Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Master
Approvals... just the normal ones of seeking attention as motivation, stuff set up in youth that deepened into bodily tensions even as I've managed to balance out the inter-relationship of soul to body etc. Old injuries I suppose.

Hyper agility in the body was also hyper agility of the mind and I've taken on and made discoveries in some many disjointed fields that have eventually come together but I didn't spend enough time tidying up the house, sweeping in the corners so I've got a few untidy corners that need seeing to.

I've been doing yoga and found the knots are in my shoulders and a lesser degree in my hips so this is about setting directions and receiving motivations from the world. This links in with the eyes and the ear as being able to feel what right for me and accepting it in plain sight and words.

As for the left side being past and the right being future aren't both of them past and future? Is not the emotional past in our left side towards the back of us and our future towards the front?
Old 18-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
I've been doing yoga and found the knots are in my shoulders and a lesser degree in my hips so this is about setting directions and receiving motivations from the world. This links in with the eyes and the ear as being able to feel what right for me and accepting it in plain sight and words.

Mr. Interesting--

Sounds like you've put some thought into this. Make sense to me about the balance aspect (and the cleaning up!).

I was curious when you said shoulders/hips "is about setting directions and receiving motivation from the world". Where did you hear this/figure this? I do have much tension in shoulders and sometimes hips. I understand (psychically) where it comes from but setting a direction and them receiving motivation--something I would really like to make progress on.

Quote:
As for the left side being past and the right being future aren't both of them past and future? Is not the emotional past in our left side towards the back of us and our future towards the front?

So many different ideas of this. Yes, front and back could be past and future. Someone on this forum had talked about when spirit appeared to them, either on right or left that they interpreted it that way.

Like I said, many interpretations. I was just trying to figure why one side did this (pressure) and the other didn't. But as you point out it probably has more to do with balance, or with blockages that need to be removed in order for both sides to work properly.

I did go on the web looking for this kind of thing. Lots of clairaudience talk regarding the "Universal sound current" and some about pressure.

Thanks for adding your ideas.

Lora

P.S. I've always loved your signature line quote. I feel that way. I feel absolutely driven to find the next "hit".
Old 19-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Master
Shoulders and hip stuff is kinda my own then finding Louise Hays and then building on her stuff again and incorporating some chakra stuff.

Your hands manipulate the world plus recieve sensory input from touching and the elbows define the direction of action to connect the power of the shoulders which act as the point of strength between the output and input thereof so those shoulders, within the mix of directed intent and received feedback, we get our motivation which gives us our usefulness from the world mixed with our desire to fulfil that world through action... motivation.

Once we have motivation we move and the hips are the main thoroughfare involved and they balance out our needs to get somewhere and the earths idea of what we need to achieve that... so again a major focus of interaction with the world... and the neck is the other one. The star!
Old 19-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Master
Interesting, Mr. Interesting. I just looked up Louse Hay's book(s) and ordered.

I see shoulders, too as intersection of head-driven and hand-received or given action. I seem to have a short here!

New way of looking at what I have been looking at for a long time--healing selves. Thanks!

Lora
Old 19-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Master
Cool Lora, seems like you work similar to me where you dirive your own ideas about what is and could be, then find knowledge from others to supplement and strengthen what you've discovered yourself... then keep on building!

For me this gives me a core of understanding that can't be put into words and I kinda feel sorry for those who take books and knowledge as a beginning tool to self knowledge... it's like it can't work without the outlay we ourselves are willing to make to understand ourselves by being in life, reacting to life, and then being confident enough to put ourselves within our own connectivity.
Old 19-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Master
Sean--

I am feeling more confident about pursuing random interests that occur to me. I felt drawn to runes, without really knowing what they are or are for. Once I got the book, I kept passing a stone on my walks that was almost perfectly rectangular. I finally dragged it home the other day and decided it is going to be my talisman rock. I've been figuring out the figures I want to put on it.

This morning I burned it on the gas stove and these beautiful colors of red and gold came out. So rather than paint it with a color, I'll use that and then carve the figures in it. The letter represent things you want to manifest in your life. It's really just a form of affirmation, or setting intention.

Just random things that tie to something that seems to be part of my past or just draws me in.

And after doing the research on this ear thing, I watched some videos on claireaudience. I always thought of myself as more visual, but some of the things--like super sensitivity to sound, not being able to wear earphones, etc., and the popping, pressure and other stuff---make me think I will spend a little time trying to develop this a little. Something is trying to happen--I think.

Well, hope you have an Interesting day, Mr. Interesting. I'm sure you will.

Lora
Old 19-05-2012, 11:46 PM
mightything

the only thing i can think to say about your feeling energy in the back of your head, is you have a kinda chakra there. which is supposed to be mad important.
i think it starts where the head meet the top of neck.
ive been having this weird ringing and sometimes pain in my right ear i think?
i heard something about clairaudience and that kinda thing.
Old 20-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Master
mightything... The ringing sound you're hearing may be the Inner Sound Current. Simply listening to it can be a subtle yet transforming meditation focus. You could look into it further at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3703

You're right about the consciousness gateway at the occiput, the base of the skull, though I've forgotten the name for it. I've developed it this way:

Lie down on the back, crossing the ankles right over left.
Place one palm at the occiput with the other on a chakra, such as the heart or navel center

Rest like this while breathing in the belly for seven to ten minutes.

This has an overall integrating and balancing effect when practiced on a regular basis.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 20-05-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 20-05-2012, 01:01 AM
mightything

thanks xan im gona check that out. i took notice of that term in the OP.
got me interested. i actually copied the term to search for it.
Old 20-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Master
Mightything--

My tingling/vibration-y/energy movement thing was basically where the two hemispheres meet at the center of the head, going down lengthwise, not really at the base of the skull. Also on the head basically following the curve of the ear. I know the temporal lobe is there and I know it has a lot to do with spiritual stuff. I can't decide if this is healing, someone present or growth. Or none of the above.

As I posted earlier, I'm beginning to wonder about clairaudience just because so many things have involved it. Even something i posted about a while ago which was a real awareness of jet engine noises--and a feeling in my gut that I got when I heard it.

As one of the YouTube videos pointed out, it can be "involved" with hearing if you feel or sense something in another part of your body when you "hear" or feel a certain vibration. Just something for me to think about. IDK whether this "rings any bells" (ha!) for you.

Xan--

I did find mention of a Gates of Consciousness used by Reiki or energy healing type people. They describe pressing at both sides of the spine where it meets the head--to get rid of migraines, etc.

Others describe chakras themselves as "Gateways to Consciousness"--Jung, spiritual people, etc.

This vibration isn't painful or anything, just like I said--like an eyelid that keeps twitching--hard to ignore.

Thanks for the ideas.

Lora