Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Knower
A Compelling Thought Experiment About Heaven

Most of us do not have a "direct connection" to the "Big Guy" - or "Goddess" (but let's not get hung up on genre specifics here - you know who, or what, I'm referring to). Most of us have our angels, Archangels, and spirit guides, and such, as the natural "go-betweens" in this regard. (If you are in direct contact with the "Big One", you've got to be either a fanatic or a lunatic ... or perhaps Moses incarnate? ... Did'ja get any white hair out of the ordeal ...? ...Just sayin' ... But I digress and I'm not trying to judge)...

My point is : that all things in Creation have emanated down into this particular manifestation that we are all familiar with. Whether it's likely that we can associate all of this physical world's attributes and aspects to science or an "Intelligent Designer", I think we can all agree that there are a multitude of inescapable "annoyances", "shortcomings" and "conflictive situations" that have to constantly be put up with, from the moment we "scream out" with our first breath to that "last gasp" we all must inevitably take. Life lessons and soul experiences aside, whether, physical or psychological, those annoyances are always there.

Most people (I think) believe that there is also a Heaven, but then the logistics of how it occurs, what it is composed of, and even who gets to be there - all breaks down for us as groups or individuals begin to look at the matter seriously. (We can thank the "Tower of Babel" episode for this, I'll bet.)

This forum thread originates from me having once heard the suggestion that "maybe we create our own Heaven". After all, many of us also believe that we create, and exist in our own self made hells - something that seems to occur quite frequently, and practically enduring upon us for our whole "condemnable" life (you'd have to "be there" to understand that phraseology).

My question is this: "If there were a naturally occurring place in existence, on any level of reality of your preference (other than the "physical" but with just as much "ORGANIZATIONAL VALIDITY" as the physical plane), and you were given the power of a God to make it functional, what would you do different than what has already been incorporated into this reality that we all have a certain amount of familiarity with - knowing that we will all leave from it some day ?

After all, humans are not immortal. (But also think : "everything Jim Carey FAILED AT in the movie : 'Bruce Almighty'").

There is no taking this lightly (approach this as if it were an interview for a job you really, really, want). After all, you'll be wanting everybody in your "Eternal Home For Them" to love you, right?

In this respect, you must keep these points in mind:

1. There will be "SELF CONTAINED" Natural Laws that govern its continuation throughout eternity. Could you allude to a few of them?
2. There will be sentient beings inhabiting it, who are allowed to come and go as they please. Immortal is, as immortal does.
3. (here's the clincher) : Free will exists, but antagonism of any form does not. How could it be Heaven otherwise?

So, what conditions would you "decree" to make Heaven compatible for all entities? Remember : you made them, so all you have to do is let them see how to love you enough to stick around and be productive ... Everything else is a "natural, self sustaining phenomenon" from your own Divine Wisdom.

Does anyone out there care to tackle the creation of a Heaven suitable for the masses? Who knows. In contemplating this, we might find a way to better our selves in this expression....
Old 09-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Experiencer

Here are my thoughts on your question.

More and more quantum physicists are finding we're not as smart as we hought we were...that our "physical world" isn't what we think/thought it was (is it a program running on some massive super computer...or is consciousness running the physical show?). Independent archaeologists are also finding that it seems ancient civilizations were far more advanced than we give them credit for (Graham Hancock among others). Dr. Steven Greer's research points to the idea that ETs are highly spiritually advanced and many are from other dimensions as well as other planets and some even from our own future (his work on suppressed energy is also very interesting). Some cosmologists say the Solar system has entered an area of space that will cause a positive shift of consciousness for the entire system (this occurred Dec. 12, 2012, when our solar system crossed the plane of ecliptic of the Milky Way and passed from the north (masculine) to the south (feminine)(This happens approximately every 13,500 years).

Putting this all together I seriously wonder if the human race is about to receive it's next big step in evolution...that we'll become far more spiritual and in touch with consciousness. I wonder if other older ETs have achieved this step long ago and others have achieved the highest step...some so advanced that the understanding of the relationship of physical and spiritual are so well understood they'd seem like magic to the most knowledgeable physicists.
So in saying we create our own heaven I'm inclined to think it's a collective, not individual, within a species...and that some have indeed achieved "heaven".
Old 09-01-2019, 09:53 PM
Knower
Well Mardav70, I had to look back into time to view some of your previously started posts to get a sense of where you were coming from when you responded to my query about what heaven would be like if it were created "in 'your' name". So for the sake of conversation I'm attempting to superimpose some of what you said in previous years on top of your recent response to my topic.

