Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Master
Throughout the centuries people have used any turmoil and war and “un-christian” beliefs and behaviour as “signs” of the “end times”. The book has been used as shelter to shield believers from a world they don’t understand. How come the world is so diverse and complex? It must obviously be a conspiracy! And that is exactly what this particular book has done. It has also given people an excuse to no longer care about society and our world because it’s “evil” and only Jesus can “save” it. There have been so many of these people waiting for stuff to happen like the Jim Jones cult..

This book has done a lot of harm to innocent people. This book has also inspired governments to get their embassy back to Jerusalem. If they don’t see an end times they will make sure they create one themselves. Truly dangerous stuff.

Incidentally, there’s a rational and decent explanation I encountered in one uni course where it isn’t about “visions” but just observations made in 1st century Roman Empire. Rome did burn, and Nero was wounded and came back, and people had to pay with coins with Nero’s head on it. This explanation would mean it’s part fancy nightmares written down, presented as ‘wisdom’ mixed with a few observations of 1st century Rome.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:55 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
The whole world has watched revelation unfold in front of their eyes, yet few see it.

Because that is a statement without any evidence to support it.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle
The Bible is inspired by the idea that a god exists, there is no evidence it is so. The Biblical god character is most unpleasant and not in the least bit credible, imo.

ok...question, do you believe in demons and Angels?
Old 10-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
ok...question, do you believe in demons and Angels?

No I don't.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
There's no evidence for the universe to be infinite but the most brilliant man believe it is so. He died for the sins of the whole world, yet you hate Him.

no he didn't say he hated Jesus, he said he hated God. though i do believe he may have meant Jesus. since most seem to ignore the fact that Jesus said he HAS a "GOD" and "FATHER" ,(John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God). Jesus also said that if we wanted life, not ONLY should we get to know him. but also the "ONLY TRUE GOD." and he wasn't referring to himself as the only true God ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent).
Old 10-01-2019, 02:51 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
The whole world has watched revelation unfold in front of their eyes, yet few see it.

that is so true!
Old 10-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Throughout the centuries people have used any turmoil and war and “un-christian” beliefs and behaviour as “signs” of the “end times”. The book has been used as shelter to shield believers from a world they don’t understand. How come the world is so diverse and complex? It must obviously be a conspiracy! And that is exactly what this particular book has done. It has also given people an excuse to no longer care about society and our world because it’s “evil” and only Jesus can “save” it. There have been so many of these people waiting for stuff to happen like the Jim Jones cult..

This book has done a lot of harm to innocent people. This book has also inspired governments to get their embassy back to Jerusalem. If they don’t see an end times they will make sure they create one themselves. Truly dangerous stuff.

Incidentally, there’s a rational and decent explanation I encountered in one uni course where it isn’t about “visions” but just observations made in 1st century Roman Empire. Rome did burn, and Nero was wounded and came back, and people had to pay with coins with Nero’s head on it. This explanation would mean it’s part fancy nightmares written down, presented as ‘wisdom’ mixed with a few observations of 1st century Rome.

not true!... the bible MANY times of loving one another. it speaks of how God doesn't judge humans based on how they look or what they have. it's show that God... Jehovah God wants people to live forever and be happy. he made this world a beautiful place to live in. we can see this by the MANY beautiful mountains and waterfall sceneries. also he told the first man he created to take care of the Earth. the bible doesn't do harm to people... PEOPLE do harm to people.

it's humans who take out of the bible and make it the way they want. to try and explain away or justify the reasons for their wicked actions. for example, God tells us how we can have a happy marriage and family. how if each person in a family household do their share. there would be very little heart aches. yet MANY wants to be selfish ,thinking only about themselves. which leads to adultery and children thinking they don't need to follow rules. many innocent people have been murdered because of the selfish spouse wanting out of the marriage. we at times bring problems onto ourselves, because we THINK!... we can dictate our lives better than our creator.

whenever we do, we seem to make a mess of it. then what we do... blame God! man wants to blame everything on God, yet they can't take the blame for their OWN ACTIONS! sadly satan!... has MANY using every excuse NOT to believe, and he's having a great time. but after all, he did basically tell Jehovah God, he can turn MANY away from him, and he has! he tried with Jesus, just as he did with Job, but it didn't work. God nor Jesus will make anyone believe, MANY say "there's No proof!" live to see the End of this wicked system! peace
Old 10-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
not true!... the bible MANY times of loving one another. it speaks of how God doesn't judge humans based on how they look or what they have. it's show that God... Jehovah God wants people to live forever and be happy. he made this world a beautiful place to live in. we can see this by the MANY beautiful mountains and waterfall sceneries. also he told the first man he created to take care of the Earth. the bible doesn't do harm to people... PEOPLE do harm to people.

it's humans who take out of the bible and make it the way they want. to try and explain away or justify the reasons for their wicked actions. for example, God tells us how we can have a happy marriage and family. how if each person in a family household do their share. there would be very little heart aches. yet MANY wants to be selfish ,thinking only about themselves. which leads to adultery and children thinking they don't need to follow rules. many innocent people have been murdered because of the selfish spouse wanting out of the marriage. we at times bring problems onto ourselves, because we THINK!... we can dictate our lives better than our creator.

whenever we do, we seem to make a mess of it. then what we do... blame God! man wants to blame everything on God, yet they can't take the blame for their OWN ACTIONS! sadly satan!... has MANY using every excuse NOT to believe, and he's having a great time. but after all, he did basically tell Jehovah God, he can turn MANY away from him, and he has! he tried with Jesus, just as he did with Job, but it didn't work. God nor Jesus will make anyone believe, MANY say "there's No proof!" live to see the End of this wicked system! peace

John 15:25 But this happened so that the statement written in their law might be fulfilled: They hated me for no reason.

People hate God for no reason, they don't understand that behind all the evil in the world, we find humans and behind these humans we find Satan.In the story of Job, God showed us how Satan operates, he comes and ask permission from God to do evil, then you ask yourself, why God allows it? This is what we want, we chose the evil of Satan leaving out the goodness of God.I said well that christians are the most persecuted, just look at this sub-forum, Satan wants to create division between us, so that we start to hate eachother but I better chose to suffer than to hate, I've learnt my lesson the hard way.Of course, Job was all for God even before Satan's evil plan, but this was the will of God, even His most beloved children suffer in this world, nobody is free of pain, but when the pain comes, the Redemer comes too, and if you allow Him to work in you, you will be stronger at the end of your pain.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
no he didn't say he hated Jesus, he said he hated God. though i do believe he may have meant Jesus. since most seem to ignore the fact that Jesus said he HAS a "GOD" and "FATHER" ,(John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God). Jesus also said that if we wanted life, not ONLY should we get to know him. but also the "ONLY TRUE GOD." and he wasn't referring to himself as the only true God ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent).

None of that is a fact, only a belief.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:36 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
zigzangle quote:
The Bible is inspired by the idea that a god exists, there is no evidence it is so. The Biblical god character is most unpleasant and not in the least bit credible, imo.

The evidence is all around you. Your opinion is what it is. When you see, you see, when you don't you criticize others and things you don't understand.
A man casts seed in stony ground and it quickly withers away.