Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for all you replies. I saw this restraint thing more like something that has to do with fate. Some things just are not made for some people no matter how much they want it. Life will allways keep putting stones in your way to reach a certain goal. Like a warning sign that this way is forbidden to you. Up till now i allways looked at it that way...
But now my spirit to fight has awoken. I really want to reach my goal, no matter what obstacles gonna stand in my way. Let's see if life will put me back in my old place. But now it will have to force me, cause i'm a fighter now. Maybe that was the lesson all along: to fight with all you got to reach a dream or a certain goal. Even if it seems impossible.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhu86
Thanks for all you replies. I saw this restraint thing more like something that has to do with fate. Some things just are not made for some people no matter how much they want it. Life will allways keep putting stones in your way to reach a certain goal. Like a warning sign that this way is forbidden to you. Up till now i allways looked at it that way...
But now my spirit to fight has awoken. I really want to reach my goal, no matter what obstacles gonna stand in my way. Let's see if life will put me back in my old place. But now it will have to force me, cause i'm a fighter now. Maybe that was the lesson all along: to fight with all you got to reach a dream or a certain goal. Even if it seems impossible.

Every time I hear the word fate, I think of the movie, Terminator 2, where she's taught that there is no fate, the future's not set and can be changed. Love that movie.

Our beliefs can be a real tricky thing. We choose what we believe in, it's kinda like that saying, be careful what you wish for. We are setting the stage for what can happen in the future. Don't take things too seriously.
Best wishes.

Old 28-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Experiencer
That sure is inspiring. To fight no matter what. I want to be part of it. When everyone quits, you keep pushing.
Old 28-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by essvass
Dear linen53,

I love your post and your excellent advice. I think many people become more depressed than they would otherwise (if they had a better understanding of what is going on) because they don't know how to deal with it or that there is anything they can do to help themselves. This is a shame. I think when we are depressed we do exactly what makes us depressed. We concentrate on our misery and think all these negative things about ourselves that tarnish our consciousness even more. Often, finding a way to help someone else is, at least in part, a way to save yourself.

I couldn't agree more. It's is so self abasing. A vicious circle. You feel bad therefore you do bad which makes you feel bad so you do bad. I truly feel for those who struggle with debilitating depression. But in the end it's their life and their choice in most instances (there are some clinical exceptions).

Adding more to my post: It's been proven you can rewire your brain with any kind of activity (even if the act of staying in motion is like sticking bamboo shoots under your fingernails) and fighting to keep a positive attitude about yourself. Instead of feeling like a victim (poor me) take the bull by the horns and fight back. Banish those self punishing thoughts. Take responsibility for where you are. It's no one's fault but your own. But instead of beating yourself up about it, do something. Get up, get active and refuse to go back there. It will take several years to rewire your brain. No quick fix. But think of how many years you've been in a depressed state. It's going to take time!

Okay, so you didn't know any of this and have never been told this straight out. So today is a new day. A clean slate. You can't do anything about the past X number of years but you can do something about today. My motto in life is: I am doing the best I can with the knowledge I have today. Can't go back to yesterday and hammer another nail in that coffin. We start out fresh today and every day forward. One day at a time. If you can't do one day at a time, one step at a time. Or if that is impossible, one breath at a time.
Old 29-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhu86
Life will never put you back in your old place, only your mindset will do that. The only constant in this Universe is change and everything moves on, your 'place' no longer exists except in your mind.

The thing about fighting is that the more you fight the more there is to fight for, because energy goes where the attention goes. If the attention is on the fighting.... As you said yourself, "Up to now I always looked at it that way.." so keep that ball rolling and look at things in a different way. What you have is what you have, what you are is what you have and what you do with it. As blessings sometimes become curses those curses can also become blessings if you choose to see them that way. Time and again you'll see people with all kinds of disabilities turn their circumstances around and become role models for others, it's what's actually happening out there in the Universe. My wife had a mini stroke and parts of her brain have literally died because of the lack of blood to certain areas of it. When she was fighting she was becoming more frustrated until I took her in hand and changed her thinking. No more fighting, no more frustrations but a way to move forwards and manage it in a way that works for her. Both of us really because now I don't have to Live with her frustrations neither.

Most people don't realise what they are fighting against because they just fight and never question.

Do yourself a favour and forget this 'learn the lesson' stuff because often we don't really know what the lesson is. You see, while we're focused so tightly on the lesson we think we're learning we're completely missing another and important lesson - that it's not just about us.

Don't fight it, find ways to turn it all around because if there's one thing that Life has taught me it's that my 'bad' experiences can be used to help others. When you reach that understanding you know that not only have you reached your goal but you understand why you went through it all.
Old 29-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Master
Wise words, Greenslade, thanks.

Old 29-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Experiencer

Can't say much about the depression and stuff since I haven't experienced it. But what came to my mind is that you can look good whatever you look like. Like for exmple, one of my best friends is bald and she looks fricking amazing the way she does.

Beauty isnin the eyes of the umm... Beholder is the word? Don't know but you get the point.