Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Coming2

Feeling them once their gone...

Hi All!! I hope everyone is excited about the upcoming weekend!!

This is something that has been on my mind for several years now and I wanted to get some feedback about it.

My father passed away when I was in my late 20's. He was very eccentric and a rage-aholic but through all his negative traits he was a brilliant man who just had a hard time both letting people in and relating to others due to his high intelligence. He was also not a spiritual person. All my life when someone has passed on, that was close to me, I have had some kind of contact, whether it is in dreams or consciously getting messages from them. Since he passed I have gotten nothing. I worry about the state of my fathers soul to be honest. I am curious what others think about him passing and not giving me some type of feeling or sign of his presence. I have never lost anyone I wasnt able to 100% say that their soul had found peace. Any thoughts??
Old 08-07-2011, 10:45 PM
MYFIGO

Hello...

I think that he may have just as much difficulty letting others in now as then. It seems to me that when I have contact with those who have passed on and then describe their personalities and what they say, their family members will say "it sounds just like him (her). Their personality remains.

I would assume that he hears you and I would talk to him ... even aloud. I've read and had one spirit tell me to talk out loud. The book said that the spirits receive a physical sensation from your voice. The spirit requested that I do it. I would think he needs you to initiate the conversation and if he was eccentric... try to work with that to show him your interest in communicating.

Would love to hear how you get along with it.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Coming2

Ahhh thank you for your response J!! I sent you a PM but I will share that I have tried to reach out to him many times and have gotten nothing back. Perhaps it is what I am saying that keeps him from responding. There were alot of unresolved issues between us.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Guide
Dear Elyse,

If there were a lot of unresolved issues between you, I would suggest you to try to contact him during your dreams, with a sincere forgiveness purpose. You may request your guides' help.

A good way is to pray for him when you are already on bed and then begin to sleep with the real will of forgiving all such unresolved issues which could have hurt you.

If the exercise of forgiveness is successful, you will be able to, either dialog with him during your dreams, clarify everything, and then remember, or perhaps, you will not be able to remember any detail but in the moment when you wake up the first thing that will come to you will be an inner voice saying "I forgive you."

Then you will feel a huge peace i your heart, derived from getting rid of all those past issues, that, right now. do not make sense anymore.

In my opinion he is doubtful to contact you because he feels insecure about how you will receive him, so that, if you give the first positive step, there will be more to come, and it will be good for both of you.

With lots of love and light,
TISS
Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Daisychain

Perhaps he does not want to make contact?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Seperate_Reality

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "finding peace". We are each non-physical, immortal, spiritual beings and are not the mortal, physical, human body we operate and view in a mirror. The human body dies, but not you and me as immortal (can never die or be killed) spiritual beings. We each go on and get another mortal, physical, human or animal (usually favorite animal or pet) baby body, new parents, new name (identity) and, as a rule, forget our previous lifetime. An able spiritual being will usually "instantly" go get another physical body and might not bother trying to communicate with loved ones from that "now" previous lifetime. See, that lifetime as your Father has passed and that spiritual being no longer has that physical world "identity". Sometimes a spiritual being who has lost a physical body will try and contact a loved one and usually while the loved one is asleep, because the loved one is not now so enmeshed in the physical world day to day activities that can adsorb a being's attention and this being will now be more receptive to spirit to spirit communications. This communication or some form of it can also occur when a loved one is relaxed and has most or all of their attention in the present. It could be a thought of "I'm OK" or just picking up on a presence.
Old 18-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Coming2

Thank you all for your comments on this. Tiss your words were so uplifting and I will try what you suggested. In some ways I feel my dad was an old soul and knowing him the way I did I wouldnt be surprised if he jumped straight into a new body immediately after passing. It has just been so odd to feel nothing at all from him. No dreams, no visions, nothing during meditation. I have thought at times that he needs me to forgive him for things that happened during my life. I have a hard time speaking favorably about him and maybe that is why he stays away but then again knowing him he was always in a hurry to progress in everything he did while living.

Thank you again for your kind words....
Old 18-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
... I have thought at times that he needs me to forgive him for things that happened during my life. I have a hard time speaking favorably about him and maybe that is why he stays away but then again knowing him he was always in a hurry to progress in everything he did while living.

Thank you again for your kind words....

He may be way ahead of you and has forgiven himself and has already at some point felt the shame and sorrow for what he did. It's probably as you suspect that he's got a brand new life now. My dad did horrible things to me and I've only been visited once by him and the rest of the time he's waaaay in the background, but he's interested in what is going on, but seems to accept his place as far as we're concerned. Maybe it is out of respect that he stays away. I'd try the dream approach, sounds good. Wishing you well, wishing you some luck with it~*

Old 19-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Coming2

Thanks Silver....

After posting this and reading the feedback all of you have given me I have found more peace with the not knowing feelings I have been having. It is sad what impact our parents have on us as kids and how it shapes the rest of our lives as a result. My dad never put his hands on me or abused me physically or sexually but the emotional abuse was terrible. He would lie to me and make me lie for him. Bless his soul he was a terrible cheater on my mom and would take me on dates with him and tell me that the girl, whoever she was, could be my new mom if I wanted her to be. What a terrible thing to do to a child!! There are millions more instances of different things but my point is that we suffer at the hands of our parents and it is so important not to pass that on to the next generation. Thanks again Silver and I am so sorry you suffered at the hands of your father. It is a relationship that is so valuable for a young girl and when it goes south, well, it is a wound that really never truly heals....

Light and Love!!
Old 19-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
Thanks Silver....

After posting this and reading the feedback all of you have given me I have found more peace with the not knowing feelings I have been having. It is sad what impact our parents have on us as kids and how it shapes the rest of our lives as a result. My dad never put his hands on me or abused me physically or sexually but the emotional abuse was terrible. He would lie to me and make me lie for him. Bless his soul he was a terrible cheater on my mom and would take me on dates with him and tell me that the girl, whoever she was, could be my new mom if I wanted her to be. What a terrible thing to do to a child!! There are millions more instances of different things but my point is that we suffer at the hands of our parents and it is so important not to pass that on to the next generation. Thanks again Silver and I am so sorry you suffered at the hands of your father. It is a relationship that is so valuable for a young girl and when it goes south, well, it is a wound that really never truly heals....

Light and Love!!

Elyse and Silver, I suggest you to take your awful experiences as opportunities to learn how to forgive.

Think that they have been there and acted like that for any particular reason within the divine plan.

The key is to forgive, and then to let go. It is not easy, but if you make it good, you will feel great and in peace.

TISS