Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 27-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Knower
Doing just one move of qigong ?

I see videos on youtube about qigong they are always repeated a few times and its always a few different moves of qigong ... you can answer just one question or more but even one answer is also good and helpful

1 . do i have to do a few exercises each time or i can do just one movement each time ?

2 . how much times to repeat an exercises ? 8 times ? is 1 time also good ? is more than 8 good ? the more the better ?

3 . do i need to "close" after each movement (lifting arms up than down) ?

4 . what are the benefits in the exercises and do they stay if i only do 1 movement ?
Old 30-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
I see videos on youtube about qigong they are always repeated a few times and its always a few different moves of qigong ... you can answer just one question or more but even one answer is also good and helpful

1 . do i have to do a few exercises each time or i can do just one movement each time ?

2 . how much times to repeat an exercises ? 8 times ? is 1 time also good ? is more than 8 good ? the more the better ?

3 . do i need to "close" after each movement (lifting arms up than down) ?

4 . what are the benefits in the exercises and do they stay if i only do 1 movement ?

There are hundreds of different types of Qigong, if you tell me which Form you are interested in learning I can help you...
It depends on a persons stamina/strength on how many times you do each movement but usually you do each movement more than once and do the whole Form from beginning to end.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Knower
You can answer me based on what you practice - tell me what you practice and tell me by that you dont have to make a statment for all types of qigong just what is true for yours

I just watch qi gong youtube videos and do them (no money for a teacher) - i did 8 brocades for example - 5 elements and more videos i dont remember their names now

just want to know from peopel what are their views on this - and if someone can tell me why you need to do more than one or one is beneficial or why do they do the "ending" move after each type of move etc that would be very helpful to me
Old 01-10-2017, 01:20 PM
Guide

Goto www.taichi18.com
look at what you find there and it may answer some of your questions.
This form, the 18 form 'Sibashi' Tai Chi is very popular in Malaysia.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
You can answer me based on what you practice - tell me what you practice and tell me by that you dont have to make a statment for all types of qigong just what is true for yours

I just watch qi gong youtube videos and do them (no money for a teacher) - i did 8 brocades for example - 5 elements and more videos i dont remember their names now

just want to know from peopel what are their views on this - and if someone can tell me why you need to do more than one or one is beneficial or why do they do the "ending" move after each type of move etc that would be very helpful to me

Ok i'll try and help you
First I would suggest you stick to one Form until you can do it yourself from memory, to many different one's will confuse a beginner.
The eight brocade is a very easy and beautiful Form to start with, if you practise this for about six months it will set you on a path to start learning another.
Learn one movement at a time, do it as many times a day as you want until you can do it without looking at your video, move on to the next when you feel comfortable.
Qigong is about quality, not quantity and ten mins each day done properly is better than hours done incorrectly.
As I said while you are first learning do each move as many times as you want but when you learn the moves by memory then it's best to do each move 3 times, you start on an in breath and finish the whole form on an out breath, you flow from one move to the next, breathing in... out.... Qigong means ' controlling the breath '
Hope this helps... PM me if you get stuck, I teach Qigong.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
Goto www.taichi18.com
look at what you find there and it may answer some of your questions.
This form, the 18 form 'Sibashi' Tai Chi is very popular in Malaysia.

Great Video, I also teach this love the music and I don't have it.... I want it ....
Old 02-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Great Video, I also teach this love the music and I don't have it.... I want it ....
You can strip the music off the video.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
You can strip the music off the video.

Gosh I wouldn't know how...
I am technology thick. But thank you because I could get someone to do it for me
Old 02-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Gosh I wouldn't know how...
I am technology thick. But thank you because I could get someone to do it for me
Open the YT video
Open a 2nd browser window, goto http://youtubeconverter.me/
Copy the YT video address to the convertor
Click 'Create mp3'
Wait for the conversion to finish
Right-click the 'Download' button below the pictures row
Select 'Save Link As'
Choose the location to save

Even if someone does it for you there is still the question of how to get it to you
Old 02-10-2017, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Open the YT video
Open a 2nd browser window, goto http://youtubeconverter.me/
Copy the YT video address to the convertor
Click 'Create mp3'
Wait for the conversion to finish
Right-click the 'Download' button below the pictures row
Select 'Save Link As'
Choose the location to save

Even if someone does it for you there is still the question of how to get it to you

Thank you, I will have a try later and let you know, I really appreciate your help.