Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 22-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Master
Post A real Matrix

Do you think we could see a real Matrix experience in this world, in the future..?

I am not talking about our material world and illusion/desires/attachment as covering our spiritual senses and preventing us from seeing what we really are..
This is not about any metaphor, I'm thinking about a real matrix, like in the movies..

We know realistic Virtual Reality is coming at some point. If that technology gets developed further we could link up our experiences in a collective VR..
If that experience is controlled by authorities we are not far from being in an actual matrix, minus the AI and having our physical bodies actually sleeping.

Do you think this will become a reality?
And do you think it is desirable? What would be the pros and the cons, if any at all?
Old 22-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Master
There have been movies made about this. Where the person is actually in deep trance and his/her mind travels to another realm interacting with others, etc.

But this physical reality is corrupt and I wouldn't put my mind into the hands of another just to have new experiences. What if?

I'll wait until this body is worn out and dies and then I will experience the things I desire in my astral body.

Just my take on the subject.

If you hit rock bottom, start picking up rocks.

You know nothing, Jon Snow. Ygritte from Game of Thrones.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:17 PM
Experiencer

Hello Altair and all.

I believe that exercising the imagination and questioning are important characteristics of being both human and healthy. So bring on suggestions, bring on wondering and pondering Imo.

I don't know if it has a place in your deliberations, but I suggest that there is and always has been, always will be, a form of "matrix" connecting all which is, this interconnection being cause and consequence constantly happening--some of which we understand, and some which we may yet come to understand--if we survive long enough in ignorance or disregard of our part in that process for such understanding to guide our behaviour.

pete
Old 01-02-2019, 07:50 AM
Master

Is not egoic delusion a matrix?

Old 01-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Master
People..

Thanks for your posts. When I mention the matrix I mean a real technology created matrix. This is not allegory or viewing our world ''like a matrix''..
I am talking about a literal matrix, as in the movies..

(I put this in the Philosophy & Theory forum deliberately, as to avoid the spiritual understanding of 'a matrix')..

It seems to me.. based on VR developments we could actually create a real matrix in time..
What would be the implications to humanity and even spiritual growth if that were to happen. What could we (still) learn and achieve through such a 'world'?
Old 11-01-2020, 07:54 PM
Master
Question

What would it take to build a Matrix-level simulation of reality?

Quote:
Stage Technology Timeframe
  • 0 Text Adventures ~1970s-1980s
  • 1 Graphical Arcade Games ~1970s-1980s
  • 2 Graphical RPG Games ~1980s
  • 3 3D Rendered MMORPGs and Virtual Worlds ~1990s-2000s
  • 4 Immersive Virtual Reality ~2010s-2020s
  • 5 (*) Photo-realistic Augmented and Mixed Reality ~2020s
  • 6 (*) Real World Rendering: Light Fields and 3D Printing ~2010s-2020s
  • 7 (*) Mind Interfaces ~2020s-?
  • 8 (*) Implanted Memories ~2030s-?
  • 9 (*) Artificial Intelligence and NPCs ~2020s-2100?
  • 10 (*) Downloadable Consciousness ~2040s-2100?
  • 11 The Simulation Point ~2100-?
https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-t...ld-the-matrix/
Old 11-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Master
A matrix within a matrix.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:35 PM
Master

In Cosmic Disclosure they talk about an AI that take over planets, and that part of our galaxy (or other galaxies?) already are controlled by it, even people on Earth. Whether it is like in matrix or becomes like it
Old 12-01-2020, 02:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Do you think we could see a real Matrix experience in this world, in the future..?

I am not talking about our material world and illusion/desires/attachment as covering our spiritual senses and preventing us from seeing what we really are..
This is not about any metaphor, I'm thinking about a real matrix, like in the movies..

We know realistic Virtual Reality is coming at some point. If that technology gets developed further we could link up our experiences in a collective VR..
If that experience is controlled by authorities we are not far from being in an actual matrix, minus the AI and having our physical bodies actually sleeping.

Do you think this will become a reality?
And do you think it is desirable? What would be the pros and the cons, if any at all?

What's sad is its already like that only you don't realize it because the Tell-a-lie-Vision has done its job of teaching your inner vision to lie to you.
Old 14-01-2020, 02:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
People..

Thanks for your posts. When I mention the matrix I mean a real technology created matrix. This is not allegory or viewing our world ''like a matrix''..
I am talking about a literal matrix, as in the movies..

just out of curiousity, beyond 'spiritual' matrices, how do you intend to prove that previously in our development as a culture we did not already create the technology to create a VR of the desired form, then place ourselves within it? I mean how can you possibly know that what you are postulating might come to pass in the future hasn't already come to pass in the past? I'm not talking about a 'spiritual matrix' here I'm talking about pure technology of the form we are starting to create now, how do you know we aren't just recreating it while inside another matrix we already created out of similar technologies?

well, this IS a philosophy board lol!