Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 22-02-2017, 05:43 AM
Newbie ;)

What exactly are affirmations?

Just wanted to know about it
Old 22-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Master
Hi,

Affirmations are a form of thought management. Kind of like directing our subconscious and unconscious to use the common terms for our vast inner world looking for direction.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 22-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Pathfinder
To me affirmations are a way to let a thought into my subconsciousness from where it can start becoming reality :)

“We are neighbors in a modern world where proximity is relative and the threshold to our hearts moves outside time and space.”
Old 23-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Pathfinder
Affirmations are positive statements that you repeat to yourself to change habitual negative thought patterns. They are stated in the present tense, and do not need to be 'true' in the present. "I am at peace" is something you can say to deal with anxiety.

"There is no such thing as ruining your life."
Sophie Kinsella
Old 23-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretscribe
Affirmations are positive statements that you repeat to yourself to change habitual negative thought patterns.
They are stated in the present tense, and do not need to be 'true' in the present. "I am at peace" is something you can say to deal with anxiety.
I agree...I would just omit, 'to change neg thought patterns'.
Only because a person could be really happy and positive,
but really want that job...so they apply, "That job is mine!"
"I am getting that job!"

While never having had a negative thought at all...just going for it
more with affirming it.

Understanding the subconscious mind helps to understand what affirmations 'do'.
Natural Oc, go over to the quotes of Neville Goddard here...I think some are there talking about the subconscious.
What your core beliefs are come about in the objective world around you.
You you keep thinking or talking about being robbed...you will!
You have convinced your subc. mind.

Say, "Today is going to be the best ever!" and it will.
Say it enough and the you don't have to anymore because it successfully has been planted firmly in the unconscious mind.

There are so many authors that describe this with great clarity.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretscribe
Affirmations are positive statements that you repeat to yourself to change habitual negative thought patterns. They are stated in the present tense, and do not need to be 'true' in the present. "I am at peace" is something you can say to deal with anxiety.

That sounds very helpful.i wish I had a 9 -5 job. I would be getting paid more. This information is very helpful.
Old 24-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I agree...I would just omit, 'to change neg thought patterns'.
Only because a person could be really happy and positive,
but really want that job...so they apply, "That job is mine!"
"I am getting that job!"

While never having had a negative thought at all...just going for it
more with affirming it.

Understanding the subconscious mind helps to understand what affirmations 'do'.
Natural Oc, go over to the quotes of Neville Goddard here...I think some are there talking about the subconscious.
What your core beliefs are come about in the objective world around you.
You you keep thinking or talking about being robbed...you will!
You have convinced your subc. mind.

Say, "Today is going to be the best ever!" and it will.
Say it enough and the you don't have to anymore because it successfully has been planted firmly in the unconscious mind.

There are so many authors that describe this with great clarity.
Thank you very much. That makes a lot of sense
Old 24-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you to everyone for being so helpful. A lot of you had some interesting points. I feel like I learned something new.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:44 AM
Newbie ;)

I would add one last small tidbit...

Affirmations only work when you are able to put full belief and energy into what you are saying. Thus they are usually qualified as true statements about yourself/life that you wish to see demonstrated in existence.

Of course this means that whatever "affirmation" you are making should make SOME kind of (ideally direct) connection to who you are now. If you are a branch manager of a organization and wish to be vice president, you affirm "I am vice president" rather than "I am the best cleaner" (You can affirm such a thing but you have to understand that connection in the context of your own life)
If you affirm that "everyday my life gets better" you should be able to back that with as many reasons as possible (breathing, moving, thinking, eating, drinking, opportunity to improve in a limitless universe, etc.)

If you do not believe them to be true deep down about yourself nor wish to see them actualized, don't affirm it.

And lastly, if you affirm it, back it up in action with faith that what you affirm is being actualized.