Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 23-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Master
My dad

Yesterday marked twenty nine years since my dad died.

I never remember until after the date, some years I don't remember at all. I had a difficult day yesterday and I wonder if he was visiting me and that's why... seems a little self-centred though, as I'm sure he has more than just me to visit. I notice the lack of him quite keenly this year anyway and it makes me feel hypocritical.

Old 23-01-2011, 10:50 PM
lost soul

I lost my Mum a year ago, I have not felt her since the funeral, not once, and for while I actually got quite angry as to why she hadn't gone out of her way to at least give me some kind of evidence lol but then the sense kicks in and I think how selfish I am for demanding her presence, but knowing me if she did visit me I would but it down to some thing else lol, cant please me no matter what lol

I am sure he has been with you many times without your knowledge x
Old 23-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Jules

K never ever feel guilty for not remembering on the day. It's my dad's 24th anniversary on the 27th and it's been like that with me some years. and yes I felt totally guilty. But then when I sat back and thought about it, why feel guilty, and why should I not forget about it? It's not like I forgot him - I speak to him more now than I did when he was alive!!
You're not being hypocritical or self centred to want him to visit you .. just remember one thing, he's with you whenever you think about him. He's just a thought away, he's a breathe of wind on your face, a whisper in a breeze. And most of all,he's in your heart. He's not gone anywhere, it's only when we feel low and life gets in the way that we can't quite reach them. Send a thought when you're laying in the quiet, and listen/feel for him in your dreams and waking hours.
big hugs hunni xxxxxx
Old 23-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Master
Hi lost soul and Jules, thank you both.

I'm sure he's been with me quite often - or at least around me. It's my understanding that he is a guide for my youngest son - it was around when he was born that my "awakening" began in earnest.

I'm not sure I feel guilty for not remembering but more of "why am I remembering so much now?" when in the past I haven't. It's like being nine years old again and it's fresh. I wonder if I didn't grieve well - I didn't get counseling when it happened, didn't go to the funeral, or was allowed to cry much about it. I was just told and that was that. Off to school next day. I hadn't seen him for a long time before it so... abandonment issues I guess. Blah. What what what why why why.

Old 30-01-2011, 03:41 AM
flutterangel

Hi Kaere,
You are probably correct in that if he is a guide for your youngest son, then he is around you more now. That may be why you are remembering so much now, vs. then. Also, at nine I can imagine it would be hard to grieve. Please don't be so hard on yourself. You are such a sweet soul, and healing happens at different times, when we are ready.
love and hugs to you,
flutter
Old 30-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Master
Hi Kaere

*hugs*

Souls evolve on other side too.. maybe he is sharing knowledge on some level.

I get a tool bag with him lol... sorry could be way off but thats what I see .. its like a bag that ties around waist with tools

I forget my dad as well some years..
The years may go then pop he turns up...
U will work it out naturally and peacefully with a sense of wonder I feel

love and light
:)
Old 30-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Master
Children are senstive maybe u closed off then on some level??? just a ? Kaere no offense meant... like Flutter said healing happens at different times when we are ready.

Wait for the magic ( dont know what that means.. but sounds cool to me lol)

Blessings

xo
Old 30-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Master
Thank you flutterangel for your kind thoughts and sentiments.

Smiler, no offense taken - yes, it's very possible that I closed off on some level. And yes, a tool belt would be him very much - he was a carpenter.

Old 30-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Master
*HUGS Kaere*

Love and light
:)
Old 19-02-2011, 03:50 AM
AngelBreeze

*~~ *~~ Kaere *~~ *~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Yesterday marked twenty nine years since my dad died.

I never remember until after the date, some years I don't remember at all. I had a difficult day yesterday and I wonder if he was visiting me and that's why... seems a little self-centred though, as I'm sure he has more than just me to visit. I notice the lack of him quite keenly this year anyway and it makes me feel hypocritical.

Warmest greetings, Kaere!

Please know that we are an extension of our parents who brought us into the world. Therefore, when in Spirit, especially, they know that we think about them but within our human capacity cannot fully reach out to them as easily as they can to us due to the vibrational difference.

I sense that your dad was very much with you that day and brought you more joy than you can possibly imagine! I see lots of rainbows and little birds around your head as a special present from him. So, be assured that he wanted to share the anniversary of his earthly passing with you and to say that he is doing alright and always thinking of you whom he loves much!

I just now heard him say give her a big hug for me, so here it is:

He wants happiness to abound in your life and for you to feel like the dynamic person you were meant to be!

Just now as I was writing this, spirit moved something that was stable in the house and I take that as confirmation that he was here to wish you the very best with all his love!

Have a wonderful day!