Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 17-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Experiencer
Free Will vs Ego

I'll come back and finish my thoughts later but I can't sleep and this came to me in meditation.

We all have free will and we get to choose what thoughts to have about a situation but how much is free will and how much is ego?

Are they the same thing? One control/influence the other?
Old 17-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Lorelyen

Ego is a social process and interplays with free will. We have the free will to do anything we physically or magickally can but if we choose to break the law or constructs of our social conditioning we risk discomfort. Experience, as it pervades our egos gives us the ability to discriminate as the situation demands.

Never be bluffed that ego is a static thing whether along a timeline (we all change depending how we assimilate day to day experiences) nor in the face of changing situations. It's a public front. The ego adjusts according to what your deeper intentions are in situ.

It gets me that here it's often treated as a person's static public persona. Some spiritual aspirant reads or hears of it somewhere - youtube most likely - and thinks it's a) bad and should be got rid of and b) it's static, no matter what situation the owner finds themselves in it doesn't adjust!
Old 18-12-2017, 02:35 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychegrl
I'll come back and finish my thoughts later but I can't sleep and this came to me in meditation.

We all have free will and we get to choose what thoughts to have about a situation but how much is free will and how much is ego?

Are they the same thing? One control/influence the other?
I have contemplated on this for years so here's my take on it....I believe that the soul extension or inner being has an agenda it would like to explore ... and free will as the right of the ego.

The inner being can direct the ego where it would like to go which feels like inspiration, excitement, ease and so on or, as ego has free choice in the matter can make it own choices and travel on an alternate route...which generally doesn't feel quite so exciting...feels perhaps more logical, mind based.

There is no judgement on the part of the soul whether we stick to the desired route or not as all is experience...it just might not be as enlightening, fruitful or happier than had we remained on the path. Whether its quicker to stay on the path I'm not sure ...but I'm guessing its less dramatic lol.

Great question though :)