Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Bluegreen

To me a tree simply is. I always think how patient they are. Love them.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Crysaetos, if you live on the east coast, below maine, or the lower states, and the west coast, you can easily grow redwood trees! They are hardy to southern minnisoda!
Europe here..

Redwoods can grow here too though.

They are the type of forest that looks the most ancient to me, it's almost fantasy..
Old 18-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Master
I like it!......Patient seems like a great word to describe them. I'll have to use that when my grandson is older and he ask me what patients is.
James
Old 18-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Master
I read that Chestnuts and elms were quite magnificient and plentiful but because of their density (something like that), they were cut down and made into chips first.
There is something about a chestnut tree that attracts me.
Old 18-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Time

Crysaetos, I wouldve taken you as a Canadian LOL.

Red woods grow awosme in the UK. They tend to enjoy coolish wettish conditions ( although they handle drough extremely well!).

I can understand why the forests look ancient. They are one of the oldest living tree species! They used to grow all around North america, and even europe and asia. IF I remember right, Line is 100 million years old!!! They find fossil stumps in alberta. There is also one, that is relitivly new toscience. Metaseqoia (dawn redwood) was only known in the fossil record untill 60 years ago, when it was foind growing in temple grounds in china. TI is actualy the exact same tree as the fossil record! ( like the ginko, cept the ginko has slightly changed) There were less then 50 of them, now due to cultivation thers MILLIONS!!!! You want your own "jurassic park". throwin some redwood, ginko, ferns and your set!!
Old 18-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Suspended
Great thread Spiritlite.

I'm a tree person too. I have a stunning twisted willow in the garden which is just gorgeous.

I'm also a secret tree-hugger (shhhh, don't tell anyone). For me, trees represent strength and if I need a bit of a pick-me-up, I go and hug a tree.

Squatch
Old 18-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Time

I have a bohdi tree ( not planted), its the one buddha sat under and cotemplated untill enlightenment!!! But im my yard I have a massive Lilac, a huge green ash, as well as a new, baby russian olive ( not a real olive, but just as sexy). I see myself going out jsut to stare at it!!
Old 18-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Master
there was 380million year old fossilized forest found in New York....imagine that!
Old 18-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
I have a bohdi tree ( not planted), its the one buddha sat under and cotemplated untill enlightenment!!!

That's cool!

Does the redwood tree have a softish bark, almost sponge-like? I only ask because I was on holiday a few years ago (near the Welsh border) and rented out a cottage. The groundsman showed us a walk (within the grounds) down to a beautiful little river and on the way pointed out these spongey trees. He told us to thump the bark (eek!) but after he did, we did too. It was surprisingly giving. Am I thinking of the same tree?

Squatch
Old 18-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Master