Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Knower
Distractions in the way of realizing one's potential?

I need some help, please. I don't believe in the Devil, per se, but there must be some dark forces in the world, no? Up until recently I was convinced that the only true evil on this planet comes from real, breathing people; not from anything else. However, I keep coming upon a personal dilemma and am not sure how to decode its meaning. Please help me understand. For many years I was addicted to virtual worlds, to cope and to survive, actually. However, years of productivity and growth were taken away from me. Now I am at a time when I could truly take my life by the reins and begin to fulfill my potential and my spiritual mission. But I find myself getting distracted and led astray again. The fuel for this distraction comes from recent bereavement, a desire to dull the pain, and a desire to connect to others, which is something I am afraid to obtain in real life.

Could this be a dark force, so to speak? At a moment of clarity and knowledge of what I need to do, it strikes? And if so - any tips on what I should do? Should I run in the other direction as fast as I can?
Old 20-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Guide
Distraction occur generally when there is something you dont want to look at. Usually from some personal fear. You would have to identify what it is in yourself that you dont want to deal with, or are afraid of and face it to build up there strength to overcome it.
You mention a recent bereavement, that can bring into play a whole host of emotions, many of which are very tough to deal with. The distraction may dull the pain for a while, but it wont go away until you face the specific emotions and come to peace with them. Look them in the eye, acknowledge them and then you can move on.

It sounds like you had an issue even before your bereavement that got you caught up in the virtual distraction. So even after you have faced your current cause for distraction, you should search out what it was before that you were not ready to face and moved you to distraction.
Old 20-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
Distraction occur generally when there is something you dont want to look at. Usually from some personal fear. You would have to identify what it is in yourself that you dont want to deal with, or are afraid of and face it to build up there strength to overcome it.
You mention a recent bereavement, that can bring into play a whole host of emotions, many of which are very tough to deal with. The distraction may dull the pain for a while, but it wont go away until you face the specific emotions and come to peace with them. Look them in the eye, acknowledge them and then you can move on.

It sounds like you had an issue even before your bereavement that got you caught up in the virtual distraction. So even after you have faced your current cause for distraction, you should search out what it was before that you were not ready to face and moved you to distraction.
I agree with Rawnrr - if there's a dark force at play here, its name is fear.

Fear's a funny thing - when you turn away from it and start running, it seems scarily real (and boy do I know, I did it for most of my life). When you stand still and acknowledge it without judgment, you see its illusory nature.

Just have faith - your heart can bear it all, so let the fear be, without resistance. Fear only has as much power as we give it, the problem is that we usually react to it unconsciously - so be conscious of it when it arises.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Knower
I understand the logic in your replies, but what I'm going through doesn't make sense. A few times every day, a thought pops up into my mind about a game from The Elder Scrolls, which I have never played. I find this game gloomy, dark, and unwelcoming with an energy that is repulsive and terrifying to me, so much so that I reject the thought with "leave me alone" in disgust. The thought comes back a few times a day. I have still to touch the game, and am tempted to do so, but resist it. The game deals with an evil god's awakening.
I am about to start working on my musical potential. Just wondering if there is something more to this.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoursTruly
I understand the logic in your replies, but what I'm going through doesn't make sense. A few times every day, a thought pops up into my mind about a game from The Elder Scrolls, which I have never played. I find this game gloomy, dark, and unwelcoming with an energy that is repulsive and terrifying to me, so much so that I reject the thought with "leave me alone" in disgust. The thought comes back a few times a day. I have still to touch the game, and am tempted to do so, but resist it. The game deals with an evil god's awakening.
I am about to start working on my musical potential. Just wondering if there is something more to this.
So bite the bullet and play the game! What's the worst that could happen? How often have you confronted fear and come away thinking 'what was I so scared of?'?
Old 14-02-2014, 10:28 AM
nicholaswalkfree

In my experience, all "Dark forces" come from within me. It is only when I totally accept them that they cease to have power over me. I find that it is only when I accept responsibility for these things that I am able to transcend them. For example, treating your desire to go to your comfortable habits that do not serve you as a part of yourself (approach it like a child who wants to eat too much chocolate, for example) might be useful.

Hope this helps.
Old 16-02-2014, 10:17 PM
TruthSatnaam

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoursTruly
I need some help, please. I don't believe in the Devil, per se, but there must be some dark forces in the world, no? Up until recently I was convinced that the only true evil on this planet comes from real, breathing people; not from anything else. However, I keep coming upon a personal dilemma and am not sure how to decode its meaning. Please help me understand. For many years I was addicted to virtual worlds, to cope and to survive, actually. However, years of productivity and growth were taken away from me. Now I am at a time when I could truly take my life by the reins and begin to fulfill my potential and my spiritual mission. But I find myself getting distracted and led astray again. The fuel for this distraction comes from recent bereavement, a desire to dull the pain, and a desire to connect to others, which is something I am afraid to obtain in real life.

Could this be a dark force, so to speak? At a moment of clarity and knowledge of what I need to do, it strikes? And if so - any tips on what I should do? Should I run in the other direction as fast as I can?

Go out and experience life but try n remain detached in the knowledge that its just a game- a test world if u will- all to discover the truth. The Truth is actually a frequency beyond which mortals can comprehend- it has no image, no form. It's found through compassion, love, selfless service etc- it is a frequency of a balanced knowledge that lives to discover while remaining detached from the highs and lows of the discoverys.

Dont go into the darkness of drink, drugs, overeating etc. look after ur body for its gods temple.If youve got your mission, then b fearless and fulfill it- the darkness is but an illusion so try not 2 worry about it n stay detached.
Old 17-02-2014, 12:39 AM
zombie

@ YoursTruly (and you),

Opening a source will always give/bring a reaction.
The sensitivity of the matter makes you very vulnerable if it is new to you.

The main thing to realize is that you are always the master and the weaver of webs. Think less and focus on core sentiments fe. you are sure you like kittens or mosquito's if that's your thing.

All the differs from that is processing and realizing that you do might allow you to step back and become less entangled.

Trust your pure me and trust that you like kittens etc. and let go.

-I am new to this site so I can not really judge if I make any sense so feel free to high five me!