Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 08-01-2020, 05:57 PM
Pathfinder

Liver cleanse using Milk Thistle - advice needed...

I'd like to do a liver cleanse and I've read that Milk Thistle is very good for this.

Can anyone advise me on how much I should take on a daily basis and also how long should I take Milk Thistle for?
Old 08-01-2020, 06:19 PM
You really should google liver cleanses - there are some very good ones!
Ha, I remember one with stewed dried fruits for 3 days. Gotta wrap your mind around it to get in the 'zone' to do it.
Ha, or soaking org rinsed raisins overnight and drinking the water.

Milk Thistle is a miracle.
Rem that at 3 am the liver does it's cleansing...so night time capsules are good, plenty of water.

Pls, if you are a coffee drinker ----only buy organic. No alcohol while cleansing, of course.

(Kidney, gall bl, liver all work together....learn liver points...do acupuncture points yourself - stimulating them....
with needles, online 1000 for $7, or toothpicks, or the end of a ball point pen, retracted.)

Do Uva Ursi tea every morning to stim the kidneys for the liver flushing.

Another thing is organic brown rice "only" for 21 days. Learn all u can about the Liver! ....check Duke Univer Diet.
The motels are full of people doing the Rice Diet, it's cute...Chapel Hill, NC.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-01-2020, 04:40 PM
Pathfinder

Loads of info there Miss Hepburn - thank you :)

I'm curious as to how long I should take Milk Thistle for? There is plenty of advice on the internet regarding Milk Thistle, except for how long it can be taken for a liver cleanse....
Old 10-01-2020, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara
Loads of info there Miss Hepburn - thank you :)
I'm curious as to how long I should take Milk Thistle for? There is plenty of advice on the internet regarding Milk Thistle,
except for how long it can be taken for a liver cleanse....
Oh, I don't know.
I have never heard anything about taking too much, either.
But, of course, you could take too much of anything - even water.
Lemme know what u find.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-01-2020, 01:11 PM
Administrator
Before you do any of this I would advice you to speak to your doctor

Namaste
Old 10-01-2020, 04:42 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Before you do any of this I would advice you to speak to your doctor

Namaste

I'm not having any problems with my liver, its just that I've never cleansed my liver and at the grand old age of 61, I thought it might be a good idea - especially after all the food I ate at Christmas.

Milk Thistle would be pretty harmless wouldn't it?
Old 11-01-2020, 02:09 AM
Guide

Like Native Spirit said, for good measure consult your doctor first. Conventional doctors won’t tell you milk thistle or any herb is great, after all none are FDA approved...but...I would first have a basic blood panel done by your doctor to make sure everything is functioning normally.

What I’ve learned is that there is a great wealth of information available online about superfoods, super herbs, vitamins that are so important for the function and prevention of this disease and that disease, keto diet, paleo diet, blood type diet, vegan/vegetarian diet etc. etc. BUT...each of our body chemistries are so unique that if we followed these diets and took these miracle herbs before knowing what is going on in our body specifically, it can actually do harm.

With that said, I have had intense bloodwork done and have been working with a holistic doctor who put me on a milk thistle liver detox pill and I just finished a whole bottle. I’ve taken it as she prescribed and I actually feel better. No adverse side effects for me. But please get some bloodwork done and check with your doctor first.
Old 17-01-2020, 05:41 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you Lucky and everybody else for all your help and info :)

If anyone else would like to advise, I would be grateful, even if the thread is years old when you read it...