Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Spirited

Interesting thought, Laura.. got me thinking if what is on the other side in our first moments there is what our mind most wants or would most imagine to be there.. I hope that its true and that happens for our own comfort and not that it's just our minds vividly imagining it with our last bit of living consciousness.. that would be a depressing thought. Very pleasant if its all true though.. :)
Old 30-06-2011, 02:16 AM
Toolite

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
So for those of you who have the BIO channel have probably seen the new show out called "I Survived..Beyond and Back"....I think it is in its second season now and I have found it fascinating. It takes you through normal, everday people's lives who have died and then come back. They discuss what happened when they died. To be honest it has caused me to have some really mixed feelings about what happens to us after we die. For years I have not been a believer in hellish things but rather our perceptions of fear and hell in religion but after watching this show I am starting to wonder how misguided I might be. Has anyone else seen some of these episodes and what is your take?? Like I said it has really turned my thinking in a different direction. I have been firm in Micheal Newtons Life Between Lives Regressions( for those who know his work) and felt Hell to be a creation of fear/anger and/or some type of mental death where the spirit has yet to let go of its Earthly life....ANYWAY!! Whats your take??

hell is real but first there is a purgatory and prior to that is ur mindset.. We live in a world where we are taught one final answer but spiritually its not one final answer because ther.e are many factors.

we can be in hell on earth but still alive ... our body can be dead but our mind can be in hell and then we have been judged and sent to hell but always given many opportunities.. We judge ourselves first is the main thing to know and work on now.

all The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 30-06-2011, 03:30 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
Interesting thought, Laura.. got me thinking if what is on the other side in our first moments there is what our mind most wants or would most imagine to be there.. I hope that its true and that happens for our own comfort and not that it's just our minds vividly imagining it with our last bit of living consciousness.. that would be a depressing thought. Very pleasant if its all true though.. :)

I think so Spirit. I've been there through meditations, only as they say "at the door". When it wasn't my time but instead through my ability as a medium, it's different. I didn't get the greeting from my family and such, but then again.. I wasn't "coming home" I was simply knocking on that proverbial door to talk to people there.

There's a lot of fear associated in our minds with dying and to have comforting thoughts and people we love meet us and soothe us is great. Who knows if it's real? But if it helps us to go into the light and not hang about, then I say.. cool!! :)
Old 30-06-2011, 12:10 PM
You didn't mention Michael Newton is a doctor - very impressive that he has a Phd.

I have learned from reading the tranmissions to James E. Padget from the Other Side (circa 1914) --- that there are many different Spheres and we can progress
on the Other Side, not stay the same for Eternity, in other words, as some think...

And the key is asking for Divine Love - asking "Our Father" or whatever your concept of our Creator is...that the tranforming power of His Divine Love is what
propells us ever further (to higher Celestial Spheres)... it was the most enlightening and humbling lesson I have ever learned.

Because once I asked Him internally in prayer, my life changed faster than anything... meditation or good works, or belief or trust or prayer, etc...to ask God Himself directly for that one thing...His Divine Love, different than human or natural love... all other "modalities" meant little.

The process one goes thru to even ask is profound - the humility and preparation to receive such a thing is soul altering ... at least for me it was.

Just sayin'... I have all the Padgett books on pdf if anyone wants them. And wow.
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Spirited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I think so Spirit. I've been there through meditations, only as they say "at the door". When it wasn't my time but instead through my ability as a medium, it's different. I didn't get the greeting from my family and such, but then again.. I wasn't "coming home" I was simply knocking on that proverbial door to talk to people there.

There's a lot of fear associated in our minds with dying and to have comforting thoughts and people we love meet us and soothe us is great. Who knows if it's real? But if it helps us to go into the light and not hang about, then I say.. cool!! :)

It must be great to have an ability where you know that you are somewhere other than the normal, to know that it does exist while you are still living, very comforting!

I agree whether it is real or not if it helps people get through this life and brings them reassurance and comfort it can't be a bad thing!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:30 AM
crystalfairy

I am not too sure what you mean by "To want something more than what is - to deny what is - is to create delusion and lies within you which can trap you in the mind." Does this mean that we should not want to change and better ourselves or desire things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love
Have you ever seen the movie / read the book k-pax? If not, firstly i recommend it, secondly there is a woman in the story in the psychiatric ward who never comes out of her room. She stays there all hours of the day and night getting dressed up and preparing for her prince charming to come into her room and have a romantic dinner with her, thus beginning their lives together. This is her reality. She does not see the world as it is and accepts a lie as her reality. She doesn't know of the true world anymore - shes lost herself in her mind.

There are people like this all around you every moment. Not to this characters degree but to a degree enough to keep them asleep to true reality. People living in this state, one of such strong delusion, when they return to the spirit world they will not see it just as they have not seen this earthly world. they will continue living out their delusions in the spirit world until they awaken from their dream.

Which is why it is so vital that you are awake and living now. seeing and experiencing your reality exactly as it is. To want something more than what is - to deny what is - is to create delusion and lies within you which can trap you in the mind.

That is my belief as I've come to understand it.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:33 AM
crystalfairy

I agree, that would be most comforting even if it is a figment of our imagination...
Quote:
Old 01-07-2011, 08:25 AM
jamesart7

>>PsstT<<

The after life huh.,, well if they say that there is a heaven and hell, well they'r wrong.. they'r dead wrong =)
those things are just a creation of the mind... even god.. god did not create humans.,, humans created god.. thats the truth..
Old 02-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Master
Quote:
got me thinking if what is on the other side in our first moments there is what our mind most wants or would most imagine to be there..

Spirited... It's not that what happens on the other side is a beautiful dream made of our wishes. Just as in this life, on the other side our attitudes and expectations shape our experience of the reality around us, and in some cases distort it entirely... like the story mentioned above, of the woman who lives in one room. This is how I understand those who experience hell in nde's.

A good book that goes deeply into this subject is "Beyond the Light: What Isn't Being Said About Near Death Experience: from Visions of Heaven to Glimpses of Hell", by P.M.H. A****er.

Xan

Old 02-07-2011, 03:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesart7
>>PsstT<<

The after life huh.,, well if they say that there is a heaven and hell, well they'r wrong.. they'r dead wrong =)
those things are just a creation of the mind... even god.. god did not create humans.,, humans created god.. thats the truth..

Disbelief is just as confining and distorted as belief, james.
Why not investigate for yourself what lies beyond the body and mind, in your silent inner being.

Xan