Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-01-2020, 05:14 PM
Guide

Help needed

Please,I need assurance of the afterlife as I just met a third person who had a Heart attack and died briefly .All three said that all they saw when they had died(briefly) was blackness.I need some positive replies assuring me about the afterlife.As you all know,I'm a true believer but when you hear about things like that,It gives you doubts.
I have to go now,but I'll log on tomorrow and hopefully there will be replies to Further convince me.
Old 25-01-2020, 05:48 PM
Pathfinder

Hi

This sounds like someone would call a dreamless sleep.

By blackness were they referring to as "how it was before birth"? Did they hold any beliefs when the NDE ocurred or prior to that? Did they tell anything about an oxygen deprived brain flooded by chemicals?
Old 25-01-2020, 06:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Please,I need assurance of the afterlife as I just met a third person who had a Heart attack and died briefly .All three said that all they saw when they had died(briefly) was blackness.I need some positive replies assuring me about the afterlife.As you all know,I'm a true believer but when you hear about things like that,It gives you doubts.
I have to go now,but I'll log on tomorrow and hopefully there will be replies to Further convince me.

Not everybody who has an NDE remembers the inner experience, as you don't remember most of your dreams, and don't remember your pre-birth experiences.

Even more, those who have NDEs have distorted recollections, as you have about your dreams.

Assume there is an afterlife!
  • If you assume there isn't an afterlife, and there is one, then you'll have a surprise, and probably not a good one, because you'll regret living as if there is no afterlife (as they say "live as if there is no tomorrow")
  • If you assume there is an afterlife, and there isn't one, then you won't know, so you won't have any regrets.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-01-2020, 07:57 AM
Guide

Thanks inavalan,I will assume there is an afterlife.That is a good way of thinking,although I do remember my birth,I've written about it under *My Space*.
Old 26-01-2020, 08:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Thanks inavalan,I will assume there is an afterlife.That is a good way of thinking,although I do remember my birth,I've written about it under *My Space*.
You're welcome.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-01-2020, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Everybody is different.

I have had numerous NDEs and for the most part, experienced nothing.

It is impossible to prove who is right as it is those who we claim are 'wrong'.

He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote: ........... April 4th, 1984.
Old 26-01-2020, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
As a medium I would say go visit one and experience it for yourself. Other than that any medium will give you tales of how they communed between Spirit and a Loved One to bring peace and Love.

The conscious can literally stall' or disembody itself during trauma, it's a defence mechanism. It's probably another throw-back from when hominids were being munched on by lions and tigers and bears, oh my. Dying is about as traumatic as it gets. In one experience I was standing beside by body as I went through a trauma, and perceptually everything was so much clearer. Another time my consciousness was shown to a dark room and locked in while my brain/mind drove Mrs G and myself out of a potentially Life-threatening car smash. Or at least that's the image my mind was given.
Old 26-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Ascender

Quote:

I've read many NDEs, they are all different, same see nothing, some see amazing things.

Listen to this: We are made exactly from the same things that the rest of the universe is made of, the building blocks of the Sun are also found in our bodies, we are the universe, we live in it and we are it, if we are aware that we exist, can't also the universe be aware too? We can't be something that the universe can't be simply because we are the universe, made exactly from the same things that are found everywhere in this universe. This is science, it's not imagination, it's not speculation, this is the truth.

We have a consciousness and so it means that the universe has a consciousness simply because we are the universe.

So rest assured, we never truly die.
Old 26-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Guide

Thank You all for your replies,especially Greenslade.I visited a medium last week,brilliant reading and several mediums at mt local Spiritualist church.It's just when someone says that,you're thoughts are disrupted
Greenslade,You've Described it perfectly.thank you.I can breath a sigh of relief.
Old 26-01-2020, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
As a medium I would say go visit one and experience it for yourself. Other than that any medium will give you tales of how they communed between Spirit and a Loved One to bring peace and Love.

The conscious can literally stall' or disembody itself during trauma, it's a defence mechanism. It's probably another throw-back from when hominids were being munched on by lions and tigers and bears, oh my. Dying is about as traumatic as it gets. In one experience I was standing beside by body as I went through a trauma, and perceptually everything was so much clearer. Another time my consciousness was shown to a dark room and locked in while my brain/mind drove Mrs G and myself out of a potentially Life-threatening car smash. Or at least that's the image my mind was given.

To me, it is 'fight or flight'. For example, 2 times I was in 2 different buildings when a vehicle hit the building. Each time I was able to get outside and stop the driver from driving a way. Where were the other people in the respective buildings? Almost frozen to the spot were they where when the vehicles hit the respective buildings. How we think people will react, is many cases, the opposite of how they will react.

As for almost dying traumatically, from what I have experienced, there is generally no pain. The body is running on automatic and so much 'stuff' is being pumped into the body, you generally do not feel anything.

He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote: ........... April 4th, 1984.