Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 22-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Michael B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiowitch66
I need a little help with Kenaz. There seems to be so many different ways you can read it, even within a spread.

My interpretation is light, clarity and insight....

Other interpretations I have found are 'inner fire, opportunity, offer'.

it just doesnt seem to jive for me. Any thoughts?

It depends, I've thought of it as Inner fire, but opportunity it is not. Jera is the Rune for that. It's not an offer either, that's Gebo. It is inspiration, which can come in interesting ways, but Kenaz is on the smallest scale. The Torch burns out quickly, while the sun or the day last much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adagio11
I've never touched a set of Runes in my life. I've practiced with just about every other divination tool. I would like to learn, but they seem rather complex. I'm used to using these tools instinctually. This would be much different. But, I'm definitely willing to learn!

P.S. I'm in Cincinnati! :-D

P.S.S. My spelling is awful and my work uses Internet Explorer 5.1.91 ...seriously. Thus, i don't have spell check.
Well, take a look a the Runes and see where you get. They aren't really that complex though, but I'd say they are very tightly knit. You can choose to look at the finer details of it, but I just keep it simple for the most part.
Old 22-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Kristine

I may be interested in runes. I always kind of know when the tarot cards are lying to me, but I like to play with them anyway. A friend had me pick on once and she said it was about a car I tried 3 more times and picked the same darn one.
I know nothing really, so teach away.
Old 23-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Michael B.

I have written down things about the Runes before, but there are plenty of good sources around the internet. The Alphabet I use is the Elder Futhark. It takes up a lot of time and space to explain everything, so my philosophy right now is, give it the good college try, and come here with any questions.
Old 23-10-2011, 03:40 PM
scorpiowitch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B.
It depends, I've thought of it as Inner fire, but opportunity it is not. Jera is the Rune for that. It's not an offer either, that's Gebo. It is inspiration, which can come in interesting ways, but Kenaz is on the smallest scale. The Torch burns out quickly, while the sun or the day last much longer.

That makes sense. But that leads me to my next question. Suppose Kenaz came up in a spread in a "distant past" position? How would you read it?
Old 23-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Michael B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiowitch66
That makes sense. But that leads me to my next question. Suppose Kenaz came up in a spread in a "distant past" position? How would you read it?
If it was reversed, I'd probably say False Hope. If not, Insight would be my first guess. It all depends though. With either one, I'd be wondering what it's regarding.
Old 25-10-2011, 09:45 PM
scorpiowitch66

Quote:
If it was reversed, I'd probably say False Hope. If not, Insight would be my first guess. It all depends though. With either one, I'd be wondering what it's regarding.

Exactly...which is why I question it. The spread I was using was basically a past-present-future but over a person's life.... The first position, which was "Distant Past", I interpreted as birth. Kenaz was in that position which made it difficult to read....

Thanks for the help!
Old 26-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Michael B.

If it doesn't feel like it's answering the question you asked, make sure it isn't answering something else. Sometimes the Runes have better questions to answer than the ones you asked.
Old 26-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Morgana Rose

i will have a "set" of runes very soon, so i may very well be here asking advice :) i've always been very interested in runes, just never got around to it lol.
hopefully i'll be able to gain some insight to the runes when they arrive :)
brilliant idea this thread :)
Old 26-10-2011, 11:28 AM
seahorse

Quote:
Personally, I'd wait till you have a general idea what the Runes mean to make a set. It'd be more meaningful to make them with a good idea what means what. It's a matter of opinion, but that's what I think.
I'm a bit sceptical about this. Out of curiosity i made a set of Elder Furthark Runes myself this summer, having no idea about their meanings, and i still don't ! Fact is i google for interpretations every time i do a reading, keeping what resonates witin me as appropriate in every case. I let the whole thing be instinctual and from what people say the readings are quite accurate. I could be wrong but i tend to trust gut instincts, they're seldom wrong contrary to "conscious" thought that often deceives us.
Old 26-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Michael B.

If your going to use something, you should well know what your using and how it works. It's not being very honorable to just do everything by the book, regardless of the tricks you use with it.