Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 07-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Experiencer

Stones you feel / don't feel

I'm wondering which stones you've felt something from and which stones you haven't. Please list the stones you've felt something from and those you haven't, and elaborate.

I'll start.

I've felt something from ocean jasper. When I put it on after a long day at work and am all achy, it takes away the ache in like 5 minutes.

Tiger's eye . When I first picked it up, it made my palm ache. This happened even when it was given to me in a "blind test." My friend put various stones in the palm of my hand while I kept my eyes closed. I gave her my impressions. The first stone she put in my palm was Tiger's eye and when I felt it I felt my palm ache. The aching intensified. The piece she put in my palm was quite tiny...maybe the size of a dime...or even smaller.

Moldivite. I felt a "moldivite flush."

Petosky stone. I felt calmed.

Danburite. I felt happier...better...It's been awhile since I've used danburite and felt it, and I can't remember the reaction precisely, but it was all good.

Citrine eased my depression.

Black tourmaline Made me feel safer in the world. That could be purely psychological. Not sure how much is the stone and how much is my expectation.

Blue lace agate Helped my neck when it was bothering me. I placed thumb stones around my neck and the pain eased.

Shell Jasper Felt soothed, calmed, gentled.

Amazonite Helps with depression. It never feels like it's helping at the time I use it, but later I always feel better, and so I attribute the change to the amazonite since it's so consistent.

That's all I can remember right off. If I remember more, I'll post again.

There are stones I think help me, but their effect isn't as strong as the ones above, so I'm not listing them.

As for the stones I didn't feel anything from:

Unakite.
Dumorierite
Old 07-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Ascender
Tiger's eye, carnelian, amber and jasper feel warm and pleasant.
I like jade also.
These gemstones remind me of food, especially sweets.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Experiencer

Interesting reply, Howla. Warm and pleasant make sense. The sweets part was a surprise.

Your name reminded me of something else: Howlite has helped me with severe stomach ache--reflux, indigestion, that sort of thing. It feels cool and soothing on my stomach when I'm in that kind of distress.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:52 AM
IndigoSong

Hi,

These are the the strongest reactions I've had:

I bought a super seven over the internet and when it arrived and I opened the packet and held it, it sent a tingle up my arm to my elbow and it felt like I was holding something alive. I think it was saying hi because I haven't felt it as strongly since then.

I'm fine with green aventurine but other colours - especially blue - make me feel queasy if I touch them. I can't even look at blue aventurine most days I feel that bad. Green and yellow jade affects me in a similar way though not as strongly, I just get this feeling in me saying "put the jade down and go away." I'm fine with lavendar jade, though not for long or I start to feel the go-away vibes, and dianite/blue jade hasn't affected me like that at all.

I can get really bad PMT and there was one day when I was suffering badly from it but I had to go out and be with family the whole day. As I was getting ready (and already in a snappy mood) I felt like I was forgetting something. I was running around trying to figure out what it was when I saw my rather large septarian freeform... I was like, no way, no you are way to heavy to carry around the whole day. I tried to walk away but it was like there was a wall in the way, I couldn't get more than three feet or so away. So I got to carry him around all day... and was fine and in a good mood the whole day!

Quartz... I love clear quartz. I have these two points in particular that I feel I have to touch and gaze at. Somedays it's almost an obsession, I *have* to keep looking at them but it wears off if I'm not in the room with them...

Most of the time I don't feel them all that well, sometimes I get a thought out of the blue like "hmmm, I think x wants to come out today" or "oh, y needs cleansing!" Having said that I don't remember ever having a reaction to any jasper...

And I totally get the sweets thing too!! A bowl of tumblestones look like sweets and sometimes I can almost taste sugar... but then I do have a sweet tooth lol...
Old 08-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Experiencer

Thanks so much for your reply, Indigo. That kind of response is just what I was hoping for. I love to hear how crystals effect people. That's so interesting about the adventurine--the "go away" vibes.

I forgot to say that I have a real problem with ruby. Last time I used it I took a bath with it. I felt better afterwards, for about 5 minutes, then the rest of the day I felt unwell. I've read that ruby raises blood pressure, and maybe it raised mine and that's why I felt bad? I dunno, but I do know I need to stay away from ruby. It's supposed to help with back pain and when I had a bad backache I think my tiny piece did help, which is why I bought more. If I have severe back pain again, I will probably try it, but other way, it's hand off for me.

The septarian story is fun, inspiring, and just flat out wonderful.

It's fascinating how we react differently to stones. I love Jasper... it calls to me all the time. It's one of my favorite stones.

So cool about the Super 7.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Master

I like all crystals including Ruby. The only one that I can't "get" anything from is surprisingly moldavite. I am not even sure if its authentic or fake. All crystals speak to us or touch us in different ways at different times. But clear quartz is something I wear constantly. It won't let me take it off:)
Old 09-07-2015, 12:28 AM
Experiencer

moonincancer, what does clear quartz feel like to you? Have any of your quartz turned cloudy? Do you program it?

The first piece of moldavite I got did nothing for me. I returned it and bought two more pieces elsewhere. One piece did something for me; the other did not.

Wish I could wear ruby, but I definitely can't.

Yes, we all respond differently to stones. I love hearing how individuals respond to particular stones. Don't know why I do, but I really do. So thanks for responding.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
moonincancer, what does clear quartz feel like to you? Have any of your quartz turned cloudy? Do you program it?

The first piece of moldavite I got did nothing for me. I returned it and bought two more pieces elsewhere. One piece did something for me; the other did not.

Wish I could wear ruby, but I definitely can't.

Yes, we all respond differently to stones. I love hearing how individuals respond to particular stones. Don't know why I do, but I really do. So thanks for responding.
Clear Quartz feels like a protective shield of light around me.
My quartz has not turned cloudy: not even the clusters. I wash them with sea salt and water regularly, charge them in sunlight and put in an intention to let only all that's for my higher good come in. I sometimes treat all my crystals to chakra clearing tones (recorded on tuning forks of different frequencies).Its called sound clearing.
I like this thread:)
Old 09-07-2015, 01:38 AM
OneChord

I once had a super 7, loved it. Eventually I threw it away but I think it served a purpose. I felt a presence of different beings, they could actually talk to me so it was kinda weird but oddly comforting.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:04 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonincancer
Clear Quartz feels like a protective shield of light around me.
My quartz has not turned cloudy: not even the clusters. I wash them with sea salt and water regularly, charge them in sunlight and put in an intention to let only all that's for my higher good come in. I sometimes treat all my crystals to chakra clearing tones (recorded on tuning forks of different frequencies).Its called sound clearing.
I like this thread:)

Thanks for this response. I am going to concentrate on taking care of my quartz for the next several days. (I tend to ignore my quartz. I've been kind of afraid of it...don't know why. Not afraid of it precisely...just afraid that I won't "do it right." I don't have that fear with my other stones. Maybe I just needed your guidance!--your model.) I do have one tuning fork, which I will put to use. And quartz can be put into sunlight, so I'll try that, too. I will copy your intention, too. I stumble around trying to figure out what intention to use, and yours is so clear and simple.