Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk
im wondering, after we die, do we retain our individuality or do we merge with some cosmic energy / consciousness / god & we are no longer 1 individual. is that correct in your view?

here is the quote that inspired this question...

"I believe our energy/soul/consciousness becomes one with the energy of those that have gone before. Yes, I believe you'll see your loved ones again. And become one with God, in some mystical way we can't understand till we get there. "

we are energy. we maintain our individuality even in spirit. we are one with God even in flesh everything is upto our will first.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 30-10-2011, 02:47 PM
GGpeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk
im wondering, after we die, do we retain our individuality or do we merge with some cosmic energy / consciousness / god & we are no longer 1 individual. is that correct in your view?

here is the quote that inspired this question...

"I believe our energy/soul/consciousness becomes one with the energy of those that have gone before. Yes, I believe you'll see your loved ones again. And become one with God, in some mystical way we can't understand till we get there. "

Yes we retain individuality. Mac got it mostly right here. Not after this life or the next. How many depends on the individual. As you can imagine, this will take a lot more incarnation to earth among other things for most people. What you need is awareness of self and the will of God. Sounds simple, but obviously not. Once you have what you need you will become one with God, yet always maintaining awareness of self, individuality. Like the christ spirit (Jesus).

Dont overthink it, just find self
Old 30-10-2011, 03:10 PM
mac

"Not after this life or the next. How many depends on the individual."

There's no certainty that everyone lives more one than one physical, earth life or indeed even a single one....

Spiritist (not Spiritualist) teaching was that we all live multiple lives but as nothing is compulsory, only individual choice can apply or that principle would be compromised.

And natural laws can't be compromised....
Old 30-10-2011, 11:09 PM
GGpeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"Not after this life or the next. How many depends on the individual."

There's no certainty that everyone lives more one than one physical, earth life or indeed even a single one....

Spiritist (not Spiritualist) teaching was that we all live multiple lives but as nothing is compulsory, only individual choice can apply or that principle would be compromised.

And natural laws can't be compromised....

Youre not certain we live even a single life? Im not sure what youre trying to say. I am certain we live many earthly lives.
Old 31-10-2011, 08:07 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGpeace
Youre not certain we live even a single life? Im not sure what youre trying to say. I am certain we live many earthly lives.

You've misquoted me. I didn't say that I'm not certain we live even a single life....

I wrote:

"There's no certainty that everyone lives more one than one physical, earth life or indeed even a single one...."

There are folk who have crticised me in no uncertain fashion because the world of the spirit to which I often refer is one of discarnates who once lived earth lives. They tell me that their spirit-side contacts have never lived in-the-body, here on earth.....

I wrote what I did because there's no means to prove their claim right or wrong and I presented my piece in the way I did to allow for that

As for your own certainty, well I've already addressed the situation of being one of choice - some will choose many lives whereas others may not. You can feel certain that you will live, or have lived, more than once but you can't know the situation for all individuals. I think it's important to reflect on the point that even as discarnates we remain individuals - we don't become, or return to being, homogeneous 'spirit' with a single path of progression ahead of us.

Some time back I held a similar view to your own before eventually realising why I was wrong.
Old 31-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac

There are folk who have crticised me in no uncertain fashion because the world of the spirit to which I often refer is one of discarnates who once lived earth lives. They tell me that their spirit-side contacts have never lived in-the-body, here on earth.....

I wrote what I did because there's no means to prove their claim right or wrong and I presented my piece in the way I did to allow for that

Do they claim that these spirit contacts lived in-the-body in some other realm or on some other planet? Or that they have always been discarnate?

It's interesting to speculate that there might be individuals who have never had bodies, anywhere.

The fact that we don't think of this shows, I suppose, just how important bodily existence is to our view of reality

Jim
Old 31-10-2011, 02:11 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Do they claim that these spirit contacts lived in-the-body in some other realm or on some other planet? Or that they have always been discarnate?

It's interesting to speculate that there might be individuals who have never had bodies, anywhere.

The fact that we don't think of this shows, I suppose, just how important bodily existence is to our view of reality

Jim

I don't remember if we ever discussed the issue of an alternative physical existence elsewhere for these discarnates, Jim..... We had enough to discuss about matters where we appeared to share common ground.

I do agree with the point you make that it's interesting to wonder if some individuals have never experienced life in-the-body. I used to reflect on it quite a lot at one time.

I also agree that corporeal existence greatly shapes the view of 'reality' for some of us and being able to accept life, death and so-called life hereafter is hard enough for many.
Old 31-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Erin

I believe that we retain our individuality, but maybe after we have lived many lives and learned many lessons, we become so spiritually evolved that we no longer need or desire it. Then we may have the choice to give up our individuality and become one with Source.
Old 31-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Experiencer
Interesting!

I'm curious to know why or how you realized that you were wrong? :)

Love and light,
Kiki04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You've misquoted me. I didn't say that I'm not certain we live even a single life....

I wrote:

"There's no certainty that everyone lives more one than one physical, earth life or indeed even a single one...."

As for your own certainty, well I've already addressed the situation of being one of choice - some will choose many lives whereas others may not. You can feel certain that you will live, or have lived, more than once but you can't know the situation for all individuals. I think it's important to reflect on the point that even as discarnates we remain individuals - we don't become, or return to being, homogeneous 'spirit' with a single path of progression ahead of us.

Some time back I held a similar view to your own before eventually realising WHY I WAS WRONG.
Old 31-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Experiencer
I agree

I agree with this statement. I call it the ego death. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
I believe that we retain our individuality, but maybe after we have lived many lives and learned many lessons, we become so spiritually evolved that we no longer need or desire it. Then we may have the choice to give up our individuality and become one with Source.