting.

And I was in the understanding that one in the physical could not see a 'spirit' physically with the naked eye. But then I guess psychic capability can pierce all sorts of shrouds. This much is known.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:04 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam3lessOne
Interesting.

And I was in the understanding that one in the physical could not see a 'spirit' physically with the naked eye. But then I guess psychic capability can pierce all sorts of shrouds. This much is known.

Nam3lessOne, I "see" them both ways. Sometimes I see them with my inner eye, but there are times that can see quite clearly with my eyes. Some can hear, but that rarely happens to me. I can sometimes hear their words or understand what they are thinking with my inner ear, if you will. But what is really odd for me is when I see them and they don't see me.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Jules

Summer, that's really interesting. I've been in hospital several times over the past 4 years and have been open and honest with everyone. We've had some very lengthy discussions and I have even done reads whilst I've been in for both Doctors and Nursing staff.

I've been under the community mental health team suffering with severe depression following numerous physical health diagnosis, my divorce, losing my house, an RTA, .. and the list goes on. Through all this my spiritual path has got me through. Every single day I'm working on myself on some level. And it shows. Regularly.

I'm now under the neuro-psych who I had an apt with on Monday and I asked point blank if I was suffering from any of the conditions you mentioned. Her answer .. NONE WHATSOEVER. I am the one who uncovers what I;m suffering from and what we need to be working towards. BUT I'm liberal minded enough to say not EVERY doctor will be the same as the ones I see at various hospitals around Manchester, UK. I'm fortunate in the respect I have a very clear understanding of how my mind works. Unfortunately for some other people, they may not be in that position. However, that still doesn't alter the fact that one cannot state categorically
Quote:
A true psychic will always be labeled schizophrenic, psychotic or suffering from some type of neurosis if they share their experiences with a mental health professiona
because it's labelling all Doctors the same.

Imagine the scenario. You have one very unstable member who is desperate for help, who is also a medium. The said member logs on, finds this thread, reads what has been written and then refuses medical help, even though that member is suicidal and has half convinced themselves they're goting to see someone. What then? who's head would it be on if that member then commited suicide because they've not been able to talk openly and honestly with a Doctor?

Of course this is all just my opinion, and my very strong belief.
Namaste
Jue x
Old 09-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Master
Coming2: A true psychic will always be labeled schizophrenic, psychotic or suffering from some type of neurosis if they share their experiences with a mental health professional.

Elyse... Where you get into trouble here is with the word "always". These days many mental health professionals (me included) are awakening spiritually and may be having their own true psychic experiences, or at least are opening their minds to the extraordinary.

Xan

Old 09-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Summerland

Unfortunately Jules, doctors in the States are not likely to be so open-minded. At least not on-staff doctors who do the actual admitting. We have one doctor on staff, from China, who is willing to understand his patients spiritual beliefs in context with what they are saying. And there is another doctor who almost had me fired just for mentioning the term 'alternative treatments'. You have no idea of how hard I fought to get aromatherapy to be part of our policy. I had one consulting doctor behind me 110 %, perhaps because he is older and wiser. I don't know why exactly, but he fought hard along side of me. And we had a wonderful elderly doctor who referred his patients to alternative healers. It was a great loss to us all when he died several years ago. So perhaps you are right and I am painting it negatively with too broad a paintbrush.
I guess that I get very frustrated because I see so many children coming in hearing voices, seeing shadows and ghosts and no one is willing to take any consideration that perhaps they are truly having these experiences and it is not a psychosis. Doctors simply prescribe anti-psychotics to stop the visual and audio hallucinations.
You are fortunate that youhave been able to have doctors treat you who do have open mids, Jules. Could you spare some to send over here?
Old 09-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Master
Only if you're very very lucky will you find a doctor who beleives in the spiritual.
Spiritlite.