Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-12-2019, 03:56 PM
Knower

NDE and DMT

I have been studying NDE for a while. I know there is an N there which stands for near. But studies have shown that there is little to no difference between an NDE and a DMT "trip".

But then again, there are some people who report having NDE but not remembering anything, like a dreamless sleep (unconscious/unaware as pre-birth), claiming they didn't experience anything and everything else stating that it has to do with the chemical reactions of the neurons within the brain. That our brains are more evolved than the animal brain because we have the neocortex developed, thus making us "humans".

I know the DMT is also called the spirit molecule, but still all the NDE can be assumed to be the brain dying flooding everything with DMT, hence those experiences (which a lot of people regard as hallucinations of an oxygen deprived dying brain). I read that DMT is generated in big quantities at birth and at death, when the brain is dying trying to survive, giving "the one last ride, before the vanish into oblivion or final end or the last enlightment ".

What do you think? Are all those spiritual experiences that couldn't be explained in the past transmitted over generations due to the dying brain releasing DMT?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/artic...c-de9686d02afa

"No significant differences were found between DMT administration and ‘actual’ NDEs" and that NDEs can be reproduced by taking DMT. Are these experiences delusions like believing in Santa Claus or other perpetuated stories from ancient mythology?

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...018.01424/full

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRC-Of6hoBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUWgtbIhgE

Thank you

Last edited by freebird : 21-12-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 21-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Master

Back to the old discussion which keeps on reappearing in this forum.

Some people try to reduce all human experience to brain activity, including the nature of consciousness. Thus the NDE becomes a final trip generated by chemicals in the brain before everything shuts down.

Others consider a human as having other bodies (spiritual, mental, emotional) which express through the physical body via the brain. Thus the NDE is a natural consequence of the other bodies separating from the physical and temporarily experiencing non-physical dimensions until the physical body is revived. Of course, if the connecting link between these other bodies and the physical is broken then the physical body cannot be revived.

The latter makes more sense to me, but I suspect we will see the usual arguments for and against in response.

Peace
Old 23-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Lorelyen

Yes, it's always going to be discussable. The nervous system as a whole passes data about everything a human can eventually perceive around the body. Much goes to the brain that does have an overarching control of the autonomous systems also. Once it gets to the brain it becomes information and that in turn becomes experience. Hallucinogenics tend to shut down parts of the brain concerning intellect and reasoning, so I suppose.
However, one's residual judgement usually remains intact.

This is a subject that of which we have to be careful on the forum to avoid encouraging experiment. However, many chemicals affect mood etc: perfumes in particular.
'
Old 23-12-2019, 01:34 PM
hazada guess

I read somewhere that DMT was stored in the Pineal Gland in the Brain.Perhaps it is released when we pass,but people who have had anNDE swear that they were not Hallucinating at the time and some people have gone on to prove that NDE's are not a Hallucination.Who knows,we will all find out eventually.
Old 23-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Knower

Thank you all for your answers! I am not endorsing the use of any drugs.
So the question is, based on the findings that DMT can reproduce NDE, does this mean that the NDE is nothing more than a hallucination(everything happening within the brain)? Since DMT is also triggered upon death
Old 23-12-2019, 03:33 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
Thank you all for your answers! I am not endorsing the use of any drugs.
So the question is, based on the findings that DMT can reproduce NDE, does this mean that the NDE is nothing more than a hallucination(everything happening within the brain)? Since DMT is also triggered upon death

These are my thoughts only so who knows? I think that nde's are real but further heightened by the release of DMT.
Old 23-12-2019, 03:51 PM
hazada guess

Regarding my above post,Some NDE's have been proven such as people being brought back to life on the operating table.They recall floating above their bodies and recollecting everything that was going on around them correctly so I should have no doubt that NDE's are real.There are people on this Forum who have had them and I am in no doubt about them occurring.
Old 23-12-2019, 09:11 PM
Master

Quote:

Do you believe that a human being is just a physical body?

Or do you believe that a human being is more than just a physical body?

Peace.
Old 24-12-2019, 05:02 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Do you believe that a human being is just a physical body?

Or do you believe that a human being is more than just a physical body?

Peace.

Do beliefs matter?(Especially my beliefs). Will the outcome change due to beliefs?
Will be there no more worms on this planet because I believe they went extinct? Where does the energy of a computer go when it is shut down? Will it be like the nothingness before birth?

Now to answer your question, the latter (human being more than just a physical body) resonates with me, but it might be just wishful thinking after all

Last edited by freebird : 24-12-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Old 26-12-2019, 07:18 PM
Knower

Then again, if 2 cars collide, it is easier to assume they are just wrecked rather than explaining all the forces that occurred.

Quote:
Do beliefs matter?(Especially my beliefs). Will the outcome change due to beliefs?
Will be there no more worms on this planet because I believe they went extinct? Where does the energy of a computer go when it is shut down? Will it be like the nothingness before birth?

Now to answer your question, the latter (human being more than just a physical body) resonates with me, but it might be just wishful thinking after all