Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Master
Thanks, Adrian.

In my view, living in the present is the only way to happiness for-no-reason.

Xan

Old 08-03-2013, 02:47 PM
More than ever I'm really getting this "Now" thing after reading what a Rimpoche taught
Someone in the 40s in Tibet....can be found in 'The Yoga of The Christ' if you google
Dr MacDonald-Bayne...anyway...
Since the "Real" is timeless...anything we think is in time, so can't be "it".
What a difference to simply be aware,( as I see my new cat is ),but not think.

This is while living my life...I've meditated for years...but this just simply being in the moment
Is fabulous!!! You drop everything and anything that you could be bothered by!
Like my cat...in the Now...every second....luvin' this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-03-2013, 03:24 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
More than ever I'm really getting this "Now" thing after reading what a Rimpoche taught
Someone in the 40s in Tibet....can be found in 'The Yoga of The Christ' if you google
Dr MacDonald-Bayne...anyway...
Since the "Real" is timeless...anything we think is in time, so can't be "it".
What a difference to simply be aware,( as I see my new cat is ),but not think.

This is while living my life...I've meditated for years...but this just simply being in the moment
Is fabulous!!! You drop everything and anything that you could be bothered by!
Like my cat...in the Now...every second....luvin' this.
I read this as you dropping your cat! (Poor cutey!)

Yes I am totally into the now. Indeed, my on-going and current mentor is Eckhart Tolle - who famously expounded this in "The Power Of Now". He puts his own spin on this (giving helpful practical ways it may be applied) but it borrows from other philosophies, notably zen - mindfulness. Have you read it? (Admittedly it's not a light read...best done slowly).
Old 08-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Master
Eckhart is indeed doing it for me too, or should I say the expression of stillness that Eckhart, as form, has been willing to express.

Two reads of the power of now and the second was so much deeper than the first. Now into a New Earth which will also need multiple reads as the me that is disappearing needs reminding of how much more is still clung to... the chains of past and future I drag with me as I still find the need to express strength.

But within stillness, ah yes, the deep, deep abiding now that goes on forever... what more could we not ask for!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Well, I picked up recordings of Eckhart reading the whole book himself at
Goodwill for $4 two weeks ago.
I love his voice. I was so thrilled.
I think The Power of Now is much better...for me.
I have many copies to give out.

I used to fall asleep listening to his youtubes...and Adyashanti, a big "now" advocate.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Psychoslice,
You have made youtubes of your songs, I think.
Why not start teaching on youtube....start with the Now.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:42 AM
Sourcerer

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, I picked up recordings of Eckhart reading the whole book himself at
Goodwill for $4 two weeks ago.
I love his voice. I was so thrilled.
I think The Power of Now is much better...for me.
I have many copies to give out.

I used to fall asleep listening to his youtubes...and Adyashanti, a big "now" advocate.

Excellent. I greatly enjoy Eckhart and Adya. Mooji too.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 AM
amy green

If I may have a little fun...can't resist this -

that was zen, this is tao!
Old 04-08-2020, 04:46 PM
Another great Xan thread:
Opra and Eckhart Tolle: Opra ''Do you live this way all the time?

E: Yes. I'm always in the now. Occasionally anger arises and passes through quickly. You can't argue with what is or you suffer.

O: Does it leave you passionless to live in the moment?

E: You are more passionately alive when you are living in the present moment. Complaining and resisting is denying the present moment.

O: How do you plan for the future?

E: Enjoy your planning for the future.

Are you losing yourself in the future or using time and future on a practical level? When you say, "At some point in the future I will finally be happy", that is a projection that causes unhappiness. Psychological time is continual obsession with the past and the future.

O: Do you feel that you are straddling both worlds?

E: Yes. There is a balance between dealing with things that require time and thinking, but not being trapped by it.

There is a deeper dimension inside you that is outside that stream of thinking.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:23 PM
Master
Tolle never could finish! haha. In the meantime dismiss emotions, distract attention to all other than a moment in nowhere, i used to love him, now i find myself considering, along withother lectures such as these, why were constantly trying to avoid living a human life, if our forever isnt always anyway!

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~