Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Rivendoah

I used to think that when we died we were released from all our worldly fears and emotions... I am not so sure about that now... I personally don't believe in hell, but if one does believe in hell.... and have enough fear about it... then you very well may end up in a sort of hell...

I think we have to work as consciously as we can to release our negative emotions and our lower vibrations... I have been doing some reading lately about the idea that we should do it now while in this form, otherwise we carry those negative emotions into spirit... were they are magnified.. it becomes much harder to rid ourselves of them... I think that is why we manifest as humans in the first place...
Old 02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
I used to think that when we died we were released from all our worldly fears and emotions... I am not so sure about that now... I personally don't believe in hell, but if one does believe in hell.... and have enough fear about it... then you very well may end up in a sort of hell...

I think we have to work as consciously as we can to release our negative emotions and our lower vibrations... I have been doing some reading lately about the idea that we should do it now while in this form, otherwise we carry those negative emotions into spirit... were they are magnified.. it becomes much harder to rid ourselves of them... I think that is why we manifest as humans in the first place...

You got it Revendoah!! :)
Old 02-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesart7
>>PsstT<<

The after life huh.,, well if they say that there is a heaven and hell, well they'r wrong.. they'r dead wrong =)
those things are just a creation of the mind... even god.. god did not create humans.,, humans created god.. thats the truth..

heaven and hell are states that can be experienced in the spirit world the same as in the physical. its not something sanctioned to the physical.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Coming2

I wanted to retract what I said in an earlier post about Newton not discussing other alterative destinations for the soul after death. I am re-reading Journey of Souls and in the beginning of the book he discusses his patients experiences who did not go directly into the flux and back into their soul group/family. What has been shared with him through regressions is that we can, indeed, be trapped on the earthly plane, we can be trapped in a lower astral plane that resembles a type of purgutory for the soul, we can be trapped in our "own" fear and state of hell. He also shares about souls who are seperated from the rest to have their energy reworked because of the damage they have done to themselves and others during their life cycle. So if what has been shared in modern religion and through life between life regressions we can almost validate that there is a "state" of hellish existence for those who cause harm in their life. However long or brief it is, it does exist. Ultimately it is up to us and the Divine Creator how long we reside is said places.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
However long or brief it is, it does exist. Ultimately it is up to us and the Divine Creator how long we reside is said places.
Wouldn't this be based on us allowing ourselves to be healed and released from our fears/anger, etc that is holding us there? Our Divine would never keep us anywhere, that, in my understanding, just like on Earth, we have the free will to release ourselves at any given time.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:33 AM
Coming2

Oh I agree Laura!! I feel that we do always have the option and it is our fear/anger that keeps us stuck in lower astral planes after death but all of that said it takes me back to my first post. The show I had seen that evening was about a guy who says he went to hell after he died. I realize everyone has their secrets but he seemed well rounded, above average intelligence and rather spiritually aware before he died. He was living a positive life with a wife and family. In all appearances he seemed to be doing well and was happy. That is what stumped me. If this guy, who for all intent and purpose, seemed to be living a healthy, spiritual life and didnt believe in hell then how and why did he end up there?? If he projected this hellish state during mental death then what was it in him that created such a place?? I am just interested in everyone's opinion....

The reality is that I have made some really bad choices in my life and they were choices that hurt people. Today I try to be the best person I can be and give what I have to others..I realize I do have fear of something beyond us that is nightmarish in nature. I am just so afraid that my guilt from my past will end up keeping me stuck. The key thing the guy said on the show that got to me was that once he realized where he was, he also realized he was always going to be there...for eternity...there was no fighting it or asking for help....hmmmm??
Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 AM
jamesart7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love
heaven and hell are states that can be experienced in the spirit world the same as in the physical. its not something sanctioned to the physical.

well.. theres no such thing as heaven or hell,,. they are just the creation of the ignorant prophets and priests..
Old 05-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
Oh I agree Laura!! I feel that we do always have the option and it is our fear/anger that keeps us stuck in lower astral planes after death but all of that said it takes me back to my first post. The show I had seen that evening was about a guy who says he went to hell after he died. I realize everyone has their secrets but he seemed well rounded, above average intelligence and rather spiritually aware before he died. He was living a positive life with a wife and family. In all appearances he seemed to be doing well and was happy. That is what stumped me. If this guy, who for all intent and purpose, seemed to be living a healthy, spiritual life and didnt believe in hell then how and why did he end up there?? If he projected this hellish state during mental death then what was it in him that created such a place?? I am just interested in everyone's opinion....

The reality is that I have made some really bad choices in my life and they were choices that hurt people. Today I try to be the best person I can be and give what I have to others..I realize I do have fear of something beyond us that is nightmarish in nature. I am just so afraid that my guilt from my past will end up keeping me stuck. The key thing the guy said on the show that got to me was that once he realized where he was, he also realized he was always going to be there...for eternity...there was no fighting it or asking for help....hmmmm??

I totally understand your fears but that man on the show...didn't reveal everything... Remember TV edits and holding back information from everyone is a factor. I know the show you are talking about. When I saw him I could sense he did some things prior to his passing that were beyond what he was revealing. Also could it be possible that someone had told him because of his lack of faith in a God (that someone claimed would banish him) create in his mind that he would undoubtedly go there when he died?

We have all done things we're not proud of. Said things that weren't very kind, but that doesn't send us to eternal damnation.. only our REACTION to that remorse does. Do you get it?

If I realize that I made some bad choices in the past, but I forgive myself and in my prayers I ask that those people I have wronged know that I am truly sorry. That I release myself from that guilt. We are all human and we all do stupid things lol. Not holding on to that guilt is the key.

My father had a horrible thing happen to him when he was young. He carried the guilt of it for a long time. Right near the end of his death I told him that I knew of this thing and also the guilt he carried. I told him that he needed to forgive those people and to release his guilt because it happened and it's done with and nothing can change the past. Three days later he died peacefully. I wasn't sure if he ever made those amends until he came to me 1 year later in a dream. He actually thanked me and said that I had helped him to cross over without remorse.

Our perception of where we will go is exactly where we will go! :) Because we really don't GO anywhere. It is all an illusion of our mind. We are in another dimension as an energy ball, but we are not a "thing". :) Heaven isn't a place... it's a state of mind! :)
Old 08-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Explorer

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links here, but if you search "I survived beyond and back" on Youtube, you'll get the show in parts.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Coming2

Thanks Explorer for the Youtube info!!

Laura, I really appreciate what you shared with me. In my life today I try to always make amends when I have wronged someone but I have no way of resolving some issues. You made a great point about letting go of the guilt and remorse. For some reason over the last few weeks I have been plagued with fear of the afterlife. I know from my Guide that I have many things I must get passed before I pass on but I am reminded by her how loved I am and that there are so many people rooting for me. I am a relatively young soul....which is discouraging sometimes...God knows I dont want to do this again!!...so yes, I realize that we are only human in this life and that we are going to make mistakes. I certainly want to learn to live with constant peace in my heart and to let go of the fear. I am afraid that fear will keep me stuck like it does here as I get older.

Thank you so much,again, for your insight. It is deeply appreciated!!