Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 28-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I haven't gotten up to date on this thread yet, but I do want to add that a fiend of mine and I have been observing the time fluctuations experimentally over the last year or so.

We drive together a lot and we time the trips. Inexplicably, a trip that takes 35 minutes one day, might take 7 minutes on the same day of the following week. Traffic has never been an issue during any of the trips we count in our experiment.

I am a consistent driver, I do not speed and I travel the same route at the same times of day. The thing is, we have these intense conversations, and we are always "wrapping things up" just as we get to the driveway of where we are going.

So if I were a scientist trying to understand "time" for myself... The evidence in our experiement suggests that the time it will take *appears* to be more dependent on our interpersonal dynamic (connection and communication) than it does on speed and distance.

I too remember two experiences with driving time. One day I got out of work late and had to pick up my daughter from school. The drive was 20 minutes without traffic from work to her school, I left work 10 minutes later then usual to find my self stuck in traffic. I started to break out in sweat and was trying to see if someone else could pick her up in time, but no one was available. Then I remember a song my eldest daughter hat sent me "Jesus take the Wheel" just the day before. I prayed and let go of the wheel. I don't remember if I drove fast or slow, if there was traffic or not...I just don't remember anything other then arriving to having to wait in line for the school to be over.What should have taken me at least 40 minutes I drove in 10 minutes.

Another time I had a book signing and I was running late. The traffic was really bad and it was bumper to bumper. As I approached a side street two cars were waiting there to get into the traffic. I though what they heck I am late anyways and let both cars in. All of a sudden the lane I was on opened up completely and I was able to drive full traffic speed while driving passed cars still standing in the other two lanes next to me.This went on all the way to the store and I made it on time.
Old 28-02-2012, 11:24 PM
SerpentQueen

lol... forests has disappeared... timeline jump!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU
Old 28-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
lol... forests has disappeared... timeline jump!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

Who's forests Serpent Queen?

Hehehe could not resist : )

Last edited by Shabby : 29-02-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Master
LOL....that is awesome, Dulce. Brilll ;)
And such careful accounting of the test scenarios
Yes...I agree with your hypothesis !!!

Cheers!
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 02-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I too remember two experiences with driving time. One day I got out of work late and had to pick up my daughter from school. The drive was 20 minutes without traffic from work to her school, I left work 10 minutes later then usual to find my self stuck in traffic. I started to break out in sweat and was trying to see if someone else could pick her up in time, but no one was available. Then I remember a song my eldest daughter hat sent me "Jesus take the Wheel" just the day before. I prayed and let go of the wheel. I don't remember if I drove fast or slow, if there was traffic or not...I just don't remember anything other then arriving to having to wait in line for the school to be over.What should have taken me at least 40 minutes I drove in 10 minutes.

Another time I had a book signing and I was running late. The traffic was really bad and it was bumper to bumper. As I approached a side street two cars were waiting there to get into the traffic. I though what they heck I am late anyways and let both cars in. All of a sudden the lane I was on opened up completely and I was able to drive full traffic speed while driving passed cars still standing in the other two lanes next to me.This went on all the way to the store and I made it on time.

;) Yes they opened up a "new" lane for you it seems
That seems more a spatial distortion...but it worked!
And I like the hands free thing as well...I have had many similar (hands on) experiences....I broadly call them "road zen" experiences ;)

Cheers!
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 02-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
;) Yes they opened up a "new" lane for you it seems
That seems more a spatial distortion...but it worked!
And I like the hands free thing as well...I have had many similar (hands on) experiences....I broadly call them "road zen" experiences ;)

Cheers!
7L

LOL I love that..."road zen".