Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-01-2020, 07:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I asked which LOVE were you talking about. That scripture, as you are aware of, was written in Koine Greek. The Koine Greek language had 5 different words for LOVE. Eros was one of the loves.

And I asked you, which argument are you referring to, you have a habit which is well noticed of ' dropping and running '. Please don't accuse me of arguing when you cannot show me where......

I'm 100% certain JL knows about love..... regardless of what words in what Language are used...
Old 13-01-2020, 07:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
It’s a facet of mind which is vengeful, sows seeds of division, hoping to render argumentation and stir the “enemies” mind - it’s a fascinating topic, and one that relates to the opening post.

Can you identify love there? From the op, in the Corinthians, Love is patient, love is kind, .. is not easily angered, doesn’t keep record of wrongs, hopes, protects..

We could see this as a case study? to me, these are deeply unhappy souls who need to open up to self love. The Corinthians verse is a very nice teaching indeed, imo.

Jl

Yes I agree with you. Maybe a case study is need by the perpetrator who does seem to try and cause divisions, but thankfully everyone is aware....
Old 13-01-2020, 07:21 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
I asked which LOVE were you talking about. That scripture, as you are aware of, was written in Koine Greek. The Koine Greek language had 5 different words for LOVE. Eros was one of the loves.

I show it as:
ἀγάπη agápē, ag-ah'-pay; from G25; love, i.e. affection or benevolence; specially (plural) a love-feast:—(feast of) charity(-ably), dear, love.

Greek 26 and stems from Greek 25 in Strong's Con.
Old 13-01-2020, 07:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I show it as:
ἀγάπη agápē, ag-ah'-pay; from G25; love, i.e. affection or benevolence; specially (plural) a love-feast:—(feast of) charity(-ably), dear, love.

The love that doesn't need words, is LOVE.... It's a happening not something you do....
Old 13-01-2020, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I show it as:

SPOT ON!

The Koine Greek word being considered is ἀγάπη which you properly transliterated as agapē. Good job.

Too bad Koine Greek has 5 words that for some strange reason all got translated as 'love'. Surely the Koine Greek word that gets transliterated as 'eros' surely is not the 'love being discussed.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-01-2020, 07:35 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
sadly even if we know for a fact, "God is LOVE" and he wishes NO one to be destroyed.

which means we can and MANY WILL, be destroyed.

jojo50,

Just wondering......If we believe that many will be 'destroyed' does this mean, possibly, that life is not eternal ? Eternal implies both no beginning and no ending. For those that believe in eternal life that means that life existed for all before physical birth to this world. Just contemplating this leads me to consider purgatory and/or reincarnation.
Old 13-01-2020, 07:59 PM
Master

For Christians I would forget about Greek words for love
For too long all people talk about is 'eros' and 'agape'

Jesus would not have used them, would he? The Jewish meanings of 'love' he would have used

It makes sense to study the Jewish meanings for love and see the Greek words as a translations of the Jewish concepts and give them the supremacy over the Greek concepts
Old 13-01-2020, 08:05 PM
Master
Jesus used agape (love) numerous times.

Examples are:

John 15:12-13
"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

another scripture is:

John 5:42
"but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves."

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-01-2020, 08:22 PM
ImthatIm

Okay davidmartin
Which word would best fit from the Hebrew or Aramaic?
This one?
Chashaq Strong's 2836 in the Hebrew.

We can only work with scripture and the words given.
We were not there so it is all speculation and lacking IMO anyway.

Only words and symbols are a poor form of communication to begin with.
It is the medium we are working in though.

I prefer in person communication.
Old 14-01-2020, 05:13 AM
janielee

Quote:

Shivani Devi was right.. This is gaslighting; subtly trolling the people you have chosen to see as opponents

Quote:
Buddhists' love of their parents is very refreshing.

Caring for their elderly parents is something the whole World should implement.

Love is Love.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=132791&page=3

Stop trolling but I also presume you don’t just do this online,

Jl