Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
And also, impossible to convince them otherwise, even something as simple to understand as "Believing a thing to be pointless, is what makes it pointless." It's not even about affirmations; this is an essential understanding regarding creation and reality. Even quantum physics is coming to this understanding: the outcome is dependent on the observer.
And giving power to whatever the thought is, is what gives power to that thought - even if it's negative. To get away from that sort of mindset, they have to switch there thoughts to positive ones.
Old 26-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminarium
And giving power to whatever the thought is !!
is what gives power to that thought !!
Added the bolded text and exclamations to designate essential truth. 4-5 pages of talk, all comes down to this one comment of yours. There is nothing else that needs to be discussed here. Either you understand that, or you don't.
Old 26-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Added the bolded text and exclamations to designate essential truth. 4-5 pages of talk, all comes down to this one comment of yours. There is nothing else that needs to be discussed here. Either you understand that, or you don't.
One would only not believe it, if they see the power to the thoughts - as something that comes from an outside source. As whatever reflects outside of us, is usually a mirror.
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Hi Silver.

Relative to one's intent. Affirming from a place of feeling lack, not appreciating oneself nor others, would of course be a hurtful/harmful type of affirming,

While affirming something general such as, "I would like to feel better," if one were not in a good-feeling mood, is very much a positive, helpful mental suggestion.

Right. Intention is the key.

Deactivated Account
There Are Many "Outer" Forms of Affirming

No one can possibly believe 100% that affirmations don't work. This is not possible, simply because there is a basic root understanding in all people that they have desires, and everyone makes statements in one way or another as to what they want, whether they use verbal speech or not.

When it comes to this subject, most people think of an "affirmation" almost exclusively in terms of a verbal and/or written statement, and this is merely one type of expression of affirming (or two, if you consider both verbal and written to be very distinct).

Dancing is a form of affirmation as well.

Singing is too.

So is communicating within forums.

All forms of expression exist that the Life Force within each being may affirm its validity to uniquely express itself. Thus, each being always lives by its "personal truth," even a single-celled organism or a subatomic particle.
Old 26-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Pathfinder

If it doesn't work don't use it.

Use what works for you.
Old 26-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolil
If it doesn't work don't use it.

Use what works for you.

You are right, which, the funny thing is, that would also be a type of self-affirmation, in essence saying, "I will use what works for me."

Affirmation is truly inescapable in human experience, since "to affirm" is literally "to demonstrate," and we always demonstrate what we "subconsciously" believe in, it is automatic.
Old 26-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
let me guess you believe in the law of attraction too ??

an affirmation is a man made invention... not truth !!

Don't be silly. Many people affirm naturally because it's written into their
mode of operation. How many names do you want of people who are successful? Some supremely so in what they do?

Old 26-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Pathfinder

I wonder.

We create what we subconsciously believe in. That much is truth. But affirmations, for some, don't really express reality. Rather they are immediate made aware of the discrepancy between what they say and what their subjective experience and observations tell otherwise. If this happens they can't believe in what they say; they can't work if ones using them can't truly believe in them. I myself use it sparingly, and when I do I always do it with the entire weight of my spirit, with emphasis on weight.

They're just one of many tools including visualization, hypnosis, rituals, and so forth. In the end they're just tools. None of them has any more power than what you hold within. If what you are is not in sync with how you act then you will not get it no matter what you do.

It's why we're here. If affirmations are the only thing we needed to do then we wouldn't need to come down to experience humanity to grow. It needs to be balanced with reality, the here and now, both the good and the bad. In the end a staff can't replace the walk. You must use your legs. You must live your life.

We don't demonstrate the subconscious. That is the goal not the norm. Most of the time the subconscious demonstrates us. If we don't allow the sun to set, the stars will not reveal themselves to us. And it is the stars that will reveal the entire expansion of the universe and its power.

I have a hunch the original poster is exactly where he needs to be thinking exactly what he needs to think.
Old 26-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolil
We don't demonstrate the subconscious.

When carefully read, I stated that we demonstrate our "subconscious" beliefs. I essentially stated that we demonstrate our beliefs, which is true. I didn't literally say that we demonstrate the subconscious. I had put quotation marks around the word subconscious for a reason.

Also notice, if you wish, that my own perception and definition of what an affirmation really is is much broader than how most people use the term. Most people simply copy the definition that most people use, without even studying the core essence of what an affirmation really is. This is sad.

Once again, an affirmation is not about words. Thoughts/intentions/feelings are more subtle than words. The REAL affirmation is on a very subtle soul level that most people simply do not perceive. If there is someone here who understands this unconventional way of perceiving affirmations, I would love to speak with such a person. To affirm is to demonstrate, and by this understanding ALL ACTIONS are indeed affirmative, meaning that all actions are literally affirmations.

This is only difficult to understand for those who cling to their narrow, unoriginal definitions and perceptions of such things, in this case: affirmations. By broadening one's understanding of this subject (or any subject), fresh new light may be shed upon it.

I enjoy offering broad, out-of-the-box perspectives about many subjects. It is largely what I do in this community.