I'm actually going to drift away from the "QM, ETs, and physical location of our known universe" that you had responded with, in order to get back to my original intent of the post - which was to see how you would build your heaven, or at least what its principle energy might come from, and try to converse in that regard.

I noticed that in your NDE posts (circa 2016), you had some very vibrant descriptions for your experience. I also noticed what I think must be a "standard" form of Divine energy - that which we all know as "unconditional love" was also mentioned.

Question : Do you think your "self built" heaven (for everybody, I assume), would be constructed of this energy itself (i.e.: unconditional love), such as might be compared to physical "zero-point field energy" or more etheric "pranic substances" - or that, that energy would still have to be "emanated" from sentient beings taking up residence ?

I guess that is really a question of whether you think "consciousness" is an epiphenomenon of the matter of our earthly organism, or would the contrary be true for you, or even at that, both consciousness and matter (not necessarily of earthly origin) require equal influence in this heavenly "reality" that I'm trying to draw a picture of, from your previous experience.

In another segment that I read, you suggested that here (on the earth plane), it felt like we are about to have a major change; an "evolutionary upgrade" as you put it.

So another question arises : With the dissolution of materialism, greed, and (such things as) selfishness, are you of the mind that Heaven could actually materialize on the earth plane itself - or do you suppose that heaven must remain in a vibration unique unto itself?

Well anyway; this was my attempt to steer the direction I was hoping the conversation could go. Perhaps if I am wrong on this front, you could elaborate further on how your original post (post #2; this topic) was supposed to reflect on the questions I posed (in post #1).
Old 10-01-2019, 04:54 AM
Experiencer

Where I'm at now isn't necessarily where I'll be...who knows how long from now. I once read that the average NDE takes about 17 years before full realization (whatever that means) It's been 11 years for me.
My feeling is that sharing what we experience is how we learn. I've learned much by what others have shared with me because they gave me affirmation (on a personal level concerning certain events in my life that I didn't understand...or even accept because those instances would be considered irrational to rational people...meeting my TF, having ESP as a child and loosing that ability are two).

I'm confused (maybe I didn't word my post properly...in which case, my apologies) but I don't understand what you mean by my "self built" universe. I have no actual idea what the construct might truly be. These are only things, because of research concerning the observable world, I wonder MIGHT BE, not what I believe to be. And those can change at any time, but it would take affirmation from more than one source, and from those more experienced or knowledgeable than myself.

I know for a fact (on a personal level) that consciousness survives death and this place where consciousness goes is not in this dimension.

As for your last question, no, my response doesn't really address your question. I simply thought that the idea of "heaven" is really neither here nor there because there are countless ideas about what it is (and who can really know what awaits there?) Even NDEs reports differ wildly on "what's over there". So any comments on what heaven is can only be viewed as opinion at our stage of knowledge. Yet the vast majority of us come back with very similar ideas about the importance of unconditional love. And that's the important part (lol..no, not a sermon, but simply, what most of us NDErs learn).

My apologies for a response that wasn't in line with what you were looking for. But it did (wrongly?) pique my interest enough to comment.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:54 PM
Knower
Red face

I appreciate the input, and thank you.

My purpose for posting the thread was to "get opinions" on the topic. That's all. I consider it an exercise for our minds to think about stuff "just out there," (beyond our grasp, as it were).

I was taught that "creativity" was a good thing, basing my own opinion on "Creation" being a good thing. By extension, I believe that a "created" (sentience) should have some practical connection to the "Creator" because of being a construct of it. And with that connection, we could exercise an ability to view what's "just out there".

The more perspectives, the better.

In my defense, I am probably "too cerebral" for a lot of folks.... (Not that smart) ... just a thinker.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:22 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey
I appreciate the input, and thank you.

My purpose for posting the thread was to "get opinions" on the topic. That's all. I consider it an exercise for our minds to think about stuff "just out there," (beyond our grasp, as it were).

I was taught that "creativity" was a good thing, basing my own opinion on "Creation" being a good thing. By extension, I believe that a "created" (sentience) should have some practical connection to the "Creator" because of being a construct of it. And with that connection, we could exercise an ability to view what's "just out there".

The more perspectives, the better.

In my defense, I am probably "too cerebral" for a lot of folks.... (Not that smart) ... just a thinker.

KUDOS...!
No need to "defend" yourself. When you respect yourself, you respect others...that's what it's all about regardless of what we find for ourselves and no matter how different those findings might be...and most importantly the reason we should share those experiences.
I'm surprised...and disappointed...that others haven't posted responses to your thread. Could have been a fascinating read...!
Namste.