Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 07-07-2016, 08:32 AM
Newbie ;)

Pendulums

Hello. I recently bought a crystal pendulum and it worked very well. The only trouble is it felt too strong. The first night after buying it I had a dream and then it was interrupted with someone saying "In coming" and a girl's ghost leapt through the wall. Then what seemed real and not in the dream I heard like a roaring wind and a brush up on my left thigh. I screamed and woke up. It's scarred me off using it now. So I'm concentrating on meditation and hands on healing. Would love to know if anybody else has had similar experiences?
Old 07-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Seeker

Hi blueladybird and welcome to the forum. What kind of crystal is your pendulum? I use a pendulum regularly and never had any scary moments, me and my pendulum get along just fine, and I feel a real empathy with it. Mine's an epidote by the way.
PS can you move this thread to the pendulums board? or ask a moderator to do it?
Old 07-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Welcome BlueLadyBird...

Just a friendly suggestion - you may receive more thread views & feedback if you post this information and question/inquiry in the Divination subforum...
Old 07-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks

Sorry, yes I realise now I've posted this in the wrong section. I will try to post this in the right place. Thanks anyway. The pendulum is a quartz crystal by the way...
Old 07-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Ok, it's now in the correct forum. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Seeker

Hi blueladybird, you could always try another pendulum crystal, I'm sure others on here could suggest something a little less strong? I know that many people have a few pendulums that they use, and while I would feel guilty about getting another one, that is only because I'm so happy with the one I have. I started with a snowflake obsidian pendulum, just because it happened to be there at the time, but I struggled to get a response from it, so put it to one side, and when I got my epidote I dismantled the snowflake obsidian, but still keep it as a crystal, I couldn't part with it.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks Rainbowmand. I think it just made me realise that I'm not sure what I'm doing with it and so maybe I should be a bit more careful. It sounds like you've been using a pendulum for a while. How are you finding it? Do you always get honest answers?
Old 09-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Guide
Bluelady, like any tools of divination you do have to be careful. Especially with quartz because of it being an amplifier crystal. This advice works for any and all crystals you get. However certain ones can not be put under water so investigate or ask the shop you buy from about cleansing it.

So first steps first, before you use your pendulum or crystal, wash it under warm water while saying "all negativity on you is now being cleansed and washed down this drain."

Step two, imprint right away on the crystal what you want it to do. They are programmable. :) And always end your imprint with "for the highest and best good of all"

Step three make sure you do some kind of ritual of protection on yourself before doing any kind of divination. If you need to learn this, check out the forum. If you can't find anything then just p.m. me and I will be happy to tell you the one I use.

Step four make sure you close all openings you have opened in search of the information. If you don't, you leave a wide open door for things to come through. This is something I wished someone had told me when I first started working with my pendulum. I like to say "I now close all open windows, doors, vortex's or any other kind of gateway I have opened as this session is not closed." Now being the rather safe than sorry person I am, I like to add "To all dimensions, all realities, all realms in all universes and time frames." in my closing ritual. Makes it a bit long winded, so it's up to you which one you chose to use.

The reason for cleansing is that you don't know who came into contact with that crystal by touching it. Therefore their energy will be on the crystal. So if they are having a bad day, that kind of energy will be on the crystal. Which you don't want. You want your energy imprinted upon it. This is why you will often see "never approach any divination if you are angry" For one, you have now imprinted the wrong kind of energy onto your tool/tools.

Here is another good practice to get into. Never ask questions concerning another without their express permission to do so. It's a psychic form of invasion of privacy. You wouldn't want someone nosing around in your privacy, so be respectful and do the same. Also, you may get the wrong answer completely by not asking the question the right way. It is very important to know how to ask questions with these kinds of tools.

There are good trustworthy boards out there on pendulums and dowsing. You don't have to be a member to use them either so only pay the fee if you can actually go to the things they offer. I use a lot of boards, all over the world. The American Society of Dowsers, The British Society of Dowsers, The Canadian Society of Dowsers, The Australian Society of Dowsers, just to name a few.

A good site to go to for information on crystals and what their properties are is the crystalvaults.com Free Guides & Resources you don't have to buy from that company, just go there to learn about crystals.

You asked about how to get an accurate answer. Because of the multidimensional theory I like to say "In this reality, in this time frame, in this universe is where I want this information to come from." It makes sense if you think about it because unless you tell your tool where to look, it could be out there reading from another time, space, reality and universe.

I hope this helps to get you started better, if you need me, be happy to help you as best I can. If I ever forget to check back here as I sometimes do since not many posters are into pendulums, then feel free to p.m. me.

It was so nice to meet you and welcome to the forum.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you Sundancer for taking the time and all the help. I appreciate the advice about the protection too, as I didn't know about this before I started playing with my pendulum. I will check out the other sites you recommended too. I just wondered what sort of pendulum you use and what would you recommend to a complete beginner?
Old 11-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Administrator
Hello

It is possible that it has nothing to do with the crystal you could have opened a door to a part of yourself that you were not aware of being there. We all have that ability in us I feel to work with and have contact with the non living just that we do not all choose to go there. It is not the path that we all want to have.

We do not choose crystals at times they choose us. There is no harm in ever asking the question "will you work for me" when you get one. I bought my husband one "Dragons Blood" as his guide is a Golden Dragon so I thought that was the right fit. When he tried it, it would not move at all for him. So I said ask if it is for you.....WOW got a strong no so strong it almost flew from his hand. Asked if it was for me and got a yes. Seems it imprinted to me and I have it.

I had the same experience with a "Blood Stone" one I got for me, until it spent a year in England with my now husband it would not work for me. We brought it back with us when he moved to Canada and we got married now it works for me and not him. It needed to be infused with something from him for me to use it.

I have one that is out in the garden that cracked the first time he used it, so we felt that was a strong message that the Buddha I have in the front. I have the most lovely flowers out there this year. There is garden mesh down so they should not have been able to poke through and spread but have done so. Morning Glories cover the ground.

So we have many things that effect what we can do. Go to a crystal shop and try asking a few different one's what is right for you. You will "feel" in you heart and gut what is the right one.

Lynn