Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-01-2020, 08:43 PM
MAYA EL MAYA EL is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 305
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Nevermind, I will just confine all my activity to the Hindu forum in future and if the staff wish to take any punitive action with respect to myself, they can make sure I can only post in that section if I am ever tempted to stray outside of it.

So, if anybody wishes to discuss Hinduism and have a REAL talk about it, instead of apportioning blame to that religion for all their woes in life, you know where to find me.

...and those who are Hinduphobes will avoid that section anyway, so it is a win/win.

I'm done here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Hinduism was not a religion? By definition that is.
Or at least that's what it saidguru said
In one of his lectures.

Even if it was by definition a religion I wouldn't give it much credit due to the fact all of its followers aged and died just like everybody else does and look at the quality of the country. As saidguru also said what kind of fruit does the tree make that'll tell you if it's worth keeping or not
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-01-2020, 01:56 AM
janielee janielee is offline
Suspended
Master
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,785
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some people might object to your 'inspired words', but one only has to examine the last 10 posts and one might come to the conclusion that Altair has 'become the enemy'. I have felt I have been put in that category numerous times when some posters have tried stirring hatred toward me by writing that I an a denier, "FALSE NEWS", "FOX NEWS", etc.. Surprisingly, the ones doing these personal attacks are Hindus or have Hindu leanings.

John,

Why do you have to raise this every few posts. You are continually criticising a target group and carrying the grudge. And apparently group all these enemies together.

Then inferring attack post after post, and expecting to not be responded to, with impunity, seems rather sly.

Your position on climate change is here. For the record.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...114687&page=26

Jl

Last edited by janielee : 11-01-2020 at 03:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-01-2020, 03:26 AM
janielee janielee is offline
Suspended
Master
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,785
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
These days many spiritual people are big on Hindu thought, and often on here, anyone questioning Hindu concepts of karma, samsara, moksha, and guru's will have a hard time avoiding personal attacks from people who believe in these things. It tends to be more subtle than any argumentative 'jihad' you get from monotheists, but there's definitely an ''aura'' of 'only Hindu conclusions are correct'.

I stand by what I said, Hindu beliefs are what other religions were at other times. It is of course a specific interpretation of Hinduism, but it's almost impossible to have a conversation about spiritual topics without a majority here tell you that you simply have to accept core tenets of Hinduism, and questioning it in any way means you're ''ego''. So convenient for those that believe in it. It stifles discussion.

Of course you do. What you accuse others of is exactly what you do, and to be fair, no one can have a conversation with someone who’s never walked into the woods but claims he is the master of the trees. It’s like debating the word peace with someone who is constantly on edge, and argues peace is a fabrication aimed at the gullible. There is no point, do you see?

As to Hinduism, have you ever heard of the concept of respect? And if you haven’t, have you ever considered that until you try it out for yourself, perhaps you don’t really understand what you are talking about, and to not mock that which is respected by another, and does no harm? The reason most people don’t walk into religious halls and stand there mocking its followers is due to the understanding of the limitations of ones own biases and beliefs, plus basic human decency. What makes you believe a forum is any different? Let alone when it’s clear that you don’t have any significant conception of spirituality in real life, and are extremely strongly enmeshed in your own beliefs, that I doubt this is a pattern only related to spiritual topics. Any serious inquirer would act differently. I’ve never seen you change your mind once, and even dear inavalan can’t get through, and he’s not even a follower of any religion as far as I can see.

Bless,

Jl
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-01-2020, 03:47 AM
janielee janielee is offline
Suspended
Master
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,785
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
instead of apportioning blame to that religion for all their woes in life

Yeah true its projection

Jl
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-01-2020, 05:52 AM
ajay00 ajay00 is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 982
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Hinduism was not a religion? By definition that is.
Or at least that's what it saidguru said
In one of his lectures.

Even if it was by definition a religion I wouldn't give it much credit due to the fact all of its followers aged and died just like everybody else does and look at the quality of the country. As saidguru also said what kind of fruit does the tree make that'll tell you if it's worth keeping or not


Religion is just a tool for raising consciousness from a lower state of consciousness marked by dualistic conflict, agitation,hatred, vicious conduct to a higher state marked by mindfulness,love, compassion, virtuous conduct, harmony and so on.

