Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-01-2020, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It's the second day of 2020 and this year I will be 82 years of age - something I didn't expect to happen. This means of course that the train I'm on is slowly chugging into the terminus. I don't know if, after stepping out onto the platform, I'll be going on by bus, taxi, tube or bike, or maybe just disappear into thin air as if in an Agatha Christie novel.

But I'm starting to prepare, that is I'm making a list of where and what and how I don't want to be the next time round. According to 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead' I'll need to be very careful for the following 49 days after stepping onto the platform so to clarify the situation my ponderings have led me to the following conclusions. All of which by the way are based upon the information I have from the media in general, from newspapers, documentaries, television, radio and the like.

I certainly don't want to be re-born as a member of a reindeer-herding family in Siberia, Lapland or Canada.
Nor as a member of a pygmy tribe in the jungles of Borneo.
Nor do I want to be born in North Korea.
I'd prefer not to be re-born in Africa so that cuts out a lot of those horrible north African countries and also avoids starvation and persecution.
Nor do I see myself in Asia, with millions of people all looking over my shoulder, but at a pinch,yes.

Nor do I want to be a homosexual, nor a cripple, not a religious fanatic and I don't want to be chubby. I'd also like to avoid being anything other than human - so not a dog please, not a cat and so on - although I have nothing against a short period as say an eagle.

Having once again busied myself with Swedenborg I also have to add that I don't want to be re-born on another planet or in another galaxy, I know the choice is enormous but I've always been quite happy where I now am. It could be that life on another planet, one where one is pure slime for instance and oxygen is unknown would lead me to higher things - but I'm not ready for that yet.

There is a new couple who have moved in next door, still young and full of energy. I wonder if there is a possibility there? She is really beautiful and he is extremely handsome, so any offspring would be almost certain of a good start. Trouble is they have two big dogs and I'm frightened of dogs, so no, I have to be careful.

So that, more or less, is what I don't want. There are of course a few borderline cases; as a Finn I'd be stuck in darkness 6 months of the year, as a Peruvian (which could be very interesting) I wouldn't want to be a woman as I'd have to wear one of those silly looking skirts, nor would I want to be a Texan - simply because of those stetson things. And so on.

I'll have to ponder some more and think about what and who I'd like to be. Actually I'd prefer to start again where I am at the moment, but I would have to be very lucky.
thanks for sharing your thoughts. I enjoyed reading them. I had to laugh when you mentioned about being a woman. I wouldn't want to be one either. With all the female hormone issues they have to deal with they should be more than human. They should be goddess. Hahaha. For whatever reason I think I was one or am going to be one. So far in this life I learned and vicariously experience female "issues" in ways most men couldn't imagine. Every female I was ever with had some type of "female" issue. Maybe it's training for my next time around. Wish me luck
Old 06-01-2020, 04:57 AM
Master

Quote:
It's the second day of 2020 and this year I will be 82 years of age - ...
I'll have to ponder some more and think about what and who I'd like to be. Actually I'd prefer to start again where I am at the moment, but I would have to be very lucky.

Firstly, I wish you many more happy and healthy years, if that's what you want (you wrote "Actually I'd prefer to start again where I am at the moment, but I would have to be very lucky.")

I believe that you shouldn't think at all about what you don't want to be, and not be afraid of that. Your thoughts are the seeds of what will be.

Also, when you pass on you wake up to another you than you know to be now. You'll have another view of what you'd like, or have to further experience.

The "risk" we face is that we haven't rid ourselves of fears, angers, ..., and consequently we'll spiral down into a nightmarish scenario that will precipitate our re-incarnation into whatever happens to be (like when you're asleep, and you just want to wake up from a nightmare, no matter what).

There is still time to get better prepared ... Probably one of the more accurate accounts of the wider reality can be found in the Seth's books by Jane Roberts. That might give you peace, and some good pointers about what to expect.

