Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 26-11-2019, 04:34 AM
Ascender

Thoughts about our need for an explanation.

Hello all.

Wondering about-- how powerful is our need for an explanation when contemplating the unknown?

And so on--

petex
Old 26-11-2019, 04:44 AM
Knower
Incredibly powerful. Science is founded on this need. It seems perhaps to be humanity’s calling to strive for greater understanding.
Old 26-11-2019, 05:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello all.

Wondering about-- how powerful is our need for an explanation when contemplating the unknown?

And so on--

petex
For some, wanting to know what is on the 'other side of the mountain' is a desire instilled in us.
For others, not much curiosity.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-11-2019, 05:44 AM
Master

For me, more important is to know why I am here, now; what I have to do here, now.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-11-2019, 07:41 AM
JustASimpleGuy

I'm assuming by knowing you mean knowing ultimate truth and in reasonable detail how it all works after death. That is the age-old question.

It was important for me in the past and that was due to a splinter of doubt and fear. Now that the doubt is removed the fear is gone and the need for knowing is also gone.

It's an intellectual impossibility to know the unknowable and that's part of the problem. The mind absolutely detests that conundrum. It is wont to reject paths that don't seem to have a solid explanation as to the details. Too simple. Fairy tale. Pipe dream. Fantasy. Or it blindly accepts without questioning and understanding, adopting an unquestioning, inflexible, dogmatic and overly literal interpretation of a path. Either way the conundrum is removed but never truly understood.

How does it all really work? I haven't the slightest clue and that's okay because in the end it just is, and what I believe or disbelieve doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It's okay I don't understand because I'm not designed with the capacity to understand. There are far, far more things I'm incapable of understanding or doing than I'm capable of. Why should this be treated any different?
Old 26-11-2019, 04:11 PM
Ascender

Hi.

We might also wonder when the process of understanding--or perhaps more accurately--seeking to understand--begins. Certainly at birth, possibly before? but whichever, the new born begins the wondrous and complex process of fitting together cause and effect using evidence provided by the sensory faculties--which the new born is also having to investigate and become familiar with ( as a personal opinion, if ever there were needed evidence to support ideas concerning the miracle of life, then imo this immediate post natal development provides such evidence, for it is amazing)

Wondering on a little further,

Is this process connected in some way with the realisation of "self" being seemingly distinct from what is sensed,--observed, touched, smelt, heard, and so on ?

petex
Old 26-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Master

Explanation is nothing more then learning. I feel it's about the now as opposed to the afterlife.
Old 26-11-2019, 04:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastthemirror
Incredibly powerful. Science is founded on this need. It seems perhaps to be humanity’s calling to strive for greater understanding.
This is a good point, explanation can lead to concrete outcomes such as medicine and cures, something very specific. It is incredibly easy to see this in science and even in terms of events in past actions (in the present now) on the learning curve of past spiritual actions that have led us to now, such as we don't do now. Just pointing out we can see the importance explanation (has) leads to and does it continue. I'm sure the thought of explanations of the past were frowned on before having the same question today of need. It will lead to cause and effect.
Old 27-11-2019, 02:31 AM
Experiencer

I think it's cause we're wanting to understand the world around us cause of how vast it is, and wanting to learn cause of it, and it helps create spaces for growing, thru explanations and sharing understandings thru perspectives.
Old 27-11-2019, 04:40 AM
Ascender

Re post 7.

Wondering how explanation(s) based upon supposition fit in with the suggestion that "explanation is nothing more than learning" ?

Mythologies could be considered as examples of explanation based upon supposition--?

We might imagine that explanations contained in mythologies are in response to there being a need for a satisfying answer ?

petex