Hinduism will qualify as a religion if it has the above characterestics.


Statistically speaking, India is an anomaly, as all other ancient civilizations like the egyptian, babylonian, persian, assyrian have collapsed and disintegrated, while we are still intact and alive in this old world.


I would say that this is because of India's generous contributions to world civilization and culture.


I am convinced that everything has come down to us from the banks of the Ganges, astronomy, astrology, metempsychosis, etc. It does not behoove us, who were only savages and barbarians when these Indians and Chinese peoples were civilized and learned, to dispute their antiquity. ~ Voltaire

"India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages: she was the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Arabs, of much of our mathematics; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all."~ Will Durant



India and China were the richest nations on earth in the sixteenth century as per Forbes and economic historian Angus Maddison. In 1700, India's share of world income was almost equivalent to that of the whole of europe.


India is the only nation other than Atlantis that has an ocean named after it, due to the extensive commercial traffic and trading that took place there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_India

Unfortunately, both India and China along with other Asian and african nations came under western colonialism in the last two centuries. The British who came as humble traders to India, later used Indian sepoys or mercenaries to start establishing their rule in India gradually, which impoverished the nation from being among the richest to the poorest on earth.


Indian and china, after independence took the route of socialism and communism respectively, which stifled their overall economic growth but ensured that the poor and underprivileged got state resources for development, and meet their primary needs. Still India and China have emerged from the depths of poverty to being the fastest growing major economies in the world at the moment, lifting millions out of poverty every year, and quite reflective of the past where they used to be the dominant economies on earth.

With growing economic development, all other parameters linked to social development is also rising.

As the saying goes, 'The rising tide lifts all boats.'
__________________
Blessed is the mind that jumps over and beyond its own conditioning and lands again into its natural state of unmoving awareness. - Mooji

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-01-2020, 06:39 AM
MAYA EL MAYA EL is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 305
 
Man that is a lot of excuses and blind favoritism from what I see . And excuses and money aside im talking about right now here in reality this very moment how is the quality of life as a nation? And how is the heart and integrity of the people?. Feom what I see they would sell the shirt off of there back for the right price while on the flipside they will reject life and devote the rest of there lifes to sitting in 1 spot trying not to have a thought happen on there head and thinking that a life of not thinking in the lotus posture and chastisement of all worldly things is somehow a good thing and that people should envy them and learn from them on the art of how to be dead while alive..
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-01-2020, 07:24 AM
ajay00 ajay00 is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 982
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
Man that is a lot of excuses and blind favoritism from what I see . And excuses and money aside im talking about right now here in reality this very moment how is the quality of life as a nation? And how is the heart and integrity of the people?. Feom what I see they would sell the shirt off of there back for the right price while on the flipside they will reject life and devote the rest of there lifes to sitting in 1 spot trying not to have a thought happen on there head and thinking that a life of not thinking in the lotus posture and chastisement of all worldly things is somehow a good thing and that people should envy them and learn from them on the art of how to be dead while alive..


Have no idea what you are talking over here !

You seem to have mixed up a lot of unrelated things like an amateur chef for consumption !
__________________
Blessed is the mind that jumps over and beyond its own conditioning and lands again into its natural state of unmoving awareness. - Mooji

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-01-2020, 08:37 AM
Altair Altair is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,610
  Altair's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Of course you do. What you accuse others of is exactly what you do, and to be fair, no one can have a conversation with someone who’s never walked into the woods but claims he is the master of the trees. It’s like debating the word peace with someone who is constantly on edge, and argues peace is a fabrication aimed at the gullible. There is no point, do you see?

As to Hinduism, have you ever heard of the concept of respect? And if you haven’t, have you ever considered that until you try it out for yourself, perhaps you don’t really understand what you are talking about, and to not mock that which is respected by another, and does no harm? The reason most people don’t walk into religious halls and stand there mocking its followers is due to the understanding of the limitations of ones own biases and beliefs, plus basic human decency. What makes you believe a forum is any different? Let alone when it’s clear that you don’t have any significant conception of spirituality in real life, and are extremely strongly enmeshed in your own beliefs, that I doubt this is a pattern only related to spiritual topics. Any serious inquirer would act differently. I’ve never seen you change your mind once, and even dear inavalan can’t get through, and he’s not even a follower of any religion as far as I can see.