See / read you for 20 more years! (if that's what you want ... )
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
thanks for sharing your thoughts. I enjoyed reading them. I had to laugh when you mentioned about being a woman. I wouldn't want to be one either. With all the female hormone issues they have to deal with they should be more than human. They should be goddess. Hahaha. For whatever reason I think I was one or am going to be one. So far in this life I learned and vicariously experience female "issues" in ways most men couldn't imagine. Every female I was ever with had some type of "female" issue. Maybe it's training for my next time around. Wish me luck
The funniest issue I ever had with women was I walked in on a heated argument between two women. One was a former girlfriend and the other was my current girlfriend. Standing in the shadows was another woman I was very much interested in who was listening to everything being said. She later clued me in to what I had missed. The two women were arguing over which one I treated the best. You had to have been there. They were really mad with each other. Needless to say, I departed from both of them.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:48 AM
Master

Inavalan wrote: 'thoughts are the seeds of what will be'.

Now, after decades of searching, seeking, questioning, listening, reading, experiencing, seeing and all possible variations thereof I am at the stage where it seems pretty clear to me that the human mind, bound eternally with something similar to Jung's collective unconscious is all we need to try to understand.
All that we have and all that there is which we recognise as being outside of nature (which isn't quite true either) has been created by our minds.

We underestimate this power, hidden as it is under the burdens we have laid upon ourselves - we are our thoughts.

My original article was indeed written in jest but with a slight leaning towards the way we live our lives - we will have to wait a long time until the light of dawning peeps over the human horizon.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 13-01-2020, 07:18 PM
Master
Quote:

For God's sake folks...LOL....

Here's an idea for society at large...absolutely, do not expect, demand, or require that women of childbearing age take hormonal birth control unless medically indicated (for fibroids, severe PMS, etc). That is, 95% or so of all women 12-50 should never be required or expected to take hormonal BC as a condition of being "marketable" to men. Including committed relationships and including marriage. There are barrier methods and the only one that protects from disease is the condom. When used reliably and as directed, it is 99% effective...which is as good as anything except celibacy.

It is well known (and supported by no small amount of research, including all the acknowledged side effects) that the introduction of artificial hormones is, in general, at the root of some to much of the average, healthy childbearing woman's mood-related issues. Artificial hormones are powerful psychotropic drugs...their effects are pervasive and substantial, impacting nearly every major bodily system.

There is no way the brute force application of artificial hormones can, for the vast majority, ever satisfactorily approximate a healthy woman's individual, unique, natural hormonal mix and balance from day-to-day and minute-to-minute. If society as a whole -- or anyone in particular -- expects, requires, or demands women consume ill-fitted, brute-force artificial hormones -- with pervasive, powerful psychotropic outcomes, then caveat emptor, as they say.

And if folks rinse & repeat this same situation...and predictably get some range of mood-related impact from some fairly significant % of women in this situation...then they are hitting their head against the brick wall of pervasive psychotropic drug effects, and expecting a different outcome.

Like I said...the most effective BC barrier method has no psychotropic outcomes AND protects against transmitted disease. It also allows the man to take ownership for his behaviour, which may seem like a chore for many but the spiritual and character-related impacts of taking ownership and sparing your partner the disruptive, harmful, even toxic effects all round, can only be positive. It seems like the obvious choice for multiple reasons. And a woman's freedom from ill-suited, powerful drugs & hormones, and her mental clarity and emotional stability, are both are extremely relevant considerations, for certain.

ALSO: FYI for your next life as a woman

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 13-01-2020, 07:26 PM
Master

Quote:
[...] I enjoyed reading them. I had to laugh when you mentioned about being a woman. I wouldn't want to be one either. With all the female hormone issues they have to deal with [...] Hahaha. [...] experience female "issues" in ways most men couldn't imagine. Every female I was ever with had some type of "female" issue. Maybe it's training for my next time around. Wish me luck
LOL indeed. And you may need some luck...
Because we all know that males have absolutely N hormone "issues" whatsoever!!! None!!

~ J
Old 13-01-2020, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
LOL indeed. And you may need some luck...
Because we all know that males have absolutely N hormone "issues" whatsoever!!! None!!

~ J

...and...whilst I am not a man (in this lifetime), I would add...certainly, for a healthy man, the consumption of artificial hormones is also not a good thing.
And that both unwanted physical and psychotropic outcomes would also apply to men in many cases.

The difference is that the average man is not expected or required (and should never be required) to consume these type of artificial hormone drugs.
Whereas the average woman of childbearing age is routinely expected or required to do so per society & "partners"...

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-01-2020, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
It's the second day of 2020 and this year I will be 82 years of age - something I didn't expect to happen. This means of course that the train I'm on is slowly chugging into the terminus. I don't know if, after stepping out onto the platform, I'll be going on by bus, taxi, tube or bike, or maybe just disappear into thin air as if in an Agatha Christie novel.

But I'm starting to prepare, that is I'm making a list of where and what and how I don't want to be the next time round. According to 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead' I'll need to be very careful for the following 49 days after stepping onto the platform so to clarify the situation my ponderings have led me to the following conclusions. All of which by the way are based upon the information I have from the media in general, from newspapers, documentaries, television, radio and the like.

I certainly don't want to be re-born as a member of a reindeer-herding family in Siberia, Lapland or Canada.
Nor as a member of a pygmy tribe in the jungles of Borneo.
Nor do I want to be born in North Korea.
I'd prefer not to be re-born in Africa so that cuts out a lot of those horrible north African countries and also avoids starvation and persecution.
Nor do I see myself in Asia, with millions of people all looking over my shoulder, but at a pinch,yes.

Nor do I want to be a homosexual, nor a cripple, not a religious fanatic and I don't want to be chubby. I'd also like to avoid being anything other than human - so not a dog please, not a cat and so on - although I have nothing against a short period as say an eagle.

Having once again busied myself with Swedenborg I also have to add that I don't want to be re-born on another planet or in another galaxy, I know the choice is enormous but I've always been quite happy where I now am. It could be that life on another planet, one where one is pure slime for instance and oxygen is unknown would lead me to higher things - but I'm not ready for that yet.

There is a new couple who have moved in next door, still young and full of energy. I wonder if there is a possibility there? She is really beautiful and he is extremely handsome, so any offspring would be almost certain of a good start. Trouble is they have two big dogs and I'm frightened of dogs, so no, I have to be careful.

So that, more or less, is what I don't want. There are of course a few borderline cases; as a Finn I'd be stuck in darkness 6 months of the year, as a Peruvian (which could be very interesting) I wouldn't want to be a woman as I'd have to wear one of those silly looking skirts, nor would I want to be a Texan - simply because of those stetson things. And so on.

I still want to come back as a mountain.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-01-2020, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Inavalan wrote: 'thoughts are the seeds of what will be'.

Now, after decades of searching, seeking, questioning, listening, reading, experiencing, seeing and all possible variations thereof I am at the stage where it seems pretty clear to me that the human mind, bound eternally with something similar to Jung's collective unconscious is all we need to try to understand.
All that we have and all that there is which we recognise as being outside of nature (which isn't quite true either) has been created by our minds.

We underestimate this power, hidden as it is under the burdens we have laid upon ourselves - we are our thoughts.

My original article was indeed written in jest but with a slight leaning towards the way we live our lives - we will have to wait a long time until the light of dawning peeps over the human horizon.

BTW...didn't see this earlier Busby. It's a good point and well-said. Implicit is the reflection and surfacing of destructive and predatory impulses and urges...i.e., what is not at the forefront of the conscious mind but which drives much of our conscious behavior (particularly including intent and thought, as well as word and deed, which may be somewhat constrained).

Reflecting, surfacing...and then owning. Making the hidden more visible, making the unknown better known, and thus making the weak and frail character stronger, faster, and better (in the spiritual sense). The real "heavy lifting" , which certainly involves all that we have been and done...all that has come before this moment...and which have contributed to who we are. In the sense of our "eternal soul" or, our individuated consciousness, persistent and unending.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 16-01-2020, 02:02 AM
Seeker
We are everything and will continue to be everything!
"The Godhead is never an object of it’s own knowledge. Just as a knife doesn’t cut itself, fire doesn’t burn itself, light doesn’t illumine itself. It’s always an endless mystery to itself." - Alan Watts

http://www.enlightenedpursuits.com