I have complimented Hinduism various times on here. I enjoy its variety and practicality, have applied a couple of practices, and I've complimented it here in my previous post. However, I won't shy away from questioning its conclusions or many of the concepts raised [karma, samsara, liberation, etc.], which is exactly what a discussion forum is for.

You on the other hand do not like that one bit. You have always been very antagonizing towards anyone who is exploring and questioning commonly held traditional beliefs or has a different interpretation of guru's. You do not respond with reason or develop arguments, because you dislike the ''intellect'' by your own account, so instead you respond with emotion and venom.

You talk about peace and decency but you accuse others of not being spiritual, and try to get to them personally, because they question guru's and commonly held beliefs. I think you need to look at yourself first before you talk about peace and decency.

Last edited by Altair : 11-01-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-01-2020, 09:04 AM
Altair Altair is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,610
  Altair's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Statistically speaking, India is an anomaly, as all other ancient civilizations like the egyptian, babylonian, persian, assyrian have collapsed and disintegrated, while we are still intact and alive in this old world.

India also had major changes over the centuries and millennia, as did Greece, Egypt, Rome. Collapse and disintegrations, as you say. See influences and impact of Upanishad period, Islamic conquests, Christianity and colonialism, the modern age. The people of pre-Upanishad period ate cows and worshipped Agni, not Krishna for example. India has been in flux like any other civilization. The ancient Indus civilization had cities that are no longer inhabited, same with some old places in Egypt and Iraq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
I would say that this is because of India's generous contributions to world civilization and culture.
[i]
“I am convinced that everything has come down to us from the banks of the Ganges, astronomy, astrology, metempsychosis, etc. It does not behoove us, who were only savages and barbarians when these Indians and Chinese peoples were civilized and learned, to dispute their antiquity.” ~ Voltaire
I don't see anything to suggest ''everything has come'' from India. It's akin to all peoples on the planet came from the biblical tribes of Israel.
Voltaire came from a period in Europe where it was a common stereotype among philosophers to see Europe as a place of savagery pre-Enlightenment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Unfortunately, both India and China along with other Asian and african nations came under western colonialism in the last two centuries. The British who came as humble traders to India, later used Indian sepoys or mercenaries to start establishing their rule in India gradually, which impoverished the nation from being among the richest to the poorest on earth.
Ancient Rome was also very rich, but... only for the upper class.
I would say India's (current) poverty isn't the fault of ''the West''. If it would be than why participate in global trade and accept medicine? Maybe it has and had more to do with it being a class-based society that tells its poor that they are poor due to past life karma? India doesn't have to participate in global trade, science and medicine, and develop its economy, it's a choice. It seems it wants to though, shed the old and embrace the new.

Last edited by Altair : 11-01-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-01-2020, 09:09 AM
shivatar shivatar is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Olympia, Washington
Posts: 1,895
  shivatar's Avatar
I don't think you are angry. I think you are envious.

I wish I was fed poop wrapped in diamonds too. Don't we all?

haha i can hear it already. so many people thinking and saying in their heads "no! no! i do not want to eat poop!" aka. I do not want to believe something that's not true even if its wrapped up all nice and pretty in nice words, concepts and ideas.

yeah, well nobody does, but that is how so many things are packaged to people. We are sold poop under the advertisement of diamonds.

"I am God" but eventually we learn that God is a murderer, rapist, thief, and everything else that we fear and hate and despise. Poop in diamond wrapping, believe it homie lol.

the crazy thing is that even though that is what God is, and may be now, that is not all that God is. God has so many more tricks in its book. People can never understand that, all the tricks that God has in its book.

so whatever. people gonna be constantly in a struggle of good vs poop vs diamonds. Let them be. Do what you want to do. Let other people worry about if God is a pile of poop, diamonds, or whatever else heck the debate about what god currely is.
__________________
I log once every couple of months, sometimes a couple times a week.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums